• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lights, Camera, Action! ☆ Movie Watchers' Club

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
All time favorite quote will have to be this one: The limit does not exist. As well as "Don't have sex, or you will get pregnant, and DIE." I lol'd at that. I pretty much watched it 9342973402934 times now, might watch it for another time sometime tonight if I'm not as tired. I swear, it never gets old! I was in the 8th grade when that movie was released. :3

& Welcome Ozzy!~ You and I have lots of movies in common ESPECIALLY BREAKFAST CLUB AAAAH. :D You also listed some Stephen King movies too, so that makes you instacool.

What are some movies you'd like to see a prequel to?
A prequel to the Hunger Games series doesn't sound bad. Because we've all wondered what actually happened before the whole games began, so it made sense to learn a little history on the first Hunger Game events, as well as how Haymitch Abernathy won the games.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I never seen mean girls but I just thought it was some alright chick flick that you shouldn't compare to more serious films.
I just saw American Beauty and I rather enjoyed it. The Elliott Smith song at the end lacks the feels he is knowed for in his music but it's a cover/fits well with the ending beforehand so I give it a past.
The movie felt a bit too pervy/deep in some parts but the message is rather clear. The scene with the bag floating in the wind has been referenced by many (Simpsons,family guy,katy perry etc) and the scene with Mena Suvari in roses is pretty iconic as far as modem film goes.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Since we were on the The Da Vinci Code topic, my dad actually bought the movie AND Angels & Demons. You can't believe how happy I am right now! :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's been a while since we've had any posts here, so I'm giving this a bump. n_n;; Also, here's a new topic if any of you would like to answer! If you were to turn yourself into a movie character, which would it be? Why would you choose them? What movie are they from?

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
If you were to turn yourself into a movie character, which would it be?

Hmmmmm.............. Why do I feel like I've already answered this topic elsewhere? xD Maybe over in C&M. I'd like to be Mewtwo with the ability to turn into Mega Mewtwo Y. Badass powers, sleek design. I'd pretend to be the first alien and communicate with people telepathically and try to make life better for good people and teleport away if someone wanted to capture me. Like, military and stuff.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh, I created a thread about super-heroes recently over there, so maybe it was that one? xD" Thanks for bumping this, Rika. Anyway, if I were to turn myself into a movie character, it would probably be somebody from Harry Potter series, with Hermione being my more preferable choice. You'd be living in a magical world, know how to cast spells, ride brooms, meet creatures you've never seen before, and so on. All in all, it would be a very exciting and fun experience. Aside from her, I also wouldn't mind being Invisible Woman from Fantastic Four.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
If you were to turn yourself into a movie character, which would it be?

Well, that's a hard choice. For me, it would be between three options: Spider-man (As played by Toby Macguire), Obi-Wan Kenobi (As played by Ewan McGregor), and Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. The last one is sort of cheating, since it's an animated movie based off of a video game, but it's still a bad ass movie xP I'm definitely leaning towards Spider-Man though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I think I'd be Iron Man. Not sure how that's gonna work, but I feel that I can relate to Tony Stark so much in terms of personality and such.

Anyways, I saw Godzilla a couple of weeks ago. It was SO BADASS. Anyone else saw it? What do you think? Was it better than the past films? Don't forget to spoiler if you are dishing out details. :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Username: acatfrommars
Favorite movie(s): Gladiator, Hot Rod, The Godfather, A Bronx Tale, The Dark Knight, Shawshank Redemption, Holes, Cinderella Man

Answer a topic: How often do you watch movies?: I watch about 2-3 movies a week. Not as many as my brother. :p
~ What are you favorite movie genre(s)?: I love action movies, comedies and adventure movies. I think I watch more action movies than anything, but some of my favorites have been comedies. :p

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Holes.

You are the first person I've seen that likes that movie! I read the book AND watched the movie, and the movie was as good as the book. :o It's one of my favorite movies of all time, and I never get tired of watching it because it was really good and pretty much every scene was exactly as it said from the book.

