• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lucario Vs Zoroark

Your Choice between-:

• Lucario

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Zoroark

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
    Hello guys, I'm here again with new discussion topic (I know they aren't so good) but this is surely asked many times before (I didn't saw a thread though) so. . .

LucarioVsZoroark

Who'd you think will Win when both carry killer moves such as-:

Extremespeed (Lucario) Aurasphere (Lucario

Faint Attack (Breaks Even Wonder Guard) (Zoroark) NightShade (Zoroark)

Ain't they killing the heck off?

Ok Jokes apart, now I heard somewhere that Anime also stated our both Fighting Master (Lucario & Zoroark) as Natural Rivals.
    Although I didn't watched anime (after 10th episode) I could assume it to be true.

What's yours?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Lucario. Put simply, it has the type advantage. If Lucario has Aura Sphere, as you said, it would win right then and there, along with Lucario having the Mega Evolution to take advantage of. But, Zoroark can manipulate Lucario a la illusions, so when you put more thought into it, it's an equal game. In my opinion though, Lucario has the upper hand, due to the type advantage, and stronger attack power against Zoroark.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Lucario ^^ It has an interesting typing in Fight/Steel and its trademark moves are some of the most iconic and exciting ones in all of pokémon. Plus, I always found Zoroark's design a bit weird. Lucario looks properly cool :3

In a real battle though, I'm not sure. Maybe Zoroark could outwit Lucario.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Lucario because he came before Zoroark. And we all know everyone appreciates originals. Besides, the typing and the design is better, along with probably the best Fighting type move, he beats Zoroark. Adding to that is the concept of an 'Aura Guardian' is better than an illusion spirit.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Lucario has an ability which boosts its powers if hit by Dark Type moves (at least in the games). The only way for Zoroark to win is to outsmart Lucario and even then it probaly would have a hard time.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If we're talking from a purely game perspective, Lucario>>>>>>>>Zoroark. Type advantage (and better typing in general), it has a mega evolution, and completely unresisted neutral coverage at its disposal. Justified and Adaptability are also useful abilities. Illusion, while cool, has limited use because Zoroark is frail as hell and the trick is easy to see through (your Conkeldurr used Night Daze? Yeah, that's not a Conkeldurr, I'm not gonna hit it with Psychic). I also like Lucario's design better.

From a non-game standpoint....who knows. You can pull victory out of you ass in the anime and mangas. That's how Ash has won half his battles.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When it comes to appearance, I would have to side with Zoroark; to me, it looks a lot more vicious than Lucario. This is how they're supposed to be since they are wolves and foxes; former's doing a great job at it, but latter, on the other hand... not so much. d: Battling-wise, it'd have to be Lucario. Personally, I find it to be much easier to utilize, haha.

Years
    The answer is easily Lucario for me. All of the extra promotion it's received aside, I've found it extremely useful throughout the games, and have had a Lucario one of my teams in each generation since it's been introduced.

As for Zoroark, it never really interested me, and I never bothered to train the Zorua that I received in White 2. Granted, I do like Zorua's design more that Riolu, but since the poll is asking about Lucario vs. Zoroark, I voted Lucario.

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
    Looks Like Lucario is the Winner by all aspects,

Although Lucario is Fav-of-all, Doesn't Mean Zoroark isn't Jack of all Trades.. there's seem to be something which interests me about Zoroark.

I mean why Nintendo made them rivals, even they might have known that Lucario will Win by all means but still they didn't replaced Zoroark with other fighting-type to match-up with Lucario.

What's your opinion? I would definetly like to hear.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't think I need to repeat everyone else in the battle aspect of it since that's pretty straightforward.

As an actual Pokemon I still prefer Lucario over Zoroark, but keep in mind I don't like either of them anyway ahahha. I really liked Zorua for it's design and typing and it's back story, but then the evolution killed it for me!! I guess I'm just not a fan of humanoid canines.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I mean why Nintendo made them rivals, even they might have known that Lucario will Win by all means but still they didn't replaced Zoroark with other fighting-type to match-up with Lucario.

#GameFreakLogic

They do stuff that doesn't make sense all the time. My "favorite" one is not giving Kyurem Ice Fang/Ice Punch.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Lucario takes the win here. Logically, Lucario should be able to detect the 'true aura' of Zoroark, so he is not susceptible to illusions and the like.

Years
    In a fight, no question Lucario would defeat Zoroark. Fighting advantage, as well as superior stats and defensive typing. It's just all-around a better Pokemon than its Dark-type counterpart. However, I didn't care for it much around its initial release because it was such a popular Pokemon, similar to how I refused to like Pikachu when I first became a fan of the Pokemon franchise.

Back