• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lonliness

Years
    Well i want to ask this so here it goes
    Do you feel lonely??

Is hard for you??

I'm a very lonely person and that makes me feel really bad because i can't find friends or people to talk about something and have a good time

For me is very hard because in my high school i need to lie to everybody to look "normal" and don't get bullyed

I think that's a good resume about my life

High school is not really place where strong friendships are made, and tmost of those wou would disagree, would realize it's true after the high school, so dont worry about not being able to make friends.

If you're lonely, meet people on this forum and such places, we're all weird here and most of people won't judge for anything. Just send someone a message and start a convo, you will eventually find many people who you will find your self to be comfortable with :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    High school is not really place where strong friendships are made, and tmost of those wou would disagree, would realize it's true after the high school, so dont worry about not being able to make friends.

If you're lonely, meet people on this forum and such places, we're all weird here and most of people won't judge for anything. Just send someone a message and start a convo, you will eventually find many people who you will find your self to be comfortable with :)

Eh, I think it depends on the person and their trajectory in life. I always knew that I wasn't sticking around where I went to high school so I only know a few people that I still talk to, but I have plenty of acquaintances that still hang out with high school friends and call them the closest friends they'll ever have because they stayed in the same area. It just depends on the person.

Anyway, I just moved somewhere all alone and my boyfriend won't even be here for another few weeks so I do get lonely. I go out and play D&D once a week and I'm trying to digest that adult life means you don't hang out with people 4-5 days a week but it's a bit of an adjustment.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Not really. I have the friends I need, and I'm not too worried about feeling lonely. I do get lonely if no one is on to talk to. I'm more of a loner. Since realizing this, I have accepted that not many people are willing to be friends with someone who's extremely socially-awkward and talks constantly about how sexy Loki is.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I don't feel lonely at the moment, nor have I for quite some time, really, aside from a few flashes of intense boredom. I think that it's good for someone who's usually not lonely to experience loneliness Makes you appreciate what you have and not take it for granted.

Years
    I'm an introvert so I tend to do things on my own anyway, I prefer it that way. Sometimes I see bunches of people and feel lonely because I'm a bit jealous but then I realise I'm better on my own.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I'm not really lonely. I grew up with two close friends till this date, and whilst we live significantly far away from one another, we still find time to meet every couple of months. I have a few close family members close to where I live, too. Do I mind loneliness? No. I sometimes prefer being alone.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
    Admittedly, I do feel lonely quite a bit. I've moved a lot and haven't maintained relationships with the friends I've had in different cities and states. I can't relate with many people where I am now. I know part of it is my fault; I don't put myself out there much. At some point, I guess I convinced myself I'm better off alone. The depression plays a role in that.

Sirfetch’d

Sometimes? It's a bit hard for me to say yes or no to this actually. There are times where I feel like I am lonely, but in reality I am just bored with myself and wanting to do things with my friends but they may be unable to. Overall though I'm really not lonely at all. I have a ton of friends(especially here) that I can always count on to talk to, be there for me if I ever get the feeling of loneliness.

Years
    I don't even really know. I don't get the chance to talk to many people in real life, and when i'm at college there aren't a lot of people I really feel I can talk to without looking weird. I don't go out of my way for help.

Years
    I'm a people person, love being around others, and without friends and family around me I feel empty inside. Loneliness is one of my worst fears in life, and I hope I never have to experience for too long. Right now, I don't feel lonely, as I have a loving family that looks after me and tons of friends that I can contact at any time. There was a time when I felt quite lost, but I've more or less found my place.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I prefer solitude, but I can't stand loneliness.

I don't really have a lot of people to hang out with around here, as most of my friends are off at college, so I mostly stay home and hang out here! I feel lonely sometimes, but then a friend usually pops up and we hang out for a while, and I feel better. I haven't felt so lonely lately since my work as a barista has me being around people all day, and it's kind of fun to see regulars pop up and have idle chit chat while you're making their drink.

Years
    Eh, I think it depends on the person and their trajectory in life. I always knew that I wasn't sticking around where I went to high school so I only know a few people that I still talk to, but I have plenty of acquaintances that still hang out with high school friends and call them the closest friends they'll ever have because they stayed in the same area. It just depends on the person.

