• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Type Emblem: Main thread

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Any suggestions for learning Will-o-Wisp and Ominous Wind? Can I just learn them without forgetting anything?

Alas, you know the drill. A Pokemon may only know 4 moves. You presently know Disable, Night Shade, Hex and Haze. Will-O-Wisp's accuracy is 85% and would only be useful as set-up for doubling the power of Hex the following turn. Better to rely on other's to apply a status condition for Hex, hence I'd pass on Will-O-Wisp. As for Ominous Wind, it's a strong Ghost move with the possibility of boosting your stats. Disable has its uses, while Haze resets all stat changes(good and bad). Of your existing moves, Haze would be the one to go for Ominous Wind.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Any suggestions for learning Will-o-Wisp and Ominous Wind? Can I just learn them without forgetting anything?
It's probably gonna be like in the actual Pokemon games where you can only know so many moves at a time. Buying the move re-learner alleviates the issue of forgetting a move you potentially may want later.

Will-o-wisp is certainly worth learning though, as reducing an enemy's attack (or it's physical attack anyway) is good to have, and it synergizes with your Hex.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
3) Juice Bar. Not sure how long he will be with us or how much we can use him, but something tells me he provides replenishing drinks that act just like Berries. Meaning rather than loading ourselves down with Berries, we can plop down 4k Poke for his services. Is it a possibility that I could be wrong and basically flush 4k down the swamp hole? Possibly but its an intriguing buy to say the least. For all we know his Juices also temporarily buff our stats.

Feel free to vote for what Option you want. The options at our disposal are Option 1, 2 or 3, Option 1 and 2 or Option 2 and 3. Vote accordingly.

In Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, there's a place called Spinda's Juice Bar, where you hand over edible items such as berries in order to gain certain stat boosts from Spinda's drink (though depending on the item, you might not get any boosts at all). It's really neat but I'm not sure if Lycan's version works in the same way. :p I mean, it says Shuckle serves you a glass of juice "right on the battlefield". Curious!

But the Berry Expert Pack is less pricey and those Sitrus Berries should prove effective, so I'm gonna vote Option 2!

Oh, and I'll hold off on evolution for now—but next time, who knows!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
In Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, there's a place called Spinda's Juice Bar, where you hand over edible items such as berries in order to gain certain stat boosts from Spinda's drink (though depending on the item, you might not get any boosts at all). It's really neat but I'm not sure if Lycan's version works in the same way. :p I mean, it says Shuckle serves you a glass of juice "right on the battlefield". Curious!

Oh right, somehow I completely forgot that Juice Bar exists lmao. (Might be because it's not present in EoD which I played.)

ALSO HAVE YOU PEOPLE SEEN THE FABULOUS NEW THREAD PREFIX? :D

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hmm I'm curious Lycan but you wouldn't be basing Shuckle's Juice Bar after the Juice Bar in PMD Exlorers of Sky? sniped by Clover because I've spent the last hour typing the following. In that particular Juice Bar, drinks would boost stats, including HP. Just wondering if we have to utilize our own ingredients or that they come with the 4K Poke cost. You know... I think we can forego the Storage system for one more round. I think we should buy an Expert Berry Pack for 2100 Poke and hire Shuckle's Juice Bar for 4000 Poke or Options 2 and 3. Tack on Rock Smash and Dusk Ribbon comes to 7750 Poke, leaving us with 750 Poke. If the Juice Bar turns out to be a waste, I'll abstain from future Poke decisions.

Here's who should get the Berries, along with the loot we got last battle:

Spoiler:

As for Rock Smash, it will be going to a new signup provided she signs up today like she said she would. Her Pokémon along with Coral will be learning the new move.

Last edited:
Years
The berries sound like they will be helpful, so I'll agree to the Expert Berry Pack and the Juice Bar. Not all drinks will necessarily raise stats (the ones that do raise stats primarily are made from seeds in EoS), but if they do provide some healing in battle, I'd say that's worth it. And no, I wasn't intended on getting anything from the Berry Pack since I pretty much have what I need (for wanting, that's another matter, but there's no opportunity right now to get something I want).

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'll at least get the Revival Herb then; if you guys are keeping close to Susato anyway, there's no disadvantage of having it. o: If I got a Sitrus Berry it'd be for the other Pokémon too; until she learns Heal Pulse.

