• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lusamine

pkmin3033

Our central antagonist (of sorts) in SM was Lusamine, President of the ambiguously evil Aether Foundation, and mother to Gladion and Lillie. Despite ultimately turning psychotic and fusing herself (somehow?) with Nihilego for a rather anticlimactic final battle before disappearing into seclusion to recover from her ill-advised fusion, Lusamine is described by Lillie as a compassionate mother who used to generally care for her children before losing her husband to Ultra Space.

So, would you like to see Lusamine return as the central antagonist? If USUM are set after SM, what role can you imagine her taking in the games - if at all - and, if the games are an alternate take on SM, what would you like them to change about her, if anything?

Why did we not get to actually fight the Mother Beast in battle god damnit

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    She would've been the perfect villain if we got to FIGHT HER WHEN SHE WAS FUSED WITH NIHILEGO.

Like legit, when I saw her in that form I was like "Oh S H O O T I'm actually gonna straight up fight Lusamine". I got so hype but then I saw she still only had five Pok?mon, and my heart sank. ;~;

I mean, it was still a pretty cool battle regardless (it was the first villain fight since BW's Ghetsis battle that actually gave me some trouble), but if we got to actually fight Lusamine it would've been literal perfection.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I found her awesome but yes, her final battle was a bit anticlimatic. I really hope she returns to USUM to create even more havoc. Fucking hate that Clefable though.

Why are you so pretty I'm supposed to hate you

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I want lusamine return. She is a far better character than lillie. Lusamine and Gladion had been developed quite well and i want to see more of that.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • She would've been the perfect villain if we got to FIGHT HER WHEN SHE WAS FUSED WITH NIHILEGO.

Like legit, when I saw her in that form I was like "Oh S H O O T I'm actually gonna straight up fight Lusamine". I got so hype but then I saw she still only had five Pok?mon, and my heart sank. ;~;

I mean, it was still a pretty cool battle regardless (it was the first villain fight since BW's Ghetsis battle that actually gave me some trouble), but if we got to actually fight Lusamine it would've been literal perfection.

Would have been funny if you defeated all her pokemon thinking you've won and then she sends herself out last.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i hope that if she does return, we get to see her backstory. that'd be awesome. however if she does return just..to return it'd be interesting to see her as a fully reformed character.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I want to see her character expanded upon more, she's really interesting, and I liked the history behind her. If these games are in fact sequels, I'd love to see her reformed, a kindhearted woman with a love and passion for Pokemon and maybe she can even help the player character and battle you. If it's an alternate storyline all together, maybe she'd be nice and Wicke could be the evil one?

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I want to see a rehabilitated Lusamine. Not an antagonist. Someone that is repentant of the things they did. If Lusamine is again the antagonist, I can't see how the story is to be different as she still has the same purposes.

unless they change that too of course. but if they do, why not introduce a new character?

pkmin3033

Would have been funny if you defeated all her pokemon thinking you've won and then she sends herself out last.
    Seeing "Lusamine sent out Lusamine!" or "Lusamine is about to battle" pop up on the screen is a very quiet dream of mine. xD;

One thing I'd like to see, regardless of whether she's an antagonist or not, is her husband actually return in some way for a proper family reunion. IIRC, he was responsible for Poke Pelago, which struck me as kinda odd, and I was actually a little annoyed that they didn't all get together at the end of the game, or that he didn't even appear for any of it.

Why are all parents in Pokemon titles so irresponsible? xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I liked Lusamine. She felt like a genuine psychopath and her insanity actually creeped me out a bit.

I just wished we had encountered her more in S/M. It would have been great build up, but I get why they didn't do it.

I would prefer her not to be the antagonist again. That would just feel like the game was throwing out any signs that Lusamine could become redeemable out the window and stunt any further character development from her, sequel or not.

There's also a lot more we can learn about her to begin with. She's probably one of the most interesting characters that has been introduced in Pok?mon due to the fact that she has cool dynamics with other characters, nonlinear motivations, and a surprisingly complex psyche. We don't even know the entirety of her backstory yet. So there is a lot that can be done with her.

But most importantly: wtf she's 40? Maybe this game can be centered around us looking for her Holy Grail :P

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • Seeing "Lusamine sent out Lusamine!" or "Lusamine is about to battle" pop up on the screen is a very quiet dream of mine. xD;

One thing I'd like to see, regardless of whether she's an antagonist or not, is her husband actually return in some way for a proper family reunion. IIRC, he was responsible for Poke Pelago, which struck me as kinda odd, and I was actually a little annoyed that they didn't all get together at the end of the game, or that he didn't even appear for any of it.

Why are all parents in Pokemon titles so irresponsible? xD

Lusamine goes mad after "losing" him. If our character wasn't pure evil Im sure during our many visits to Poke Pelago we might have mentioned that. XD

Years
  • I agree with Nyarth's post. I do hope we get to see more development from Lusamine but outside of a villain role, especially if everything is going to be reversed compared to S/M.

