• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Mansion Extravaganza [Halloween 2K18]

Years
I'll interact with the teleport!

Also a quick question: Zombie Dinner states that "on Pokemon that learn multiple, only one is required"; does that refer only to the elemental Fang attacks, or all the moves listed? I.e. on my Growlithe, will I have to keep both Bite and Fire Fang?

Hi, question: the Chimecho challanges can be done on a different save file that we use to play this event, right? I'm playing Black 2, so it would be fine to grab one of my Alola games to snap a pic with Mimikyu; and also do some breeding on X while waiting for my next curse, since breeding is post-game in B2, right?

To answer your questions:
For Zombie Dinner, you only have to learn one biting move, so Growlithe has only keep Bite or Fire Fang (or both if you want).

For Chimecho's Challenges you can use any game and save you want, so both of your examples are good to go.

And thanks for a new curse. After running the number through Mansion's supercomputers, I got Eternal Nightmare curse. I'm not sure if there is someone with sleep inflicting moves in the games to be honest. So it might be get good or really bad.

Miau continues the journey!
You did the only right thing to do now. