• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Mansion Extravaganza [Halloween 2K18]

Years
Goatboy88 the Cofagrigus
Been very busy the past few days, but i finally found the time to take down Roxie with a combination of my Mirandove (Tranquill level 23) and silly bobo the level 19 riolu. Thankfully I don't normally use items anyway, so the embargo didn't affect me much :) Snoots evolved and is level 19 as well now. Out of the options for room 7, I'm thinking I'm gonna go with my gut and interact with the leftmost teleporter!

GoatBoy88 is teleporting!
You step on the teleport and are transported to the room 31 in an instance! And you get another curse during the transportation.

The room is pretty big. There is destroyed wall leading to the another room, but you probably won't be able to get there through the pieces of the wall. You can also see a statue and broken computer. Will you investigate the statue?

Or you could run out of here to the rooms 41, 27 or 14.

I'll advance to room 21 and wait patiently for my next curse.

Miau has great CSS!
As you continue, you feel thirsty, but you can't find your bottle. The curse continues...

Anyway, in this room, there is one teleporter and statue in the corner. You can interact with any of these.

Or you could run out of here to the rooms 29, 43 or 14.

My next move is going to be the taking top left teleporter and seeing where I end up

Coffee Jeans is teleporting...
You step on the teleport and are transported to the room 31 in an instance! And you get another curse during the transportation.

The room is pretty big. There is destroyed wall leading to the another room, but you probably won't be able to get there through the pieces of the wall. You can also see a statue and broken computer. Will you investigate the statue?

Or you could run out of here to the rooms 41, 27 or 14.

ooooh, I wish I'd thought to check earlier for an event, this sounds fun.
Alright let's see which game I want to play...

What You Are Called: Inkblots
What You Look Like: Flareon
What You Are Doing: Emerald
What is the Answer to Life?: 42
Room You Wish To Start In: 4

Enter Inkblots
You were waiting for this your whole life. Or maybe the Mansion was waiting for you. Anyway, you're IN! Enjoy your first curse...

And then you can move to the room29.

Doors are for the weak, I want to Investigate the weird wall.
The random number generator wasn't kind to you and you got that one curse that will make your run into the real Nuzlocke. The best part is that it was really just rng screwing with you and not me or ddrox.

Radboy is ready to eat!
The wall opens on its own and you find yourself in a big dinning room. There are several tables with plates on them. You could swear there was someone sitting and eating just a moment ago. You can choose one out of 3 plates to eat from. Or you could interact with a statue in the corner of the room.

Otherwise you can leave to the rooms 21 or 32.

I'll move left to Room 16.
I have a feeling that someone should put a Forest's Curse on you soon...

jdthebud is moving forward
That teleport is really suspicious, so you rather move along. You found nothing but a broken TV and a weird wall in this room. But at least you get another curse. That's win, right?
wJlA9Rw.png

Will you investigate the wall or return back?

Anyway, as for the investigation, it's time to proceed. After the whole statue situation, and I know this is a bad idea, but I'll choose the second of the four plates (and pray).

Blissy should try new diet
Yay, it's dinner time already. But you should watch what are you eating as you just tried to bite of part of the Toxapex. That's not good...

You quickly get up and run towards the next room in a hope to see a toilet. But there is only a phone and old fax on the table.

You can leave to the rooms 11 and 17 from here. Or go back and try another plate in the room 43.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Coffee Jean's Fire Red Mansion Adventure Part 3
Spr_3f_056.png

Womankey
Spr_3f_008.png

Kooooooopa
Spr_3f_074.png

Yoga Ball
Spr_3f_096.png

Sleepyboi
  • Fire red doesn't have any good held items, so the curse is pretty useless
  • I've realised my team has a major grass weakness
  • I can't catch bug/flying/poison
  • I catch a Drowzee (named Sleepyboi) to deal with grass/poison types
  • Sleepyboi is a great Ivysaur counter in the rival battle
  • The gym gets swept by Yoga Ball
My next move is to go to room 27

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #8 on Ruby:

• After teaching some non-damaging moves to comply with the new curse, I went Diving.
  • Found the missing submarine in the Seafloor Cavern.
  • After beating all the Magma Grunts and Admins, I defeated Maxie easily with Smoggy.
  • Groudon summoned the intense sunlight, and I went to Sootopolis to fix it.
  • Caught Groudon with a Great Ball (!!!) in the Cave of Origin.
  • Did a little exploring with Dive, then challenged the gym.
  • I am underleveled, but I did outlast Wallace on the second try.
Screens:
Spoiler:

The Brave Investigators:
Spr_3e_332.png

Thorny the Quiet Cacturne, ♀ - L40
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Solarbeam, Secret Power, Faint Attack, Sunny Day
Spr_3e_326.png

Boing the Hasty Grumpig, ♂ - L39
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Psybeam, Confuse Ray, Psywave, Psychic
Spr_3e_110.png

Smoggy the Brave Weezing, ♂ - L39
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Sludge, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Poison Gas
Spr_3e_277.png

Brave the Adamant Swellow, ♀ - L38
Ability: Guts
Moves: Return, Steel Wing, Fly, Double Team
Spr_3e_073.png

Beamer the Hardy Tentacruel, ♀ - L37
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Surf, Supersonic, Dive, Ice Beam
Spr_3e_127.png

Crusher the Quirky Pinsir, ♀ - L38
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moves: Strength, Dig, Brick Break, Harden

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_264.png

Linoone - Cut, Rock Smash, Strength [boxed]

I'll investigate the wall.

