• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Low Key {VI}}

Loki

x
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Loki's GFX Gallery

Any gallery that is dial-up friendly must be shot! >:D
    Translation: If you're using dial-up, prepare for some serious lag if you open the spoilers

Version IV

Well hey there everyone! My last gallery kind of got shot under two months of inactivity, so here I am, making a new gallery that is destined to die! Yes, I can feel the excitement already!
    Ahem. So anyway, many of you know me already, so I'll cut it short(er) with the small talk.

I've been doing graphics for about five years? Somewhere around there. I know, why do I still suck so much at GFX despite the amount of time I've been practicing? That escapes me as well.
    I'm not doing requests in this gallery! Hurray! Maybe sometime in the future I'll rip off euphoricFUTURE's idea of making a mini-shop, but for the time being, I have to focus on getting good grades.
    Don't take my graphics and post somewhere else without notifying me/giving me credit. (Yeah, I'm talking to YOU, the freak who decided to post half my OM gallery on a PUBLIC PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT. D:< GTFO my thread John-whatever-your-name-is.)

Moving on. I'll probably only be putting up some recent stuff on the first post, so if you want to see my older, cruddier stuff, in chronological order of… quality. xD;

Version I (Somehow, it got nuked.)
    Version II
    Botoukai II (There's nothing to see in the first Botoukai)
    Farfalla x Foane (A joint shop with Mika)
    Joint Shop with Rockets
    Collab Shop with euphoricFUTURE
    Version III

Tags

Spoiler:

Large Pieces

Spoiler:

Forum Headers

Spoiler:

And here is a very very long, very poor, compilation of my resources. I just went through my graphics folder and added all those, but chances are I added some that I've never even used, and I haven't added some that I have used before. It's just the way things go. :< I'm too unorganized.
    One of these days, I will get you an in-depth, accurate resource credit list. D:< I swear it upon my summer vacation!

Spoiler:

------------------------------------------------

I'm sure you all know by now, but I'm terrible at replying to comments. D: I'll try my very best, but I do get lazy, and I apologize in advance if I somehow totally skip over your comment in my determination to ignore my compelling need to respond to everything you mention. [/lame]

And if you would like a comment on your gallery, please do not assume that by posting here, I will be polite enough to return the favor; because I probably won't. xD Please do not hesitate to ask me up front to post in your gallery, as I will gladly do so if you ask. :>

Enjoy~!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    They all seem to have a low quality look to them. Not the focal but the backgrounds compared to them.

LP5.png
    cmetutorial2.png
    shou.png

Those are my favourites. Shou because of the type. xP

hainebadou2.png

The background doesn't suit the focal, and the lighting effect filter doesn't seem to help. Haha, my bad if that wasn't even used on it. Also the white circles ruin it too… same with the LACORDA-1.png header. If anything those circles should be behind the foocal as to make it not look flatter.

Like both CME's assignmet 1 lps but don't like the text on it, which is probably why it was removed from v2. I prefer the cyanic blues from the first version, same with the twirlled lens flares. V2 does give off a better sumer feel, though do prefer the effects on v1, but the beach scene from #2.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    They all seem to have a low quality look to them. Not the focal but the backgrounds compared to them.

LP5.png
    cmetutorial2.png
    shou.png

Those are my favourites. Shou because of the type. xP

hainebadou2.png

The background doesn't suit the focal, and the lighting effect filter doesn't seem to help. Haha, my bad if that wasn't even used on it. Also the white circles ruin it too… same with the LACORDA-1.png header. If anything those circles should be behind the foocal as to make it not look flatter.

Like both CME's assignmet 1 lps but don't like the text on it, which is probably why it was removed from v2. I prefer the cyanic blues from the first version, same with the twirlled lens flares. V2 does give off a better sumer feel, though do prefer the effects on v1, but the beach scene from #2.

Argh, I kinda agree some of 'em look LQ, but my style just doesn't crank out the smooth looking stuff that others have. :I I'll have to try an independent practice tag just to pull a HQ tag outta my butt.

Haine-Badou: Nah, I'm pretty sure I used the light effect filter, but enhanced it later on with brushing. Either way, I usually don't like that "LOL LIGHT EFFECTS FILTER" look, but I wanted it to look like a lamp was shining on the notebook, y'know? Don't think that worked though, because you're still talking depth when I was trying to make it like a pop-up book. :I The drop shadow is too spread, probably...

And the LACORDA banner is really old, so. xD; I don't particularly mind about that one. [/it still won the competition anyway. :B]

Anyway, glad the LP turned out pretty good. :D That one was my favorite, but I regretted the .png I used after I finished. D: Oh well....

gummyrequest.png

Requested by Gummy

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Woah I love all your pieces to be honest but my favourite is:
    colorful.png

Don't know why I love it, I just do! :)

Do you use a stock pack or do you just search them as you need them?

