• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I dont like Bagon...i like slowpoke.

Anyways, I did a couple things on April Fools Day. I joined a thread on facebook called Bisexual!, and I know people noticed, but nobody has said anything. Then, at my best friends house (we have known each other for 10 years), I told him I was Bisexual. 10 minutes later, i told him it was an April Fools joke. He was so relieved...it really broke my heart. This morning I also said the Bisexual! thing was an April Fools joke.

I knew it. I cant reveal myself to anybody. They will all think of me as a freak :(

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Awww, you shouldn't try it out like that. :3 You should be proud of who you are. People will love you when they understand you.

Now if you did tell them, it could be like that "The boy who cried wolf" scenario.

Marshmellowguy

Sealand / Peter Kirkland
    Years

Anyways, I did a couple things on April Fools Day. I joined a thread on facebook called Bisexual!, and I know people noticed, but nobody has said anything. Then, at my best friends house (we have known each other for 10 years), I told him I was Bisexual. 10 minutes later, i told him it was an April Fools joke. He was so relieved...it really broke my heart. This morning I also said the Bisexual! thing was an April Fools joke.

I knew it. I cant reveal myself to anybody. They will all think of me as a freak :(

:( Life can be sad, but we should enjoy the times of happiness.
    I am Bisexual and haven't told anyone yet. I can tell people on the internet and in places like this thread but never to someone in person ... YET I'm hoping to tell my best friend, perhaps even my Girlfriend. I just hope that you can find a time to tell your friend and he will accept you.
    A gay Meganium sounds nice.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    I'm Bisexual.
    At first iw as afraid to tell everyone but I told them anyway.
    In a sorta blurted out way to get it over with.

Needless to say, the reactions were surprising.
    They all accepted it and me for what I am.
    And now we have a big laugh about how I kept it all bottled up before.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

Who gives a crap what they think? Do it for yourself. If you gotta feel ashamed around your friends, then maybe you need to find people who are more mature and who can see you for you and not see you for a label. It's not like you'll suddenly change. (Or at least I hope not because I know people who HAVE changed like Pokejungle. Not to say change is a bad thing, just different. I still like the guy, but maybe other people don't like him anymore. Who knows.)

Just sayin' though. Do it for you, not for them.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years

What does it matter what they think? So you're bisexual? So you like men sometimes? So what? How does that affect anyone except you and the person you're with. People will always be a little weird and awkward at first, especially if they have never really been around a gay person before. A lot people have this preconceived notion that all gay people want to get it on with everyone. All you can do if be honest and try to promote a positive image for yourself and the community. And not just for the gay community, for your own personal community.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I dislike how we call heterosexuals "straight".
    It insists that non-heteroesexuals are crooked.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Haha, remember "You got me bent!" haha but no, in High School, in situations when people would say something was gay I would say strait... but honestly it felt weird every single time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    Truthfully and I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm not to fond of gays.
    All the lesbians I know are either mean, chain smokers, or alcoholics.
    Not saying all lesbians are like that but just all the ones I come across.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Also calling homosexual "gay" makes it look like they are all happy when many are living hard lives.
    Which is why I say homosexual or homo instead of gay.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Truthfully and I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm not to fond of gays.
    All the lesbians I know are either mean, chain smokers, or alcoholics.
    Not saying all lesbians are like that but just all the ones I come across.

Oh... okay... no one cares :B
    You know, generalizing makes you seem so ignorant, though you may not be... it comes off as that with a comment as random as yours.

I did that same thing with my best friend years ago and she was like "You better not be" and a year later she comes out to me... I was pissed haha

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    ITT: Let's associate sexuality with different trends and personalities.

And here I was thinking it was just about sexual attraction, how ignorant of me.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    ITT: Let's associate sexuality with different trends and personalities.

And here I was thinking it was just about sexual attraction, how ignorant of me.

I have reason to believe that a great number of people don't understand that sexual orientation is about who/what turns you on.

Pretty strange, too, because one would think that it is common sense. But I once fell for that myself, I thought I liked a guy even though he didn't turn me on. lol

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    So I had a very awkward experience at a party I went to last night.

My friend is dared to make out with another guy in the room by this one girl. He doesn't like the guys in the room, so he pulls me up to the room to make out with him. (He knows I'm gay.)

So I've just unwillingly outed myself to four people who didn't know I was gay...possibly as many as eight people, too. That is NOT how I wanted the night to turn out...:V

but he's hot so I guess I'm a lucky man. :P

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I honestly never thought I'd see LGBT come up on a Pokemon forum, but I guess weirder things have happened!
    I personally support the LGBT(QIA) community, which makes most people assume I'm gay. I consider myself straight, but I also think that whoever I fall in love with is who's right for me, no matter the gender. As long as we're both happy with one another, that's what matters.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I'm laughing at the ads on this page. :D

I don't know what it's like to be gay, and since it does absolutely no harm to anyone I'm not going to judge. I'm going to believe the gay people themselves when they say that it is not a choice, but it is just who they are. I have a cousin who is gay, and I live in a very Mormon family, and so I know from experience how stupid homophobia can be when it divides families. I have a few friends who are gay too, and it just doesn't bother me at all.

I would support legalizing gay-marriage, but honestly I think homophobes have a point when they say that marriage is a religious institution. I strongly believe in the separation of Church and State, and frankly I think the government should only recognize civil unions, and just have marriage be a religious status only and not be recognized by the government at all. Civil unions (opposite or same sex, it doesn't matter) would have all the rights recognized by the government that it recognizes for married partners now. This will probably never happen in such a heavily religious nation as the United States, but this is just my opinion of how things should be.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I understand your point, Yamikarasu, but I'm pretty sure that the idea of marriage was around before the Bible and Christianity. So it's a bit unfair for it to be tied down by a single religion's view in a country that is so for freedom of religion and was founded on the separation of church and state.

Now I'm not saying that church's should be FORCED to give gay marriages, that's a different issue.

Last edited:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I understand your point, Yamikarasu, but I'm pretty sure that the idea of marriage was around before the Bible and Christianity. So it's a bit unfair for it to be tied down by a single religion's view in a country that is so for freedom of religion and was founded on the separation of church and state.

Now I'm not saying that church's should be FORCED to give gay marriages, that's a different issue.

@Bold: This is true, but Christians today cling to marriage and state how important it is to them as a sacred religious contract. If using the word "marriage" is causing such an uproar because of it's ties to religion, shouldn't we just take that word out our government? What does it matter what we call it as long as everyone has the same rights and everyone is protected under the same institution?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back