• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lillie discussion

Years
  • Lillie would generally have to become Champion, though, meaning probably a few appearances. They start off as the Professor's assistant, and also dislike Pokémon battles, which is a rare role for a Champion to take on, presumably.

Years
  • As Illumine said, if we want Lillie to be the Champion she would need to make minimal appearances before her battle with the protagonist and if it's suggesting she'll make frequent appearances I feel like it would ruin the surprise that should be expected of Champion.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Game Freak has mentioned last year that the next Pokémon games, which is obviously Sun & Moon, are going to be about flowers. Lillie is a flower name, and the website says she's going to be important to the plot. Then that means the story may be centered around her and her connections with Solgaleo and Lunala.

They sure are the youngest character's we have since Dawn and Lucas (not counting Ethan, Lyra, Brendan, and May). If they aren't young for their age then it's likely a return to the roots going on here for the 20th anniversary of Red and Green (and the 10th of Diamond and Pearl which aforementioned player characters).

I feel it might go that route, but then again we had Tate and Lisa who seem intelligent and yet are younger than twelve (Hoenn MC's age). You could also count Lucas/Dawn the assistant too. Hmm, a young assistant, we sure haven't seen one this young since Sinnoh. I feel a lot of sinnoh vibes going around. Funny enough Kalos as a region reminded me of Sinnoh, and Alola reminds me of Hoenn.

And people from other websites like /vp/ complaining about the new main characters looking young again, as well as not bringing much eye candy like their predecessors.

Years
  • Game Freak has mentioned last year that the next Pokémon games, which is obviously Sun & Moon, are going to be about flowers. Lillie is a flower name, and the website says she's going to be important to the plot. Then that means the story may be centered around her and her connections with Solgaleo and Lunala.

I think that if the Champion and evil team theories are not fitting enough for her, a connection to the legendaries would seem like the next best theory.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I think that if the Champion and evil team theories are not fitting enough for her, a connection to the legendaries would seem like the next best theory.

Both of those theories baffle me, because Lillie has clearly stated she doesn't enjoy battles, so even if she started getting interested in them, there's no logical reason for her to become Champion that quickly. And the Evil Team theory sounds like a rehash of Team Plasma's goal.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Evil looking face? I am not sure if your are being honest or not, but how in the heck is her face at all evil? It is more of a upset pouting face. I just don't understand why people continue to say she is Champion or Leader of the Evil Team. But then again, people are dumb enough the ship Steven and May to so.... yeah.

Years
  • Evil looking face? I am not sure if your are being honest or not, but how in the heck is her face at all evil? It is more of a upset pouting face. I just don't understand why people continue to say she is Champion or Leader of the Evil Team. But then again, people are dumb enough the ship Steven and May to so.... yeah.

People just seem to like speculating one's personality based on their face, and a lot of the villains in Pokemon tend to have angry expressions in their official art so that's what's fueling the villain theory.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I swear she's from Kalos. The clothing she wears feels reminiscent to the Kalos clothing, very French and uh, chic, I guess? And I still think she's gonna be very important to the Legendaries and maybe some sort of conduit for them. I don't think she's the Champion though, unless she's related to whoever the Champion is.

Years
  • Lillie discussion

Text sounds like Rowlet's cry... Lillie confirmed to be second rival who uses the stronger starter?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Hikamaru said:
    Text sounds like Rowlet's cry... Lillie confirmed to be second rival who uses the stronger starter?

I think it was confirmed in the stream that Lillie doesn't take the remaining starter Pokemon. Instead of being a Rival she will join you on your adventure whatever that means..

Years
  • I think it was confirmed in the stream that Lillie doesn't take the remaining starter Pokemon. Instead of being a Rival she will join you on your adventure whatever that means..

Maybe it's another Pokemon she'll have in the bag?

Anyways, if Hau is the only rival this will be the first new game since B2/W2 where we only had one rival. And with Lillie not taking the third Alola starter this will be the first time the third starter is left at the lab for the rest of the game since Hoenn, because with Sinnoh and Unova we had the protagonist and rival/secondary character take the other starters

blue

gucci
    Years
  • A Pokemon character who follows you around on your adventure? Sure reminds me of someone...

Ah, how I miss Colosseum. I guess she could act as your assistant who shows up along the way similar to a rival but without the battling. I'm also betting that she will play a major role in the storyline in relation to the legendaries and Synchro evolution?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't think she will actually follow you. It would be awesome to have a 2nd human following you similar to Colosseum. I think what they meant is that she will be traveling around with you and Hau and will bump into her a number of times.

I still think she will battle later on in the games even though they said she wasn't a trainer. She obviously has a pokemon in her bag. It might be the dog.

Years
  • I heard speculation that she might have a Zygarde core in her bag like how Bonnie keeps one in her bag in the anime, but the text did suggest a bark-sounding cry which could suggest Iwanko. Given she doesn't battle and isn't a registered trainer, she probably just keeps it as a pet or something.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have the feeling that Lillie will be related to the evil team somehow. She may be working for Kukui as a spy, or possibly be the boss undercover (it's about time we had a female evil boss).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I heard speculation that she might have a Zygarde core in her bag like how Bonnie keeps one in her bag in the anime, but the text did suggest a bark-sounding cry which could suggest Iwanko. Given she doesn't battle and isn't a registered trainer, she probably just keeps it as a pet or something.

That is possible. Her face remind me a lot of Bonnie.

I have the feeling that Lillie will be related to the evil team somehow. She may be working for Kukui as a spy, or possibly be the boss undercover (it's about time we had a female evil boss).

She isn't going to be the evil boss. I really HIGHLY DOUBT she will be the boss. She is the same age as the player character and I don't think have a child being an evil team leader will go over very well with parents of younger kids.

Back