• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Locations of Pokémon and Routes Discussion

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
  • As the locations are revealed now,we can discuss about the locations given to new pokemon.
    What's weird for me is that Yaguruma forest,located near the second gym,is a home of many full-staged pokemon such as Kenhorou,Erefuun or Doredia.
    We also know that Pokemon evolving by Stones can be found in the wild,such as Chirachiino,Doredia or Musharna.
    What do you think of locations given to new Pokemon?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    :( This sort of confuses me, but we technically don't have a routes discussion, so this could turn into that direction if needed. /goes to edit title to add that in

Anyway, not having played the games, I don't know much about the locations, but I find it somewhat strange that Yorterrie, a Pokemon that has three stages is found early on - and more common than Minezumi.

As for routes in general, I haven't seen much, but I dislike the desert route, lol :( Just doesn't look appealing.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • As far as I'm concerned, the White Forest is the best location of all time, I just love it so. I cannot wait for the English games to come out as I will be delighted when I arrive upon it. In every gen, the forest location is always my favourite; of course the White Forest is exclusive to White, so technically it's not BW's Forest (that's the Yaguruma Forest, I think), but still, I think it looks awesome, and you can find Ranculus in it, ufufufu. :3 I won't say anything about Dark City, because I already know I'll hate it. Gothilselle is in there and I can't stand her. =_=

Also, the ruins where you find the level 70 Urgamoth look ubercool, albeit I dunno much about them.... Hmmm, I'll probably post again once my copy of Black gets in this week or the next...

Years
  • Since this is about locations, a map that shows the names.
    Locations of Pokémon and Routes Discussion

Credits to a gamefaqs' user.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I ain't too far into the game, alls I know (without checking) is that you find Yorkterri & Mimezumi on Route 1 :P.

Already got a team of 3 Pokémon (just defeted 2nd Gym)
    Team currently is
    Choroneko Lv. 20 (Accidently pressed B :cheeky:)
    Hatoopoo Lv. 21
    Chaobuu Lv. 21

Next Pokémon to get is Bachuru in Eletric Cave

and I love the way certain patches of grass shake and there's a (kind-of) rare Pokémon there, it's great! :).

(Slightly off-topic)

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • The Region appears to be divided into 4 specific areas.
    the starting area 1-4
    Huin city and the desert
    the mountains to the right and left.

Anyone know where the following are found yet?
    -Gear
    -Denchura
    -The hermit carb Bug/Rock thing
    -the spiky grass/steel ball.
    -Maggyo
    -The Vulture thing.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The Region appears to be divided into 4 specific areas.
    the starting area 1-4
    Huin city and the desert
    the mountains to the right and left.

Anyone know where the following are found yet?
    -Gear
    -Denchura
    -The hermit carb Bug/Rock thing
    -the spiky grass/steel ball.
    -Maggyo
    -The Vulture thing.

You can find Bachuru (Pre-evolution of Denchura) in Electric Cave (Evolves at Level 36)

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
  • I haven't played it yet, but I've beedn wondering how early on Yuniran/Daburan/Rankurusu are in White version. Can someone please tell me?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • :( This sort of confuses me, but we technically don't have a routes discussion, so this could turn into that direction if needed. /goes to edit title to add that in

Anyway, not having played the games, I don't know much about the locations, but I find it somewhat strange that Yorterrie, a Pokemon that has three stages is found early on - and more common than Minezumi.

As for routes in general, I haven't seen much, but I dislike the desert route, lol :( Just doesn't look appealing.
    That makes Yorterrie similar to Poochyena though I think that Zigzagoon appeared more often than Poochyena but smilar, though Poocyena isn't a three stage pokemon. Also some three stages have appeared early on like Shinx

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
  • Also does anyone know where you get Vanipucchi? I want to know where to get my favorites befre the game comes out

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I dislike the look of the desert route too. I have always hated the desert routes.

I do like the look of the routes that cross over the two rivers though. That looks interesting :)

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
  • I'm the opposite, I was very impressed by the desert. In fact, that's the part of the game I'm looking forward to the most.

King Gumball

Years
  • I'm the opposite, I was very impressed by the desert. In fact, that's the part of the game I'm looking forward to the most.

Really? I just dont find them fun or appealing to be in. Maybe because I do not like ground types. I guess this desert just reminds me of the horrid Hoenn one. But I do want to go to this particular desert so I can catch that little crocodile for my party.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Someone showed me this: https://i56.tinypic.com/4pxnv4.jpg

It's pretty handy. There are a few mistakes on it and it's not complete, but it's decent for what it is. It's supposed to show the first locations of the earliest evolutionary forms.

From what I can see... The vulture that he doesn't know the location of is found in the same place as Wargle's pre-evolution as they're version exclusives (I assume).

King Gumball

Years
  • Someone showed me this: https://i56.tinypic.com/4pxnv4.jpg

It's pretty handy. There are a few mistakes on it and it's not complete, but it's decent for what it is. It's supposed to show the first locations of the earliest evolutionary forms.

From what I can see... The vulture that he doesn't know the location of is found in the same place as Wargle's pre-evolution as they're version exclusives (I assume).

Wow that is really cool, and a good incite to when the pokemon I want will be available. I just wish it showed where the fossils are found and can be resurrected.

Back