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
After careful deliberation I have chosen to learn both Will-O-Wisp AND Ominous wind. I will get rid of the moves Haze and Disable.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'll at least get the Revival Herb then; if you guys are keeping close to Susato anyway, there's no disadvantage of having it. o: If I got a Sitrus Berry it'd be for the other Pokémon too; until she learns Heal Pulse.

So you're for Option#2 and #3? Heal Pulse might be awhile though being that you don't learn it until level 37. Assuming 5 levels/Battle, you won't learn the move until after Battle#5 concludes. I did consider giving you a Sitrus Berry but figured it'd be best to give them to those who'd be taking damage to use it. Anyways so far we have two votes for doing both Berry Pack and Juice Bar(three if Dragon confirms) and one vote for Berry Pack alone(which all but ensures we get Berry Pack as I see it). Anyone against doing the Juice Bar?

Years
I know I'm late, but I would like to evolve too. But only if I can evolve to Slaking soon because I want to be lazy again.

As for the moves, while I like Covet, I think I'll stay with my old moves.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I know I'm late, but I would like to evolve too. But only if I can evolve to Slaking soon because I want to be lazy again.

As for the moves, while I like Covet, I think I'll stay with my old moves.

Your decision on whether to evolve should be based on what moves you want to learn. Slaking's Evolution, as Lycan pointed out, isn't until level 36 so holding off on evolving is an option. To better make a decision, one has to look at what moves are on the learnset for each Evolution.

For Slakoth, you have the following:
Counter level 30
Flail level 33
Play Rough Level 38

Not much benefit to staying a Slakoth unless you want a Fairy Type move.

Vigoroth learns the following:
Chip Away Level 27
Counter level 33
Focus Punch level 37
Reversal level 43

By evolving now, you'll have another opportunity to learn Chip Away but otherwise your options aren't too great. Not sure how Focus Punch would work in FTE but in terms of raw power, it's pretty good along with being a Fighting Type move. You'd have to forego evolving to Slaking for at least one battle to learn it though unless you learn the move and then evolve in one go.

Slaking learns the following:
Flail level 39
Fling level 47
Punishment 53
Hammer Arm 61

Only move I like from that list is Hammer Arm but you won't learn it until very late in our FTE campaign. Overall, unless you want Play Rough, you might as well evolve right now and again as soon as you learn Focus Punch as a Vigoroth.

Last edited:
Years
Okay... While I want to be lazy as much as possible, I should help the team and evolve into Vigoroth! I'll also pass on Chip Away right now, but will count how many times do I use my "infinity" attack.

Lycanthropy

Years
<3

Delibird_happy.png
"Delivery! Hello, hello, and another package for Lucario's Exploreres: a spooky present time. I simply adore presents, but this one has an ominous aura, I can tell.
There's a note attached: 'Thanks for playing Fire Type Emblem, you folks are great! Stay tuned for the next chapter which you should hear more about shortly. Happy Halloween!', signed by The Gamemaster. I must admit don't know who that is, but I have a feeling he must be a nice, handsome fellow."

Linus obtains the
Pumkin Berry
Pumkin Berry [Cures Frost when eaten or fed to an adjecent ally, can be held]
!
Lutin obtains the
Pumkin Berry
!
Cuddles obtains the
Pumkin Berry
!
Woowoo obtains the
Spell Tag
Spell Tag [Equip: Increases Ghost type power by 15%]
!
Susato obtains the
Cursed Shawl
Cursed Shawl [Equip: Contact with the holder may Disable (3) the used move]
!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
<3

Delibird_happy.png
"Delivery! Hello, hello, and another package for Lucario's Exploreres: a spooky present time. I simply adore presents, but this one has an ominous aura, I can tell.
There's a note attached: 'Thanks for playing Fire Type Emblem, you folks are great! Stay tuned for the next chapter which you should hear more about shortly. Happy Halloween!', signed by The Gamemaster. I must admit don't know who that is, but I have a feeling he must be a nice, handsome fellow."