Years
My next move is to go to room 27

Coffee Jeans goes to the next room!
You bravely go to the next room, still shrouded in the darkness. But it still has a new curse ready for you.
nHQbOjz.png

There is a broken TV and a statue. You can investigate both of them or you can move up to the room 5.

I'll investigate the wall.
You avoided all the rooms with special events and I want to give you Forest's Curse just for that... But let's see if RNG is kind to you...

jdthebud is at the end!
As you touch the wall, it reveals secret passage behind it. You decides to follow the dark trail and after a while you step out to the huge room. Suddenly, you feel like changing your team a little bit...

You can see Absol slowly approaching you: "Your journey is almost over, but the biggest challenge is waiting on you... Good luck." You here its voice.

Years
Alright, first gym completed and I will move to room 29

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Coffee Jean's Fire Red Mansion Adventure Part 4
Spr_3f_008.png

Kooooooopa
Spr_3f_097.png

Sleepyboi
Spr_3f_136.png

CheetoPuff
Spr_3f_100.png

Great Ball
  • RIP to my Geodude and Mankey from the ground curse
  • My team was feeling really empty so I caught a Voltorb and named it Great Ball
  • Screech + Selfdestruct kills pretty much everything which is nice
  • Once I got to Celadon I found Eevee and decided to evolve into Flareon
  • The gym was almost swept by Sleepyboi but I had to finish off vileplume with selfdestruct
I'm gonna check out the statue now

Last edited:
Years
I'll sign up!

Name: October
Pokemon: Phantump
Playing: Pokemon Blue
What is the answer to life? uhhh... 198!
Room: 3 is the lucky number

Edit: am I supposed to start my game before I get my first curse?

Last edited:
Years

First strike for Inkblots!
I almost sound like a broken record, but as you move to the next room, you're affected by another curse. The Mansion probably thinks you should loose weight...

Anyway, there is a broken computer in the next room.You can also feel there is something wrong with the wall. Do you dare to investigate it?

Or you could just leave to the room 21.

I'm gonna check out the statue now

Coffee Jeans and the Statue of Nothingness!
You feel that it's a great idea to play with the statue and pull its lever. The floor starts shaking and... then it stops. You don't feel any change. Disappointed, you move to the next room.
0Vcf9au.png

But don't be sad, I'll put one curse on you as consolation prize. Enjoy your new team member!

Anyway, you can either step on the teleport or leave to the rooms 16 (on the left) or 26 (up).

I'll sign up!

Name: October
Pokemon: Phantump
Playing: Pokemon Blue
What is the answer to life? uhhh... 198!
Room: 3 is the lucky number

Another Phantump joins the fun!
"YES! Another Phantump! I'll go easy on you!" You hear in your head the moment you enter the Mansion. What was that?

You ignore the voice and continue to the first room. As you enter, you feel tired. You would really want to lay down and sleep now. Could this be the curse of the Mansion?

Right now, you can't do anything except moving to the room 21.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I just created an account; it's been years since I've been on PC. Anyway, the challenge looked fun!

What You Are Called: Tyroar
What You Look Like: Pyroar
What You Are Doing: Black

Years
October's Curse Quest
in: Pokemon Blue
Part 1

When aptly named October finds out he has gotten a halloween curse, he is eager to go and collect all 8 gym badges plus the champion's power to rid himself of his curse and soon-to-be curses. Unfortunate youngsters such as October have recently been getting curses out of nowhere and they found out that they must get the badges and insert them into haunted tablets that have been popping up to rid themselves of their impending doom. Within these tablets is a virtual mansion, where all the cursed youngsters go to move themselves further into the mansion, gaining curses as they go, but once they move nine times they are freed. However, to gain the power to take an action, they must insert a badge. For the ninth move, they must gain the champion's power.
Anyways. October aptly left to find Oak after receiving his curse that all of his pokemon and himself will die if they sleep. Crap! October realizes he's gonna have to pull an all-nighter every night until he can get some freakin' help. October picks Spuds, a bulbasaur, and soon afterwards loses his first ever fight against Gary.
*Facepalm*
After October gets lazy old Oak his parcel (Oak's too self-centered to notice that October's life is on the line, see) Oak yammers on about some pokedex crap that October doesn't really care about- He needs to get a move on! October gets out as fast as he can but of course he can't run because he doesn't have running shoes. Completely logical!
Some growls, tackles and tail whips later, October befriends a new monster, the dude nidoran, which he names Poke-Rex, except in all caps because he doesn't want it sticking out like a sore thumb in a world where all names are completely in capital letters.
More growls, tackles and tail whips later, October thinks he's ready for a rematch against Gary. He wins and promptly blazes through the forest filled with stupid bugs because he wants to be able to move on the second gym sooner rather than later (after he defeats Brock)
After facing a wannabe Ultra Recon Squad kid who yammers on about lightyears, October reaches Brock, preparing for an intense, scorching and exciting battle!
Two vine whips.
Buh-bye, Onix and Geodude!
Weeell, in order to avoid Brock taking out his anger which was currently taking the form of steam out of his ears, October rushes out as quickly as his lame non-runner shoes can handle. Upon stepping outside, like literally the first step he took, October feels really dizzy, like he ran into an invisible pokemon or something(oh, wait, Kecleon's not in this game). Suddenly he realizes. He's getting another curse. He better get all gym badges and gain the champion's power before it's too late!!

