• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
  • Quite frankly, I don't think I even know what love is yet...
    what is love? baby don't hurt me...no more. lol

well I never truly loved someone. but my friends say they love me, and I say I love them, and I love my brothers and partents so there are more than one type of love.

Like a bro mance XD

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • 'Common men'?
    How stuck up do you want to be?

Luck speaks the truth.

"Love" causes steadily decreasing [but always elevated] levels of serotonin and oxytocin to be released into the cerebrospinal fluid. When the source of the "love" disappears, the no-longer-necessary neurotransmitters are released into the bloodstream where they wreak havoc on the body, specifically by causing inflammation to whatever tissues they touch.

Talking about problems doesn't help, action does.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • While I myself have never fallen in love, so to speak, I have been in relationships before. First one, I did get my heart broken. Second one, I didn't care because it wasn't my fault that we broke up.

Teenage "love" never lasts.

Oh, and to those who say "You're 14, you haven't had your heart broken for real yet.", try breaking up with someone you really care about on Christmas Day.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • I was in love one time but she ended up breaking my heart after a year and a half.

So, yeah. I've been in love but only say it if you actually mean it or else it can cause problems.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Pffft.
    People dont need threads in the DC to help get over with their rejections.
    Look at me I got rejected and I turned out fine~
    Now If you excuse me I'll go in a corner a cut myself.

Last edited:

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • I am in love.

It's rather nice.

He's a jerk, and a dream come true. Totally abrasive and yet warmhearted, he's everything I want in a boy, thank you very much.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • No.

Love is for the common men that don't understand chemical reactions.

Luck speaks the truth.

"Love" causes steadily decreasing [but always elevated] levels of serotonin and oxytocin to be released into the cerebrospinal fluid. When the source of the "love" disappears, the no-longer-necessary neurotransmitters are released into the bloodstream where they wreak havoc on the body, specifically by causing inflammation to whatever tissues they touch.

Talking about problems doesn't help, action does.

Oh good lord, people. Love (or infatuation, as would be a more correct term for what you are describing) is psychological. The only reason any of those chemical reactions occur is because your brain tells them to when you perceive that you are "in love." So yes, talking about being in love or breaking up does help, because it can change your mindset and affect what chemicals are released.

And lol at the common man comment. Just wait until you gain some more life experience. We'll see how "immune" you are.

As for myself, I have dedicated a large portion of my life and personal philosophies to understanding "agape" or "unconditional love." Far more valuable than infatuation, imho.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Oh good lord, people. Love (or infatuation, as would be a more correct term for what you are describing) is psychological. The only reason any of those chemical reactions occur is because your brain tells them to when you perceive that you are "in love." So yes, talking about being in love or breaking up does help, because it can change your mindset and affect what chemicals are released.

Psychological effects are due to chemical triggers, not the other way around. Pheromones trigger serotonin/oxytocin release, and then you "fall in love".

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Love, the interpersonal attraction kind, is detrimental to a person like me. I do love my family, country, religion and self(not committing suicide or condemning myself), but I cannot bring myself to look for love in other people.

I do not like Love as it makes you do stupid things. I'm an INTP type as denoted by the Myers-Briggs typology test and such love would make me lose my current logical, rational demeanor to be replaced by the sense of undying devotion towards said person. After the initial thrill of falling in love dies down, I'll begin to think more rationally and realise that I've made a mistake(if I make a mistake).

As of now, I'm afraid of falling in love. I know I shouldn't let that personality test dictate my life, but I've seen evidence of the occurrence and I really do not want it to be repeated. Heck, I don't even want to get married. Personal preference.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • OK , both love and heartbreak . In 6th GGrade it was this girl , I think it was so strong I actually fell in love with her . Then , actually no one knew , except for me and my bro' . Then I told it to more of my friends' (you know , I am really SHY) until the ppl knowing number got bigger and bigger and then... it exploded into my face . I had to tell it so one day b4 I lest school I wrote this big on the class's blackbooard : 'I LOVE YOU ___* !! ' . Next day she comes at school tells me she saw the message and calls me to the park after school . So yeah , school goes out and classes finish and we go to the lake's park to discuss . And she tells me she never felt anything about me ... I wanted to drop in the lake , that is how sad I felt . I tried hanging on , but then everything got torn apart , we didn't talk anymore and my stomach still hurts when I think about her . *-> Hiding her name . END OF STORY .

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Yes, I've fallen in love before. A heartbreak feels like ... dying, a sort of pain erasing me from existence. The serious emotional loss is akin to an injury--it gives you a handicap just like a physical injury does, but is in the heart instead, and needs to be healed.

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Psychological effects are due to chemical triggers, not the other way around. Pheromones trigger serotonin/oxytocin release, and then you "fall in love".

So how do you become infatuated with someone when pheromones can't possibly be transmitted, such as meeting them online or seeing them on television?

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
    Years
  • I have not experienced love, though I'm only in my early years, so I can wait. But one of my biggest fears in life is the thought that I may have to go through life alone. Though like I said, it may be a little too early in life to be thinking like that. :P
    No.

Love is for the common men that don't understand chemical reactions.

You win the internet. :3

OK , both love and heartbreak . In 6th GGrade it was this girl , I think it was so strong I actually fell in love with her . Then , actually no one knew , except for me and my bro' . Then I told it to more of my friends' (you know , I am really SHY) until the ppl knowing number got bigger and bigger and then... it exploded into my face . I had to tell it so one day b4 I lest school I wrote this big on the class's blackbooard : 'I LOVE YOU ___* !! ' . Next day she comes at school tells me she saw the message and calls me to the park after school . So yeah , school goes out and classes finish and we go to the lake's park to discuss . And she tells me she never felt anything about me ... I wanted to drop in the lake , that is how sad I felt . I tried hanging on , but then everything got torn apart , we didn't talk anymore and my stomach still hurts when I think about her . *-> Hiding her name . END OF STORY .

THIS is why I don't have a girlfriend. Everyone's always asking me why, and it's because a similar thing happened to me. She didn't do that when I told her though... when I told her, I did so very shyly so it took a while. Afterwards, she looked at me as if to say "is that it?" and then she chuckled and walked off. :(

I am in love.

It's rather nice.

He's a jerk, and a dream come true. Totally abrasive and yet warmhearted, he's everything I want in a boy, thank you very much.

.... whew, didn't see that coming. Not that their's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
    Years
  • Oh, and to those who say "You're 14, you haven't had your heart broken for real yet.", try breaking up with someone you really care about on Christmas Day.

Amen. Saying that sort of thing is a stereotype against young teens like you and myself... I'm not saying everyone our age will experience love, but it should be acknowledged that we can.

Years
  • That's a sexual relation, Ethan. XD; Of course there's chemistry involved in a sexual attraction.
    Well, there's usually got to be attraction in the first place; from which love may stem.

I'm impressed that you used my name, though. I never use names for fear of getting them wrong. =/

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Well, there's usually got to be attraction in the first place; from which love may stem.

I'm impressed that you used my name, though. I never use names for fear of getting them wrong. =/
    Ever heard of a one night stand? XD;

And I've known your name for ages.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back