• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mach and Acro Bike script

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
Hmm, hmm! I find this script to be very well done and extremely helpful. I never really wanted to create an account and post on these forums, but there was something I wanted to say and that was to show my appreciation to this type of work... and also to chime in with my own bit for the Acro Bike part of this script.

Yes, the script for the most part is complete, but what bothered me about it was that it didn't support Essential V13's awesome ability to let the creator give X/Y-esque outfits to the player. I have hundreds of combinations of outfits, but the character would revert to the default outfit whenever I press and hold Z to try to make a wheelie! Why? Because there's nothing to define the change in the first place and will always take the images defined in the settings at the top of the script. Wouldn't it be weird if we had to change clothes just to pop a wheelie? Sure is!

So I thought, for anyone with little to no experience with RGSS1 still lurking around these parts and are using the X/Y outfit mechanic who would like to use this script too, would find that it's a super simple change! Nothing much too it and no credit needed whatsoever. I just thought it was something ... missing.

Anywho, for anyone wanting to use this script along with $Trainer.outfit, all you have to do is hunt out ###Graphical things and change...

Code:
 ### Graphical things
    graphic = Settings::AcroBikeFileName[$PokemonGlobal.playerID]
    if FileTest.image_exist?("Graphics/Characters/" + graphic) && Input.press?(Input::A) &&
      $PokemonGlobal.acrobike
      $game_player.character_name = graphic
    elsif Input.release?(Input::A)
      Kernel.pbUpdateVehicle
    end

to...

Code:
graphic = Settings::AcroBikeFileName[$PokemonGlobal.playerID]
    trainer=$Trainer if !trainer
    outfit=trainer ? trainer.outfit : 0
    if FileTest.image_exist?("Graphics/Characters/"+graphic+"_"+outfit.to_s) && Input.press?(Input::A) &&
      $PokemonGlobal.acrobike
      $game_player.character_name = graphic+"_"+outfit.to_s
    elsif Input.release?(Input::A) #Z on keyboard by default
      Kernel.pbUpdateVehicle
    end

Simple enough, right? I already renamed my files to more uniform names than boyAcro, but by default you should have files simply by the name of boyAcro_ followed by the outfit number. "boyAcro_0", "boyAcro_1", "boyAcro_2", and so on... Make sure the default outfit's file ends with "_0"!

This will only apply to the Acro Bike and nothing else as the Mach Bike is simply a modified version of the usual Bicycle and will take on the usual meta for that. Aaaand there you have it. Thanks, Hanisec! Feel free to mend this change into your OP if you want.

Last edited:
Years
I used this script in essentials v15 and its works fine. But in v16 i've got this error and i don't know what i must do to fix it. What should i do?
acro_a10.png

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I used this script in essentials v15 and its works fine. But in v16 i've got this error and i don't know what i must do to fix it. What should i do?
acro_a10.png
The method 'pbIsPassableWaterTag?' was replaced by 'PBTerrain.isPassableWater?'. Try to replace at script.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 21, 2020
I don't know if this post is still alive but. I got a bug.

If I'm using Acro or Mach bike, doesn't matter which one, and I go inside a map where you can't use a bike (Allow bike = false), I'm not riding the bike anymore, but I still have its properties, and it's VERY weird.

I don't know how to fix that, so please, if someone knows about that huge bug, help me.

etique

etique
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Does anyone have this updated script? it seems that this script only works on old versions

Tw_raZ

The Man at the Summit
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2022
Does anyone have this updated script? it seems that this script only works on old versions

It needs some slight modifications but this script works just fine in v17. Removing the water passability check (or simply changing it to its new name) fixes one issue, and PBTerrain is a module, not a class.

That being said, I would love it if someone made it so you can pass under the rails if you haven't already gone on them, like a bridge. Not sure how to do that.

mybusiness

It needs some slight modifications but this script works just fine in v17. Removing the water passability check (or simply changing it to its new name) fixes one issue, and PBTerrain is a module, not a class.

If you refer to this check,
Code:
# Make water tiles passable if player is surfing
      elsif PBTerrain.isPassableWater?(@terrain_tags[tile_id]) &&
         $PokemonGlobal.surfing && self_event==$game_player
        return true
then removing it doesn't solve the problem on walking on the 'shores of waters' like I showed here.

We plan to solve it. This is my code, with a note for WolfPP.
Spoiler:

Back