AlolanMoonZPrincess

Alolan Moon Princess
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    I'd be fine with her marrying Guzma and having a punk vibe and the two work together in an alternate world. Would explain Gladion's outfit

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    My favorite idea would be her, in the rehabilitated or "good" role that others have described, but stronger. A phenomenal trainer, perhaps even the champion; the competent and charismatic leader of the Aether Foundation, which looks like it has the potential to be one of the most wealthy and powerful corporate entities in the franchise; and a devoted mother, as we know(?) she was before the disappearance of her husband and subsequent events.

She has the potential to meet or exceed characters like my current favorite character, Cynthia, in representing a strong and successful woman in the franchise on par with icons like Red, Lance, Blue, Steven, and others, while still being flawed and human. She was already historic in being a woman to lead a Pokémon world organization and as a female lead antagonist; she could continue to push boundaries while growing exponentially as a character.

Wouldn't it be fitting if the originals were about the daughter's journey (as I'm sure we all know that most of Sun and Moon were as much about Lillie as about the protagonist), and the "alternate" versions told more of the story of the mother? Maybe some of the differences between SM and USUM could even be portrayed as an exaggerated, artistic take on how differently Lillie and Lusamine see both the world and their own relationship and story. That's a concept they can really take and run with if they want to get deep with their plot and lore.

But that's probably just me daydreaming about what could be.

I liked Lusamine. She felt like a genuine psychopath and her insanity actually creeped me out a bit.

I just wished we had encountered her more in S/M. It would have been great build up, but I get why they didn't do it.

I would prefer her not to be the antagonist again. That would just feel like the game was throwing out any signs that Lusamine could become redeemable out the window and stunt any further character development from her, sequel or not.

There's also a lot more we can learn about her to begin with. She's probably one of the most interesting characters that has been introduced in Pokémon due to the fact that she has cool dynamics with other characters, nonlinear motivations, and a surprisingly complex psyche. We don't even know the entirety of her backstory yet. So there is a lot that can be done with her.

But most importantly: wtf she's 40? Maybe this game can be centered around us looking for her Holy Grail :P

Omg. Bless you and bless this post, friend - it looks like we have a pretty similar take on Lusamine in general! The complexity of her motivations and actions makes her so incredibly interesting, especially within this franchise. She has so much untapped potential that, unlike a lot of other characters, is already hinted at - we know it's there, waiting beneath the surface for us to uncover all of it. And she's clearly quite intelligent, too!

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    My favorite idea would be her, in the rehabilitated or "good" role that others have described, but stronger. A phenomenal trainer, perhaps even the champion; the competent and charismatic leader of the Aether Foundation, which looks like it has the potential to be one of the most wealthy and powerful corporate entities in the franchise; and a devoted mother, as we know(?) she was before the disappearance of her husband and subsequent events.

She has the potential to meet or exceed characters like my current favorite character, Cynthia, in representing a strong and successful woman in the franchise on par with icons like Red, Lance, Blue, Steven, and others, while still being flawed and human. She was already historic in being a woman to lead a Pokémon world organization and as a female lead antagonist; she could continue to push boundaries while growing exponentially as a character.

Wouldn't it be fitting if the originals were about the daughter's journey (as I'm sure we all know that most of Sun and Moon were as much about Lillie as about the protagonist), and the "alternate" versions told more of the story of the mother? Maybe some of the differences between SM and USUM could even be portrayed as an exaggerated, artistic take on how differently Lillie and Lusamine see both the world and their own relationship and story. That's a concept they can really take and run with if they want to get deep with their plot and lore.

Wow, I never even thought about this, but now I would love to see this! Lusamine was absolutely fascinating and I wish we saw even more of her in SM, but how epic would it be if she had a completely different role in USUM? These are all good suggestions.

Whatever they do, I hope USUM explore more of the awesome phenomenon that is Lusamine. However, if she was a good person in USUM, who'd the enemy be?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017

I doubt lusamine would be champion. The only one suitable to be champion from her family is Gladion who was a challenger.

Also SM was about our character's journey. Not lillie or lusamine. The games were all about our character. That will apply to USUM too. Lusamine probably stay the villain of the games.

Foreigner55

Most definetly a chicken nugget
    Years
  • I want lusamine to return si we can get some more in depth stuff with her. I don't care if the gameplay is crappy I need more story! I need more information! Please put the story first for once! Augh! Why do all Nintendo licenses hate story!

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • What if Lusamine remains the main villain, but the plot around her changes into something else? Bear with me, this might be a little long:

- Here's what I'm thinking... I think there's a strong possibility that Gyms will be in these games, those empty plots scattered throughout Alola were most likely the foundations being laid since the formation of the League was in its infancy. So instead of your player moving to Alola while the League is in its infancy, your player moves to Alola after it's fully established in USUM. Where does that put the events of Aether Foundation, meeting Lillie and Nebby for the first time, and Team Skull? That would be the interesting question here, because the player would not be in Alola until after the Gyms are built instead of before.

- Necrozma will obviously have a major play in the plot, but when you look at it in SM, there's no clear connection to the plot in SM other than it's thought to be a Ultra Beast. It doesn't look like anything Lusamine would be interested in, but I could be wrong.

Back