• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magic: The Gathering

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
  • ic what you mean by that. Yeah, sometimes things can get confusing.

btw, Eternal Witness...return of creature slide? *GASP!*

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Bringer of the dawns and Beacons in fifth dawn are crazyness

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Well the green bringer sucks. lol The red bringer is next. White/Blue Bringers are second. Black Bringer is #1! :P

Red Beacon I don't particularly like tho. Blue beacon is the best one there. :P

BLUE IS MAKING A COMEBACK! not. :P

Years
  • Lands

17 Mountains
    4 Great Furnaces
    1 Forgoten cave
    = 22 red mana

Creatures

2 Atogs
    1 Megatog
    2 Ogre Lead foots
    1 Spikeshot Goblin
    1 Laccolith Whelp
    1 Goblin Piledriver
    1 Goblin Sledder
    1 Goblin Sky Raider
    1 SpurredvWolverine

Artifact Creatures

1 Juggernaut
    1 Cathodion
    2 Myr Retriever
    1 Nim Replica
    1 Drill-Skimmer
    1 Oxidda Golem
    1 Dross Scorpion

Instants

3 Barbed Lightnings
    2 Inflame
    1 Tears of Rage
    1 Shrapnel Blast
    1 Grab the Reins
    1 Puse of the Forge

Sorcerys

1 Misguided Rage
    2 Echoing Ruins

Artifacts

1 Pyrite Spellbomb
    1 Scale of Chiss-Goria
    1 Tooth of Chiss-Goria
    1 Geth's Grimoroire

Equipment

1 Whispersilk Cloak
    1 Vulshok Morningstar
    1 Leonin Scimitar
    1 Shield of Kaldra

Thats my deck :)

Years
  • Kenny_C.002 said:
    Actually, the weilding jar ability does not trigger due to you sacrificing the retriever to the Atog. You CANNOT regenerate sacrificed creatures (see rulebook). Thus this cannot happen, sorry. Well technically you can still sac the weilding jar to the retriever, but it just won't do anything. btw, regeneration is a replacement effect, thus the retriever, if regenerated, does not hit graveyard from play.

Kirby, you can use retriever instead of junkdiver (costs 1 less and uncommon). The combo I'm not sure I understood tho. lol

Anyway, killing spree:
    Door to Nothingness, Doubling Cube, Twiddle, 11 mana = target opponent loses.

So have 11 mana, activate doubling cube to get 16 mana. Pay 5 (of any mana) for Door to Nothingness. Cast twiddle (1 blue) to untap it. Tap 10 (2 of each colour), sac Door to nothingness: target player loses the game. Simple 11 mana with 6 mana specifications. Should have no problem with channel the suns + 1 blue mana anyway. Anyone up for UG with this? btw, if you do use channel the suns, you need 10 mana, with mana specifications of 1 green mana and 1 blue mana (easier).
    my combo was you have monkey cage out and you play lets say pyrexian collisus, then it goes to graveyard, & then use goblin welder to switch monkey cage with pyrex and then monkey cage comes into play...you either have lifeline to revive it at end of turn or use another goblin welder to switch lets say retriever/diver to graveyard for pyrex... then u get another 8 2/2 green creatures... also if u have 2 monkey cages u play pyrex and both go to graveyard... then u use welder to send retriever/diver to graveyard to retireve them both...

Last edited:

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • I'm not sure if it works still, though. I think I get what you're saying tho, Kirby.

nic egan said:
    Lands

17 Mountains
    4 Great Furnace
    1 Forgoten cave
    = 22 red mana

Creatures

2 Atogs
    1 Megatog
    2 Ogre Lead foots
    1 Spikeshot Goblin
    1 Laccolith Whelp
    1 Goblin Piledriver
    1 Goblin Sledder
    1 Goblin Sky Raider
    1 SpurredvWolverine

Artifact Creatures

1 Juggernaut
    1 Cathodion
    2 Myr Retriever
    1 Nim Replica
    1 Drill-Skimmer
    1 Oxidda Golem
    1 Dross Scorpion

Instants

3 Barbed Lightnings
    2 Inflame
    1 Tears of Rage
    1 Shrapnel Blast
    1 Grab the Reins
    1 Puse of the Forge

Sorcerys

1 Misguided Rage
    2 Echoing Ruins

Artifacts

1 Pyrite Spellbomb
    1 Scale of Chiss-Goria
    1 Tooth of Chiss-Goria
    1 Geth's Grimoroire

Equipment

1 Whispersilk Cloak
    1 Vulshok Morningstar
    1 Leonin Scimitar
    1 Shield of Kaldra

Thats my deck :)

I see randomnessgoing on here. This might be the main problem with this deck here. I mean, a single piledriver?

