• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

life direction

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    do you have any idea where you're going? or what you want to do but don't yet have the means to do so?

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i have..somewhat of an idea of what i want to do i guess. my moms been pushing me to go to college, so i'll possibly do that in the fall. for what, i'm not sure. i took a quiz thing tho to help me figure out and narrow down my choices. but yeah..right now my only plan is to go to college, make friends and get my degree in whatever i decide to major in.

Years
  • If you'd asked me this 18 months ago I could have given you a very detailed description of exactly where my life was going to go but now I'm not really sure anymore. There's a lot of things I'd love to do but I'm not entirely sure any of them are within the realms of possibility these days.

pkmin3033

I have some vague ideas of what I could be doing within the next few months, and there are definitely one or two things I would like to do in a few years if I can make things work out. The problem is the middle bit between the near future and the distant future, and all too often I feel like the only place my life is headed is to an early grave. It's hard to know when everything is so uncertain.

Last edited:

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Sort of. I want to start a family soon. Nothing is certain about the future. Most of the big changes in my life were caused by me changing things up.
    As your growing up though, it feels like you are waiting for the means, money, job or whatever to came along.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • i have..somewhat of an idea of what i want to do i guess. my moms been pushing me to go to college, so i'll possibly do that in the fall. for what, i'm not sure. i took a quiz thing tho to help me figure out and narrow down my choices. but yeah..right now my only plan is to go to college, make friends and get my degree in whatever i decide to major in.

i hate to say this and i apologise if you feel i'm speaking out of term here, but just from this post it seems to me that you've not a lot of control over your own life's direction right now. think beyond what your mum and a quiz are suggesting you do - what is it that you want?

ofc it's not a bad thing per se to not have any clear direction or to just go with the flow, so to speak, but on principle i feel like you should be the most active person in deciding where you're going

Devil in the Mirror

We Stitch These Wounds
    Years
  • i hate to say this and i apologise if you feel i'm speaking out of term here, but just from this post it seems to me that you've not a lot of control over your own life's direction right now. think beyond what your mum and a quiz are suggesting you do - what is it that you want?

ofc it's not a bad thing per se to not have any clear direction or to just go with the flow, so to speak, but on principle i feel like you should be the most active person in deciding where you're going

I agree completely. I went to college because my parents wanted me to and I was hoping it would help my chances at success afterwards in life. I found out that degrees in everything I am passionate about and good at are practically useless, and I'm now thousands of dollars in debt and work as a part time dishwasher. It's best to figure out what you want and how to get there before jumping into anything. Maybe college is the best option for someone else, but for example, I'd have been better off to have got the kind of work I have now and been making money and working on my passions instead of attending college.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • I kind of have an idea of where I want to go, but I don't have everything worked out. I'm planning to become a paristologist (if you don't know what that is, it's someone in the branch of biology or medicine who studies parisites) and to do so, I'm planning to get a Bachelor of Science degree, and then work toward getting a Master's and Doctorate degree. I'm just not sure what school(s) I'd apply to after I get my Bachelor's.

To be honest, that's really all I have "figured out" as of late lol.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    the plan™ is to get into my dream university course after finishing sixth form next year. there i'll study for four years before hopefully getting a job in either china, south korea, or japan, and emigrating there for a new start. hopefully find someone to love somewhere along the way. haha my plans a bit uber specific perhaps but it's all i've got!

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i hate to say this and i apologise if you feel i'm speaking out of term here, but just from this post it seems to me that you've not a lot of control over your own life's direction right now. think beyond what your mum and a quiz are suggesting you do - what is it that you want?

the problem with that is i have /no/ idea what i want to do in my life. not to get depressing but i never thought i'd make it past 16 years old. so now that i have i just..have no idea what i want to do in my life. a part of me does want to go to college, but a part of me also doesn't bc of fear and stuff like that. and i absolutely do not want to work right now. ugh i don't know. it's very complicated right now bc my mom might be moving to tuscaloosca (another place in alabama) for a job if she gets it and..i might go with her, mainly bc if i dont i have to stay at the dorms at the college me and my mom looked at, and then stay with my nana and my sister every weekend which i dont want.

i guess the one thing i want in life the most is to be happy, but im not even sure how to do that. sorry to get depressing ugh

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I want to live of music. I have been playing the violin for a few years now and it has always been in mind that I want to be a musician.

I don't have to be famous. I don't have to be known. It is good enough for me if I can be a part of a symphony or another kind of background musician.

If not that, a very big dream of mine is to be a videogame composer. I'm probably dreaming very big though. ^-^;

I just know that I want to do something with music, as long as it isn't something like sound engineering.

Imafroggy

King
    Years
  • I'm in a pickle.
    I want to be a school teacher and be a role model for children. It's one of my dreams to do that.
    But I also have a dream to own a house or two in then neighborhood I grew up in.
    I'm going to be a server at Disneyland and with the money they make, it's definitely possible to own a house or two. It'd be enough to pay for school too!

So I don't know whether or not to stay at the resort for the remainder of my career, or become a teacher. It's weird, I never saw myself working here but here I am now lol

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • The magnitude of where I'm going is at 0 m/s and I have zero sense of direction. Also, the sun is directly above me at the time of typing this, so that leaves me with even less clues of the direction of my magnitude.

.//physics

Honestly? I want to do art professionally. Realistically speaking, I can't do that because being hired for art sounds like a big lottery and it almost seems like Japan is the most realistic place to do that and even then, I might just end up doing R18 stuff just so I can get by. I might just go into programming just because I feel like I'll have more stability.

Worse comes to worst? I'll have to go into the medical field because I'm studying medical right now and although it's interesting at times, I don't want the pressure of one mistake being the difference between saving someone's life and killing them.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • I've been working for an e-commerce site for over two years. It kinda feels like I wasted my master's degree, but I'm hoping to get a job as an Academic Advisor at the university. I loved teaching but I hated the politics of being a professor. So, I feel like this will still give me the interaction with students that I enjoyed without having to deal with worrying about getting funding for the department, writing, and publishing.

i want to kill myself tbh jjust need to bring myself to do it

I tried that, and it was a pretty bad decision. Nevertheless, it was an opportunity to get the help I needed. I recommend finding someone before that point to help you out. There's always someone out there that cares about you.

Back