• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lukomon Pokédex released for iPhone/iPod Touch! Android coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Cool, I never knew that it had the levels you could catch it on as well! It will be really useful as whenever I get the guides for the games it only says the route not the levels. Plus I like the fact of the favourites tab.

Also good luck with the Android version, as long as it will be good (which I'm sure it will) I don't mind the wait.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Ah, I totally forgot you were moving to a new appartment, Kombo. I hope I didn't demand you too much to develop new updates; I surely can wait. :)

Happy to know everything went perfect.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    @Pokafreak: thanks! yes it's spacious and I have a new office so I'm happy :)

@KraniumRevolvos: It's there but it wasn't being sorted correctly (bottom instead of top). Fixed, thanks! (screenshot updated)

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    So I finally got Lukomon today and I must say that I'm loving it!! The collections feature is nice and I'm having fun creating lists of favourites. Though part of me wishes I could favourite actual regions and create a list of Super Favourites from my favourites list.
    Also the events section is SOOOOOOOOOO helpful. Thank you so much for that!! :)

Just a couple things.

1) Going through locations I noticed that the alphabetical order is screwed up out of Johto (which doesn't actually bother me but I thought I'd mention it)
    2) Goldenrod City doesn't appear in the locations section. I don't know if that's cause you can't actually catch any Pokemon in Goldenrod or just a glitch but between the Game Corner and Bill you can certainly recieve them. Plus I'd hope that all cities could be included for the sake of favouriting.

Suggestions now!!

1) I think it'd be helpful if when I clicked "show all Pokemon" the ones I had favourited would have the star show up next to their names. That way I won't have to go and check their page/favourites section to see if I've favourited it yet. Same goes for locations and what not.
    2) When you click a location it'd also be nice to see what events happen in that city and when (say the ferry leaving from Olivine) or what things the city possesses, like the Move Deleter, Contest Hall, Dept. Tower etc.
    3) Add Battle Frontier to locations.

Just some things I think would be helpful (beyond the EV's coming in your update) but really you guys have made a true Superdex and it's going to be so helpful!! Thanks!! Also hope you're enjoying your new (Bachelor? :P) Pad!!

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hey again
    I've been abusing the app rather heavily recently, and as I've said before, I love most of the stuff that you've done with it. However, after heavier usage, I've noticed a few things (that aren't the medecin glitches and whatnot):
    • Unless there is some feature about this that I'm not yet aware of, Pokémon with two abilities only have one listed. For example, Breloom has both Effect Spore and Poison Heal, but only Effect Spore is listed. I'm not sure whether this was an oversight or what.
    • The app hangs when favoriting an item (it doesn't crash; the touch screen just goes unresponsive, so you have to relaunch the app to begin doing stuff again).
    • The "External Links" option, though extremely useful for the information missing in the app, becomes unresponsive sometimes. Like the item glitch, it goes away after a relaunch.
    • The app occasionally crashes when going to the "What's Happening" section; after entering it, the entries for HG/SS will show up, but the app will close when attempting to access D/P/Pt.

On a more positive note, it's still an excellent app, and I'm glad to be a user of it. I do have a suggestion for some later versions of the app, though:
    • AbilitiesDex: A complete list of all of the abilities in the game, with in-game descriptions, more detailed descriptions of the other functions of the ability, and a list of Pokémon that has the ability. If you do this, then you might want to take the ability description off of the Pokémon info page and then just do a lookup value on the page to pull the information from the abilities table. Then again, I don't know how the app is packed, so it's possible that you're already doing this, so....
    • More detailed item descriptions: The current item dex is good, but it's rather limited in regards to information other than in-game descriptions and selling value. Just like the abilities dex above, it'd be really nice to see the in-game description, some detailed information about the item, list of locations where you can find/buy it (and prices if it's a purchaseable item), and a list of Pokémon holding the item in the wild.
    • Detailed move information: Once again, I'm going for detail. Although the current move dex is good, some slightly more advanced information wouldn't hurt. For example, let's take Stealth Rock. If I'm not mistaken, the current description for it is: "The user lays a trap of levitating stones around the foe. The trap hurts foes that switch into battle." (Taken from Bulbapedia; don't have my Touch handy atm). Some more information could tell whether the move is stackable or not, what removes it, effectiveness, damage levels, etc. Also a good example is Body Slam. That description should be "The user drops onto the foe with its full body weight. It may leave the foe paralyzed." But what is the chance that the foe will be paralyzed? This is the type of information that I would like to see in a future iteration.
    • A NatureDex would be nice too; if this is to be of great value to a competitive battler, then having a list of the natures and their effects would be a must.
    • Possibly an on-demand service for competitive battling information with Smogon. Maybe you could ask them if you could retrieve their moveset data from their servers and have it rendered into a lukomon-friendly format.
    • Other than that, really just the stats of the Pokémon and their EV yields.

