• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lucid Dreaming

Rhythmical

CA NA DA WHAT
Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2021
    Have you ever heard of Lucid Dreaming? Lucid Dreaming is having the ability to wake up in your dreams without waking up in the real world. Basically Inception. This theory is actually true and I have been practici g for almost a year now.

Are you Interested in Lucid Dreaming? Well there are a many many steps and tricks to learn how to Lucid Dream.

First of all, make a dream journal. Every morning when you wake up, don't move and ask yourself first before doing ANYTHING "What did I just dream about?". It is Important to write these down before doing anything els because it will cause you to forget every single thing you could remember from your dreams.

There is more than just 1 step into Lucid Dreaming, if ever you guys want to know a little more about this incredible subject, I suggest you read a couple books about it or watch videos and documentaries.

I have Lucid Dreamed once in my whole life and I woke up in near seconds after realizing that I was awake in the dream world. I was so exited that it woke me up. (Another issue in Lucid Dreaming) There are also tricks into staying in your dream as long as possible. Doesn't it seem fun?

Anyways, discuss here!

Last edited:
    Years
  • There is no "Lucid Dreaming".
    This is called "Sleep Paralysis", wich is a state that your brain tells your body that you're asleep, but you're actually awake, it shuts down your muscles and relax them, you can't move, yell or anything else, but you can however, scroll your eyes. While in this state, the person can experience "Lucid Dreams", in wich you can see everything your brain projects, creating paranoia, but that's really it. it's no fun at all.

But there is something really amazingly beautiful called "Astral Projection".
    Our body is divided in 7 parts, one of them is your "Astral Body", wich can leave the other ones and explore the astral world, in the astral world you can experience everything you want to, and what others create aswell, in the real world and the astral world (4th). This is requires another level of understanding about life, and not just your everyday activities and experiences, wich you mistakenly call "life", no, it requires a superior understanding and patience to achieve.

If you wish to know more about the "Astral Projection", i suggest you watch this video, on youtube: watch?v=8VB6h_bWR3Y
    It sums up everything "Astral Projection" is all about in popular culture, BUT, once you've done it, you'll realize it's even more...

Regards, Lucas.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    There is no "Lucid Dreaming".
    This is called "Sleep Paralysis", wich is a state that your brain tells your body that you're asleep, but you're actually awake, it shuts down your muscles and relax them, you can't move, yell or anything else, but you can however, scroll your eyes. While in this state, the person can experience "Lucid Dreams", in wich you can see everything your brain projects, creating paranoia, but that's really it. it's no fun at all.

Lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis are two different things. Lucid dreaming is when you are in a dream but aware that you are dreaming. You may even be able to control your dream once aware. Sleep paralysis is when you wake up, but you cannot move. Also can be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations or the sense of a bad presence. Also known as a night terror.

Anyway I have had lucid dreams before. Some have been a lot of fun. If you can control the dream and keep your head "in the clear" the entire time then it's literally the coolest thing ever. But there have been times when I realized I was dreaming, started to control the dream, and then everything just goes very wrong.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Have you ever heard of Lucid Dreaming? Lucid Dreaming is having the ability to wake up in your dreams without waking up in the real world. Basically Inception. This theory is actually true and I have been practici g for almost a year now.

Are you Interested in Lucid Dreaming? Well there are a many many steps and tricks to learn how to Lucid Dream.

First of all, make a dream journal. Every morning when you wake up, don't move and ask yourself first before doing ANYTHING "What did I just dream about?". It is Important to write these down before doing anything els because it will cause you to forget every single thing you could remember from your dreams.

There is more than just 1 step into Lucid Dreaming, if ever you guys want to know a little more about this incredible subject, I suggest you read a couple books about it or watch videos and documentaries.

I have Lucid Dreamed once in my whole life and I woke up in near seconds after realizing that I was awake in the dream world. I was so exited that it woke me up. (Another issue in Lucid Dreaming) There are also tricks into staying in your dream as long as possible. Doesn't it seem fun?

Anyways, discuss here!

Maybe you think you are in control. Sometimes I have had those "lucid dreams". I think it is a third person view (mentally), but seeing in the first person. You know yourself so well that you know what you would do in said situation. When you do that thing in the dream, it gives the illusion you thought it. Astral dreaming I think, however , is fake, wishful thinking. Similar to lucid dreaming.

My friend once told me that if you laid down on your bed for thirty or a minutes, and stared at the same spot, you would encounter nightmares and scary hallucinations.

Years
  • Lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis are two different things. Lucid dreaming is when you are in a dream but aware that you are dreaming. You may even be able to control your dream once aware. Sleep paralysis is when you wake up, but you cannot move. Also can be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations or the sense of a bad presence. Also known as a night terror.

Precisely, i'm sorry, i didn't explain it properly. Those two are mere physical happenings, this is why i aggregate the two of them, the second one being more "Transcendental", but still, they don't really happen, it is a fantasy world, created in the mind's body.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • A lot of my dreams tend to be lucid dreams unintentionally which sucks because then I end up sleeping long amounts of time or never getting enough.

At this point whenever I have one I just wake myself up and try to sleep normally again.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    All this talk about dreaming reminds me of Kingdom Hearts. I've never intentionally practiced Lucid Dreaming but now that I think back I have had many lucid dreams in my life. Especially when I am taking naps and have a dream, I realize I am in a dream. First i can't control it, but after some time as the dream progresses I can. For example, I've dreamed about being back at this camp I went to last summer. I remember talking to friends and playing kickball. It was night time when I dreamed it, but during my dream it was the middle of the day. I really liked it, but I don't want to practice lucid dreaming.

Although it would be cool to learn, I think that it would mess me up in the long run. I would become too focused on trying to achieve these dreams. I have also thought of Lucid Dreaming as a prolonged form of REM sleep.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've felt the sensation of waking up while in my dream. I noticed several oddities that would indicate that I'm simply dreaming, but everything felt so realistic to me that I still became upset. I posted this blog entry around 8AM in March 2010.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Never experienced lucid dreaming, but I've heard of it. It's pretty much what Silent Lucidity is about. Sleep paralysis is something I have experienced, and it sucks. Scared me the first few times it happened.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    There was a time when it happened pretty often and it always was the same: having a dream, realizing that it's just a dream, trying to control it, but failing misserably and waking up. Well, except for this one time where I didn't even try and simply forced myself to wake up. Imagine realizing that your own body is pretty cold and suddely warmth comes back. It's a weird feeling which I don't know how to describe: it's either scary, or interesting ^^"

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I remember 90% of my dreams. I'll have one big one or many little ones each night. Most of them I'll know I am dreaming but I continue to "play" in my dream like it's a game and I know there are no consequences.

I've never been able to control my dream except for my own actions. I rarely just look and watch. I'm usually part of the dream itself.

I would love to lucid dream or do anything like that since I'm already in tune with my dreams.

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    I've had a few lucid dreams. In one, I was riding in my grandma's old van with my sisters. She was pulling into a parking lot when a dragon swooped down. It had a name above its head, "Descended Fire Dragon." I proceeded to pull out my phone to see if it was a new dragon species added to Skyrim. Then my phone was knocked out of my hands, my sisters and gram disappeared, the van turned into a horse, and the parking lot into a field. I began to ride my horse away from the dragon, and I realized I was in a dream. But in a split second, as I was galloping away, my horse tripped over a dead cow, spiraled into a brick wall, and I woke up.

Rhythmical

CA NA DA WHAT
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2021
    You guys all need to read this book :
    Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming
    by Stephen LaBerge

Very good book for those interested in learning how to lucid dream or just to simply learn about it.

Back