Welcome btw :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to the club, Bruce! Ah, Gladiator; I've seen a glimpse of that movie before, but don't think I've ever gotten the chance to finish watching it completely, unfortunately. :( It was pretty entertaining, though.

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 18, 2014
Username: OG_Haunter
Favorite movie(s): Avatar, Happy Gilmore, and Godfather
Answer a topic:How often do you watch movies? I watch movies whenever I have time which is a lot.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hihi and welcome!~

A lot of good movies are in theatres this weekend. I have plans on seeing The Fault In Our Stars. If you haven't read the book written by John Green, you are missing out but no worries, I won't judge you if you haven't read it yet. :P This movie is guaranteed to tear me apart emotionally, just like how the book did to me.

Another good movie coming out is Edge of Tomorrow, with Tom Cruise. That's also on my list!

infranto

[color=grey][i]When it rains, it pours.[/i][/color
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
I love the layout and design of the thread.

Username: Yizzay : IRL Name: Steve
Favorite movie(s): Perks of being a wallflower, That Awkward Moment .. a million others.

How often do you watch movies?
As much as I hate to admit it, I actually watch movies daily or every two days. I'm very much a stay at home and live in my own world type person, so movies are something which I am reliant on.

What are you favorite movie genre(s)?
I love all genres, it usually depends on my frame of mood. I love horrors, thrillers and sci-fi the most. I am quite fond of good romantic comedies (I'm sappy like that haha).

What are some of your favorite moment in movies?
I absolutely fell in love with the movie Perks of Being a Wallflower. Every aspect of that movie tugged at my heartstrings and was engaging. I guess it was because of the main character in it, the way in which he is portrayed. His personality traits and difficulties in social situations, social interaction etc. is identical to myself.

Spoiler:

Perks of Being A Wallflower - Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5rh7O4IDc0&feature=kp

That Awkward Moment - Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRcVgJjnFLo

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Thanks for the welcome!
Has anyone here seen The Fault in Our Stars yet? Gah, I want to so badly! I loved the book.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Thanks for the welcome!
Has anyone here seen The Fault in Our Stars yet? Gah, I want to so badly! I loved the book.

I saw it today. One word: perfect. At this moment I can't express the perfection of this movie. It was exactly as how I read it from the book. I've been craving for an amazing romantic movie, and TFIOS fulfilled it for me and for fans all over. This movie should win Movie of the Year, because as much as I was in tears at the end, I wanted to join in on the standing ovation in the theater. Because like I said, it was just PERFECT.

infranto

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
Sorry for the spoiler, I should of put it in a spoiler thingy :3c

If you haven't seen the movie, then I can't imagine how you interpreted the scene in your head hahaha

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to the club, Yizzay; glad to see you join. :3 Also, nice name change! Ah, horror; I simply cannot tolerate them. I mean, I do watch them every once in a while, but regardless of how scary the movies are, they always leave me... frightened. Seriously wish I weren't like this.

infranto

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
Awhh haha. I work on films as a runner, so I get to see all of the CGi and behind the scenes stuff, like props, staging etc. I guess that helps when watching horrors or similar movies as I know it's all fake and it prevents me from getting too engrossed. It can be annoying though, as I can sometimes be over analytical of a film when watching it, thinking about the set and all the props that are being used :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Sorry for the spoiler, I should of put it in a spoiler thingy :3c

If you haven't seen the movie, then I can't imagine how you interpreted the scene in your head hahaha

It also makes me a bit curious to the point that I am gonna go see the movie. But alas there's others that I still want to see.

OMG How To Train Your Dragon 2 comes out this friday, part of the "AWESOME MOVIES" season. Have you ever find yourself in a situation when there's sooo many good movies in theatres and you have to decide which one is worth watching? I already saw TFIOS and now I'm trying to see if I can sneak in a night to see Edge of Tomorrow sometime this week. xD

Dang summer movies, and I still haven't seen the new X-Men yet. lmao.

Back