I guess the first thing would be to home in onto some target deck that you might want and work for that. I can see a great Atog type deck coming along, but I can also see possible Spikey deck, too. Just go ahead and take things out that don't belong (like the driver, the misguided rage, etc.) and work with the gaps you have.

Years
  • i have a simple blue deck, it uses unblockables/poke creatures to return opponents creatures to owners hand when it deals damage to him, as well as making me draw cards whenever i did combat damage to him with curiosity and coastal piracy... i used like 1 portal 2nd age card tho... if u need help about the other deck i get then pm... btw look up spirit of resistance or sumthing, then lace of something and sterling grove
    *cant remember name but hears wut cards do: Spirit of resistance (white enchantment): prevent all damage to u if u control a permanent of each color,
    lace of somehting (blue instant): change target permanent to the color(s) of your choice permanently...
    ^^^OPTIONAL: STERLING GROVE (WHITE, GREEN, 1 COLORLESS) HAVE 2 OUT ULL SEE WHY: Eachother ENCHANTMENT U CONTROL CANT BE TARGET OF SPELLS/ABILITIES... (so if u control 2, then none of enchanttments can be destroyed by getting targeted, and your only weakness is tranquility, hush, etc...^^^

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    BTW why is black lotus so rare and expensive these days?

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Whenever you can create 3 mana out of thin air, something is wrong. Black Lotus takes the number 1 spot of the "Power 9" aka the 9 most broken alpha cards to ever be printed.

The reasoning behind it is because of the Lotus' ability to literally create 3 mana on turn 1, meaning you have 4 mana to work with. At this point, all I know is that 4 mana is enough to power ENOUGH 1st-turn kills taht it's not even funny anymore. In fact, most 1st turn kill decks have 2nd turn kills only if they have a REALLY BAD HAND.

This makes black lotus a valuable card to anyone. Once that happened, its pricing went up. Then things got crazy and now any card from the power 9 costs rediculous amounts because they're so broken.

Power 9:
    Black Lotus
    The 5 moxes
    Time Walk (blue!)
    Timetwister (blue!)
    Ancestral Recall (blue!)

btw, the tenth is Library of Alexandria.

try playing with any of them, you'll just see how powerful they really are (like proxy or something).

And here's the link for u to see the power 9:
    https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/arcana/432

Years
  • what do you mean by sterling gorve or ne card being broken? neways dont you think that is good, w/ spirit of resistance, and lace of something you prevent all damage dealt to u w/ just 2 cards... and to prevent you loosing those enchantments, you have sterling groves out, (1 or 2) and you r impenetrable unless sum1 plays a hush/ or tranquility or such... what do u think kenny_c

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • broken is a term coined by the magic columnists. T basically means, TOO cheap. Not very cheapor cool card, but too cheap. You see people referring to skullclamps as broken, or the good ol' black lotus being broken due to the fact taht they're just too good.

Sterling Grove is broken due to the fact that it costs too little for what it does. The closest thing ever to have such an ability is fountain watch, which costs a whooping 5 mana. To add insult to injury, they slap a second ability to the grove, making it a tutor for enchantments as well as protection.

This effectively prevents the popular point-destructive cards like disenchant and naturalize. Tranquility isn't played anyway, people play tempest of light if needed be...even that's rare.

So yeah, Sterling Grove IS a very good card. lol :P

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Tutor for an enchantment.

I think the initial cost is 2,sac it. But I'm also thinking it might be GW, sac it. Not completely sure.

Anyway, the ability is "search your library for an enchantment and put it into your hand."

So extra sterling groves are still good, meaning sterling grove is NEVER a dead card...

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • See. White's got an insanely powerful ability to reanimate artifacts, esp. artifacts that have crazy effects but require sacing.

Red is fractured loyalty every turn...

Black is the best one of them all, giving you vampiric tutor every turn (vampiric tutor is indeed banned in some places). That's insanely broken.

Blue gives you inspiration every turn, which is good to okay.

Green is just pulse of the tangle.

I've always thought the red and the green were the least steallar of the 5. Green makes beast tokens. Big deal, it's not like mindslaver for 4 every turn from white, vampiric tutor every turn with green, or inspiration every turn with blue. I mean, ti's good, just not as good as the other guys.

Back