Linus obtains the
Pumkin Berry
!
Lutin obtains the
Pumkin Berry
!
Cuddles obtains the
Pumkin Berry
!
Woowoo obtains the
Spell Tag
Spell Tag [Equip: Increases Ghost type power by 15%]
!
Susato obtains the
Cursed Shawl
Cursed Shawl [Equip: Contact with the holder may Disable (3) the used move]
!

Of those items, Spell Tag is really nice. Cursed Shawl isn't bad either but encourages someone to run out in front to take a contact move. Interesting treats as they say. Speaking of treats... going to grab like 30 pieces of candy knowing that people don't come to our door(2 years in a row with no doorbells).

*Edit* Those overlays for the items don't do very well on Dark Theme backgrounds(Soaring to the Moon for example).

Last edited:
Years
If no one else wants the Cursed Shawl, I think that might be an item that could work well for me. I did intend to play a tank role, and that equip would be helpful to boost the idea.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2018
Hiya guys, quiter2812 (Robin) here. I can't login to my main account, so I've created this one so I can still participate in here. Sorry for the delay!

As for the moves, I'd probably replace Rollout and Hidden Power for Psyshock and Recover, but I don't know if it's a good idea for all of my moves to be PP limited. If anyone has any input on the decision it would be appreciated.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Hiya guys, quiter2812 (Robin) here. I can't login to my main account, so I've created this one so I can still participate in here. Sorry for the delay!

As for the moves, I'd probably replace Rollout and Hidden Power for Psyshock and Recover, but I don't know if it's a good idea for all of my moves to be PP limited. If anyone has any input on the decision it would be appreciated.
Admins might be able to help you be able to log in to your account again

Limited PP is less fun yeah, but I think that what Psyshock and Recover give you outweighs the negative of PP limitations. If we buy one of the Berry Packs, we'll get Leppa Berries that help out a bit with that. imo anyway

also:
hqdefault.jpg

Lycanthropy

Years

Oh, heyyy! I was already worried you had forgotten about the game. Great to see you're still here! :D

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

As Nah noted, Admins and password recovery can help you get back into the account. If you haven't tried Discord, that's another avenue of communication to get your account situation resolved. As for your moves, Psyshock is a STAB move like Confusion(Hence is a Rn 3 move) that has far greater power (Moderate(80 Power) vs. Minor(50 power)), but uses target's Defense instead of Special Defense(useful against targets like Sliggoo or targets that favor Special Defense over Physical Defense). Replacing Rollout with it makes logical sense.

Recover allows you to recover 50% of your life, hence you'll be able to get by without Berries or the need to be healed by Rinnia. Being a worthwhile recovery move, it's hard to pick what to replace. Psywave gives you exceptional range along with a known fixed damage outcome against all but Dark Type Pokemon(even works against Psychic Types). Reflect is a good Burst Defense buff that unfortunately lasts just 1 Enemy turn while Hidden Power is a solid Rn 1* move who's typing depends on IV's(For FTE, what I know is that your Hidden Power was Super Effective on Flying Types. Hence it was Rock, Ice or Electric. If you interact with the NPC Kecleon and ask him nicely during our intermission, you might be able to determine what Type Hidden Power happens to be. If it's Rock or Ice, it might be worth keeping. Electric won't be as valuable due to having three Electric types but it's worth knowing nonetheless).

With Psyshock replacing Rollout, you presently have a total of 6 PP worth of offensive moves and two uses of Reflect. You only used Reflect once and never had the opportunity to use it again. The one time you did use it, it didn't help all that much because Linus got hit by a Special Gust as opposed to a Physical move when his Defense was boosted during the opening Enemy Phase of Battle#2 while everyone else had dispatched their foe or wasn't in a situation to be counter-attacked the following Enemy phase. If it were me, I'd replace Reflect with Recover so that if you were to get hit, you could recover while we deal with the Enemy. The more offensive options you have, the better as I see it. Granted, this is your call so do what you want.

Going with those moves though gives you a grand total of 8 PP, of which 6 is offensive in nature. One is short range in all directions. One is medium range and the other is long range, hence viability in nearly all situations. Due to your limited mobility, odds are you won't be using a move but sprinting. Meaning the lack of PP may only become an issue in a prolonged and drawn out battle where Leppa Berries(or the Juice Bar) can come in extremely handy.

Back