So... yeah. Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    Hey again
    On a more positive note, it's still an excellent app, and I'm glad to be a user of it. I do have a suggestion for some later versions of the app, though:
    • AbilitiesDex: A complete list of all of the abilities in the game, with in-game descriptions, more detailed descriptions of the other functions of the ability, and a list of Pokémon that has the ability. If you do this, then you might want to take the ability description off of the Pokémon info page and then just do a lookup value on the page to pull the information from the abilities table. Then again, I don't know how the app is packed, so it's possible that you're already doing this, so....
    • More detailed item descriptions: The current item dex is good, but it's rather limited in regards to information other than in-game descriptions and selling value. Just like the abilities dex above, it'd be really nice to see the in-game description, some detailed information about the item, list of locations where you can find/buy it (and prices if it's a purchaseable item), and a list of Pokémon holding the item in the wild.
    • Detailed move information: Once again, I'm going for detail. Although the current move dex is good, some slightly more advanced information wouldn't hurt. For example, let's take Stealth Rock. If I'm not mistaken, the current description for it is: "The user lays a trap of levitating stones around the foe. The trap hurts foes that switch into battle." (Taken from Bulbapedia; don't have my Touch handy atm). Some more information could tell whether the move is stackable or not, what removes it, effectiveness, damage levels, etc. Also a good example is Body Slam. That description should be "The user drops onto the foe with its full body weight. It may leave the foe paralyzed." But what is the chance that the foe will be paralyzed? This is the type of information that I would like to see in a future iteration.
    • A NatureDex would be nice too; if this is to be of great value to a competitive battler, then having a list of the natures and their effects would be a must.
    • Possibly an on-demand service for competitive battling information with Smogon. Maybe you could ask them if you could retrieve their moveset data from their servers and have it rendered into a lukomon-friendly format.
    • Other than that, really just the stats of the Pokémon and their EV yields.

So... yeah. Keep up the good work!

I second every suggestion listed in this here post, with those things, this app would be THE PERFECT APP. I am still using another app to see stats and ev yields, but that's all.

Years
    Serene Grace: We're still thinking about that. There will be a paid app and there might be an ad-supported or more likely a feature-stripped free version.

Blues003: Oh that would be a quick fix! I guess I'll have a word with the Serebii and Smogon admins :-)
    Btw layout is a work-in-progress as well, will look even better soon ;-)

Thanks for your input! We'd certainly love to hear more :)

Saw this, and, sorry, I can't read 4 pages, I don't have time, but, I have a suggestion:

Just make the feature-stripped version function as Basic(ish) Pokedex! Show area (all regions), entries from the latest game (or all in current generation), movepool, base stats, and leave it at that!

To tell the truth, I'd pay to have that rather than browsing all through the trawls of Bulbapedia.

At least, I'd pay if I had an iPhone/iPod/Android.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Hello everyone!

Wow! Thanks a lot for all the reports and suggestions! You're a great help :)

We have opened a Get Satisfaction site where you can report bugs, give feedback and share ideas. I would like to ask you to post your feature requests and bug reports there since it's really hard to keep track of everything in a forum topic! I'm sorry I can't give you individual feedback here right now.

Please post your suggestions again here: https://getsatisfaction.com/kombostudio/
    Waffle-san, Applefreak will you be the first?

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hello everyone!

Wow! Thanks a lot for all the reports and suggestions! You're a great help :)

We have opened a Get Satisfaction site where you can report bugs, give feedback and share ideas. I would like to ask you to post your feature requests and bug reports there since it's really hard to keep track of everything in a forum topic! I'm sorry I can't give you individual feedback here right now.

Please post your suggestions again here: https://getsatisfaction.com/kombostudio/
    Waffle-san, Applefreak will you be the first?

Sure will! Copy/pasting suggestions... NOW!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Ah what happened with the Android version? I thought it was suppose to be arriving around the same time as the iPhone version? :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    @JP: That's right. Sorry, the development of the Android version didn't go as planned due to unexpected movind to a new appartment. We're working on it as we speak and will post some screenshots soon!

update:

We've heard many request about IV/EV calcs but we need some more information. Could you please give us some suggestions?
    https://gsfn.us/t/15el4

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Well I just posted the IV calc I use at the "Get Satisfaction" thing but here it is just in case you frequent this thread more often.

freewebs.com/mewtwogazette/design106a/statcalculator.htm

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks Eclipsed Gaia! That helpes a lot :)

Today, the 1.01 update finally landed in the App Store fixing the missing locations icons bug and some glitches.

Years
    Right, I haven't got an iPod but my family do have Android phones, so I was just wondering if you were any closer to completing it or not. I don't mean to rush you, but I was just wondering how much was done on it.
    By the way, looking at the screenshots of the iPod app it looks really great!

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    alphabetasoup: I'm very sorry for the delay. We planned on making the Android version available at the same time as the iPhone version but our moving took unexpected much time, it still does. I'd love to get lukomon on my Android phone too.
    Another thing that's taking a lot of time is designing for the different resolutions on Android. Unfortunately it's not just a matter of scaling images. Some fundamental UI changes have to be made.

We're also working on the most requested feature, which is going to be awesome.. :)

I will be working on the Android version full time this week (except for the Ned world cup game!).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back