Edit: Oh yeah. October remembered to take out his haunted tablet and proceed to room 12.
Another Edit: Team currently:
Spuds (Bulbasaur) lvl. 14
Poke-Rex (Nidoran Dude) lvl. 10

third (and hopefully final) edit: added to my new blog & fixed up some of my redundant writing ;/

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Ok, so...this next curse is probably the most innocent one yet. The only member of my team that has one of the required moves is Blaze, and all that means is that Fire Fang is now locked. A bit of a shame, but I can live with it. Anyway, it's time for...

Episode 4 - Super Spooky Volt Switching
Spoiler:

Years
I just created an account; it's been years since I've been on PC. Anyway, the challenge looked fun!

What You Are Called: Tyroar
What You Look Like: Pyroar
What You Are Doing: Black

Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll enjoy this Challenge.

Tyroar joins the fun!
You were thinking about this for a long time, but you finally enter the Mansion. As you enter, you can feel weird powers touching your body. You have been cursed!

Right now, you can't do anything except moving to the room 29.

NOTE: To see your curse, check your character on the map at the start of this thread. You can hover over your curse, to see what it does.

Edit: Oh yeah. October remembered to take out his haunted tablet and proceed to room 21.

October loses his team!
You continue to the next room. It's pretty small, with one teleporter located there. And a statue. You could try stepping on the teleport or investigating the statue.

Or you can move to the rooms 14, 43 or 29.

While are you deciding, you notice your trusty partner is missing. Where did it go? Did the curse take him?

This time, I'm just gonna play it safe and enter the fog...of Room 11.

BlissyMK's is torn apart!
The next room is pretty simple. There is only one weird statue in there. You might have more luck with this one.
bkgPznm.png

This room is dead end. You can only go back from here.

Oh and I almost forgot your curse... Well, I don't want to spoil you anything, so check it out on the map.

Years

Mansion Extravaganza in Pokémon Ultra Moon

a8kld8S.png

PART 4

I really hoped I would not get the Light's End curse because that would eliminate 3/4 of my team. Instead, I got Forest's Curse, which eliminated 3/4 of my team. Great!

So I spent eternity getting my new team members and training them little bit. After that, I rushed through the Lush Jungle Trial - which I still find butchered and boring in Ultra versions and beat Totem Lurantis with Igor.

At this point, Igor was still the best Pokémon, given that he was only fully evolved Pokémon and I was worried about challenging Olivia with the team. It took Tim, Buffy and Michael to take down her Anorith and after that, I rather switched to Igor for the rest of her team, which make it easy. Anyway, I found out that the orbs at the side of the Anorith's body are actually eyes and it just entirely changed my view on this Pokémon. IT LOOKS SO DERPY! I always though it doesn't have eyes and the orbs are just that. The orbs on its body.

And so I'm waiting for another curse. If you want to roll it for me, post any number from 1 to 24 here.

Team

lanturn.gif

Tim, Serious Male Lanturn @Waterium Z
lvl 27, Volt Absorb
- Confuse Ray
- Thunder Wave
- Electro Ball
- Bubble Beam

alakazam.gif

Igor, Mild Male Alakazam
lvl 32, Inner Focus
- Reflect
- Psybeam
- Recover
- Disable

cubone.gif

Buffy, Quiet Female Cubone @Normalium Z
lvl 28, Lighting Rod
- Bone Club
- Headbutt
- Boomerang
- Focus Energy

stufful.gif

Michael, Timid Male Stufful
lvl 26, Klutz
- Low Sweep
- Brutal Dwing
- Baby-Doll Eyes
- Flail​

Years
While are you deciding, you notice your trusty partner is missing. Where did it go? Did the curse take him?

Can I catch a pikachu in the forest-that-I-forget-the-name-of although it's a starter in yellow? Also, I choose 21 for your curse ;)

Last edited:
Back