Anyway, I just moved somewhere all alone and my boyfriend won't even be here for another few weeks so I do get lonely. I go out and play D&D once a week and I'm trying to digest that adult life means you don't hang out with people 4-5 days a week but it's a bit of an adjustment.

Ugh, adult life. I am pretty sure it's going to take me some time to adjust to that.

True, it does depend on the person. But sometimes it doesn't. I know this for a fact cos I hung out with all "types" of people. Some people who were best friends barely even talk today, some of them even close relatively close to each other.
    It's simply because a high school is NOT a place where people with similar interests are. Some are, most are not. While people still hang out because they are social and they have something to talk about (school, hangouts, small talks etc.) they cant talk about that when the high school ends, so their relationships get rusty.

Although it's sorta sad for me cos it's not much different at college. I spend only an hour or two approx. with my college friends, which is not enough for me to make strong bonds lol. Kinda ironic.

Nevertheless, I am often alone in a way, but I am almost never lonely. It will improve later on, but for now, I like the way it is.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I'm very lonely. I like having people around me but then I don't really like talking to those people. I feel self conscious whenever I get into a big group because I always mess everything up that I try to do. I usually just make a comment or action and then run away. In High School I made a name for myself because I was so awkward and weird, but everyone liked me for that for some reason. So don't worry about being weird, just take it to the max and people will like you. And also work out a lot so you become big strong russian man that nobody will want to mess with even if you are a weirdo and they don't like you.

I'm lonely a lot because I live basically in the ghetto and all anyone wants to do is have sex, drink, or do drugs. And if you try to talk to anyone about hanging out you get rejected because they think you want to ♥♥♥♥ or get messed up and they only do those things with attractive people so they have an excuse to have sex with them.

Years
    I'd just like to say that's not true, this place is no better than any other. Not everyone here will like you and they will certainly judge you. The superficial initiation of liking Pokémon does not run very far. But maybe you can find someone you like.

I'm lonely because that's who I am and what I've always been. Despite attempting I've yet to find someone I'm compatible with.

Also I think the e in your title is lonely.

People at college generally have more similar interests than those in hogh school, I still think I'm right kinda :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I used to be lonely when I closed everyone off from me. I really don't like letting people get very close to me, but by not opening up it creates self made loneliness. I think I've been able to open up enough or just feel comfortable enough around my friends that I don't get that lonely feeling anymore. I find it harder to open up with people who are romantically interested in me so I feel lonely in that aspect sometimes.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Being alone and being lonely are two completely different things. Everyone likes to take some time to themselves, but nobody likes to be lonely. The feeling of complete isolation is just too much to deal with. I get lonely every now and then, and I become pretty depressed and desperate for some interaction with people who aren't within my own family. If I can't get that, then it just causes me to become more and more depressed the longer I have to deal with it.

Years
    Being alone and being lonely are two completely different things. Everyone likes to take some time to themselves, but nobody likes to be lonely. The feeling of complete isolation is just too much to deal with. I get lonely every now and then, and I become pretty depressed and desperate for some interaction with people who aren't within my own family. If I can't get that, then it just causes me to become more and more depressed the longer I have to deal with it.

I just want to add that not just that they are very different, it's also very different for every individual when is it that being alone turns into being lonely.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    sometimes I guess I Yearn For Something More Than Friendship but really these moments pass, and while it'd still be nice, I'm more than content with the amount of friends I have and if I were to get intimate with someone then that'd be great, but it's not ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for me right now. courting girls is fun for me though to be quite honest. (0:

Years
    • Age 35
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    I used to get lonely A lot when I was younger. Had some bad experiences with people or so called friends. Never could seem to find the right ones who would be there for me like I was for them. Got hurt a lot I guess. But time went on I don't let that bother me so much. Sometimes being alone is not so bad. For now in my life sometimes I would say I get lonely.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I just want to add that not just that they are very different, it's also very different for every individual when is it that being alone turns into being lonely.
    Thank you for clarifying. Had no idea.

Back