• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love for Twilight? :o

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
  • Gah~! I've looked here and there and I haven't seen any Twilight related topics yet ><

What's wrong with you people?! -shakes- The topic is simple, do any of you atleast know of the Twilight Novel Series written by Stephenie Meyer? :D Or if you love it, talk to me about it here!

I, for one, am a I huge fan, contrary to being a guy = =;;; I plan on going to see the Midnight Premiere this Thursday at exactly 12:01 am <3

Discuss away!

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I think its majorly overated.

People, it's just a love story with a hot guy as its sponsor.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    There was a topic on Twilight a while ago that I remember posting in. There wasn't much discussion in it though. I do remember some thread about it, since I talked about vampire novels in it.

I've read the first book of the series, and enjoyed it. While it wasn't the best book I've ever read, it wasn't so horrible that I wanted to burn the thing when I was done reading it. I would love to read the rest of the series, but I have so many other books to read first.

My favorite thing about the book was that it was easy to get through. There wasn't an overly deep plot, there weren't long philosophical paragraphs that remained with me after I finished the book. It was just a story of a teenage girl in love with someone who was forbidden.

So Twilight is all right to me. It's not completely great, but I did enjoy reading it, and that's what mattered.

As for the movie, I'm probably not going to see it, since I don't watch a lot of movies, but I will hear all about it. I got two of my co-workers hooked on the series by spreading the book around. ^^

Luna Altaire

Trainer of Moonlight
    Years
  • I thought that the first book was awesome. :]

The end was the most exciting part, though. I found myself skipping chapters just because Edward wasn't in it :P

But really, all the fascinating and exciting parts were really when Edward was around...my favorite line was in the beginning when Bella is explaining her shyness towards Edward and says, "I made the Cowardly Lion look like the Terminator." I ROFLMAO'd when I read that. XD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • My favorite thing about the book was that it was easy to get through. There wasn't an overly deep plot, there weren't long philosophical paragraphs that remained with me after I finished the book. It was just a story of a teenage girl in love with someone who was forbidden.

I actually found the book a bit hard to get through, but for the same reason you said it was easy. I wasn't really sure what the actual plot was until I was deep into the book, so the beginning was horribly boring and tedious to get through. I admit, the book gets better in the middle and even a little toward the end, but I feel it still doesn't live up to the praises many people give it. Other than the plot, I felt a few of the characters were unrealistic, especially Bella (there's a fine line between love and obsession). I haven't read the other books in the series but I have read many reviews for them. For the most part, readers and reviews alike say the series is still "good" for New Moon and Eclipse, but that Breaking Dawn was a very bad ending to the series.

As for the movie, I may watch it online. The trailers (which were what got me interested in the book in the first place) look pretty interesting.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    After reading this I have to say that my desire to read this book went from zero to the negatives. Yeah it makes sense k.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've read half of the first book and I don't get the appeal at all. :| I'm gonna force myself to finish it so I can see the movie though. I just... I dunno. I find the book really boring. I'm literally halfway through and there isn't a plot. :( When does it pick up? Does it pick up? I'm half-inclined to believe all the posts/reviews like Amachi linked to since they're all unanimous in the fact that the book basically revolves around how pretty Edward is but... there has to be more to it, right?

I also kind of want to skip the middle two (?) books and read the last one because I hear even a lot of diehard fans thought it was awful, haha.

I have nothing against the books really, though. I have friends, though, who hate them with such a passion it's scary. Especially since one of the reasons is "it portrays vampires the wrong way". 8| I wasn't aware there was a proper way to portray fictional creatures but apparently there is.

After reading this I have to say that my desire to read this book went from zero to the negatives. Yeah it makes sense k.
    Oh man, when I get home from work I have a similar link to share, but that was still an entertaining read.

Crissy

Contest Guru <3
    Years
  • Personally, I hope the movie is really bad and everyone gets dissapointed (: I'm sick of hearing twilight and how hot Edward Cullen is. Before they even showed the trailer for the movie people said that Edward is hot, how does that make sense? So you read him from a book and he sounds hot (lmao)? I just don't get it, I have tried ready the book and it didn't appeal to me at all.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I've read half of the first book and I don't get the appeal at all. :| I'm gonna force myself to finish it so I can see the movie though. I just... I dunno. I find the book really boring. I'm literally halfway through and there isn't a plot. :( When does it pick up? Does it pick up? I'm half-inclined to believe all the posts/reviews like Amachi linked to since they're all unanimous in the fact that the book basically revolves around how pretty Edward is but... there has to be more to it, right?
    The first mention of another plot in Twilight that is not Bella and Edward's relationship is page 328. There are 328 pages of Bella wondering if Edward is her true stalker love before something else happens.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Personally, I hope the movie is really bad and everyone gets dissapointed (: I'm sick of hearing twilight and how hot Edward Cullen is. Before they even showed the trailer for the movie people said that Edward is hot, how does that make sense? So you read him from a book and he sounds hot (lmao)? I just don't get it, I have tried ready the book and it didn't appeal to me at all.