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    nia.png

Made for Aegis, c4d by Tiny

ichigocolorful-2.png

Made for WSAC, Battle, and my own theme. [/hurr I really like this tag. D:] Anyway, lots of shapes are by ffyunie.

allen.png

Made in like, ten minutes for some guy who... can't speak english very well. <_< I kinda like how it turned out though. This is the first time I've used a gradient map in a long time...

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Lokes, your Aegis banner gave me the inspiration to make my current theme. Of course, my result didn't come close to yours, but I'm happy with it. And about the banner BH posted; it's also one of my favorites. However, I'm not liking that latest one of yours... it's just not an eye catcher like the rest of your work.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    The one that you made for the guy who can't speak English well, was... Outstanding.

Great work from a great graphic artist. Good work. :)

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    @BHWolf Gang: Thanks! :D That one was kind of just me messing around, but glad you like it~

@Gummy: It was inspired from the one I made for Aegis? Really?? :OO I thought your banner had been derived from that one tutorial Aizuke made. Maybe it was just the circles that reminded me of it. xD; I'm happy you got inspiration from it though! :D I can see the relation between the cloud stocks in the background now that you mention it. xD

And yeah, the Allen one is actually a recycling of one of my older styles, but the lack of color is probably why it's not as eye-catching. It was supposed to be in B&W, but I didn't like it when it was totally black and white so I compensated. ;D

@-[JD]-: Why thank you! :D This goes to show that everyone has their own tastes, as Gummy doesn't like it but you do, sooo.... Well, I guess you can't please 'em all. :> Thanks for commenting! I appreciate it! :D

@.Swift: You liked the Wallflower one? :OOOOOO [/got chewed out over it on another forum] I'm so very glad you do! :DD [/edited that one at least a thousand times]

Haha, a lot of those ones you picked I got kicked around for, so it's a relief that at least somebody likes them as much as I did. :D The LP's are my favorites too. |D

@let's play: Well thank you! :D I'll try my best to crank out a few more~ (Can I call you let's play, rather than your super long username? D: [/doesn't like that trend.])

lucariopatchi2-1.png

A request from Patchirisou Yutohru- I liked it when I made it, so I was frustrated after having to change it so much, but I hate it now, so I suppose I'll keep fixing it. :B

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
  • Sure Loki. XD
    Hahaha, I regret changing it now. :(

Are you doing requests?

Your latest one doesn't do too much for me. The focus on the render is pretty good, but the rest is a bit bland.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • @BHWolf Gang: Thanks! :D That one was kind of just me messing around, but glad you like it~
    That's when a designer is at his/her best! It's when they goof off and have fun! :D

Graphic designs doesn't have to be all serious business, right? :-)

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • I simply cannot get enough of the banner made for Aegis <3
    I tried searching for a word to describe it, but instead I ended up with a gargantuan list of praising adjectives and the less than three heart.

Yea so, I love it :3

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    @let's play: Yeah, I think I'll go ahead and be taking a few requests this week, since it's spring break. xD And maybe it's bland cause there's really not color differentiation. D: It's just greenish-yellow and blue... [/hmmm]

@BHWolfgang: Haha, that's true. ;>

@.Sublime: ... :DDDD Well thank you! <33 That was sweet. xD

By the way, I forgot to mention that the smudging in the banner I made for Patchirisou Yutohru was done with the tutorial by Comic Tragedy, but I kind of did a different style of smudging than what he did in the tutorial, so it's... hard to tell. :'D

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • @let's play: Yeah, I think I'll go ahead and be taking a few requests this week, since it's spring break. xD And maybe it's bland cause there's really not color differentiation. D: It's just greenish-yellow and blue... [/hmmm]

@BHWolfgang: Haha, that's true. ;>
    Ooo! Can I make a request then?! :D

I hope you enjoy Spring Break! ^^

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Sure. xD

I'll take five requests total, first come first serve after this post.

Dimensions:
    Image: (Preferably HQ)
    Text: (Optional)

And I am NOT doing any edits. So if you don't like it when it turns out, but I do? Well tough luck. <_<; And no pokemon banners pleeeease. x_x Unless you PM me beforehand to ask permission, in which case I'll still probably say no.

No other rules. |D

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Gah, I love all your work! The ones I put in the spoiler really caught my eye the most, though, being the type of person I am, it would be difficult to say exactly why.
    I'm thinking its probably the colors?

Either way, your work is awesome =]

Back