Idk why we love Edward. Prob. Cause the guy that plays him in the movie is hot

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Haven't read the book. And frankly? I'm not to interested either. The whole thing is so freaking overrated- Girls in my school have their heads buried in the book. Everyone asks about it and talks about it online and off. There are little things about it on every corner of teh interwebz! Even RIGHT NOW I'm typing this with a "Take our TWILIGHT Quiz" crap ad looming over my head. It's patheticly horrible.

And somehow, I'll find myself watching the movie this weekend for friends. Ah well, at least I get to see a hot guy and the girl who played in Speak four years ago.

Crissy

Contest Guru <3
    Years
  • The guy in the movie is kinda hot.. if he washed his hair. I think I'm the only girl in my school not obsessing over him.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Everyone at my school is reading it, from Football Players to the common Emo. At lunch, there is barely a conversation that doesn't involve something Twilight related, or something pertaining to who thinks is the hottest or coolest ( this goes for the guys as well...ugh ).

It sickens me really, it feels like everyone finally has something to glomp over like they did with Hairy Potheader...

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
  • Oh, I love Twilight! :)

And before anyone says it, I'm NOT following the bandwagon. In fact, I helped to set it. I was among the first people in the world to read the book - waay before anyone knew who Stephenie Meyer or Edward Cullen was.

Stephenie Meyer lives in the area, and she's the sister-in-law of one of the teachers at my school. Weeks after publishing Twilight, Stephenie visited our school (she no longer visits schools, she's too high profile now) - and we were her first audience apart from anyone who may have picked the book off the shelves without priot knowledge as to what it was (which is a seldom few). And our school was really the first place she stopped and promoted the book, and within that year, through word of mouth, Arizona had been 'bitten.' And this is what's interesting about the whole thing. See, I get a 'front seat' of sorts, watching the entire thing unfold. By the time she had New Moon out, she was well known in the area and was just barely getting her name out on a national level. When Eclipse came, she was a bestselling author - but still not at the point she is now. But now. Every other girl knows who Edward Cullen is. It's just amazing at how quickly this series became popular. I'm quite proud to say that I was among the first. Very few can say that they took interest in the series before all the attention - before opening the pages with the mindset that it was already a good book.

But noow, I work for a Twilight fansite and two of the staffer attended the premier last night, interviewing cast on the red carpet and from what I understand, it's a good adaption of the book. I guess I'll have to see for myself in the end.

Anyway, I'm a fan of the books through and through. First book was definitely the strongest. Second was the weakest, imo. Third was a good bridge/development for the characters. Fourth was alright
    Spoiler:

:)

Oh! And in defense of Twilight!
    - For those of you who haven't read the books and have already labeled it as nothing but a 'romance novel' with 'another hot guy' (Not quoting from anyone in particular), you may wanna guess again.

If you enjoy making literary connections, then Twilight is a rather great piece to analyze. The first novel connects greatly to the Book of Genesis (partaking of the forbidden fruit/Edward). That one is an obvious connection. New Moon connects to Romeo and Juliet and Breaking Dawn is a loosely based allusion to Midsummer Night's Dream.

-- SOme people may not be into that sort of stuff though, in which case, it would be just another one of those 'vampire romance novels.' :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Dude, you are aware that descriptions are possible, right? :| If the book describes him as attractive, obviously he's "hot" or what have you. He's SUPPOSED to be. It's what half the book is about. I don't know why it wouldn't make sense. o_O If the author has a good enough description, anyone can imagine how a character looks without needing to watch a movie adaptation.

Though I was reading the paper over the weekend and they mentioned an interview with... whatever the hell actor plays Edward. He was saying when the news first came out that he was going to be playing Edward, he got all kinds of hate mail. xD It wasn't until the first trailer came out (and he got Meyer's personal approval) that most fans came around and decided to fangirl him instead.

The first mention of another plot in Twilight that is not Bella and Edward's relationship is page 328. There are 328 pages of Bella wondering if Edward is her true stalker love before something else happens.
    .............um. Wow. 8| That sucks because I honestly find their relationship (if you can call it that?) really, really creepy right now and I hear the stalker/possessive thing never goes away.

dawnxmasquerade

a nocturnal concerto
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2008
    To be honest, I had no clue what Twilight was until about two weeks ago. Sad, right? I basically found out about it through Facebook's Flair application, since 99% of the new flair is Twilight related. I kept asking myself who this Edward Cullen was, and I finally got around to checking it out. I haven't read any of the books, and I don't think I will. While the story premise sounds interesting (vampires!), I've pretty much heard you either love the book or you hate it. I doubt I would love it, since I am used to reading adult novels. I want something thick with plot and details, and it sounds like Twilight is a nice, easy read. That's not bad, it's just not what I'm looking for.

I will, however see the movie. Edward Cullen isn't that bad-looking, :P Besides, who could resist some good vampire action scenes?

Back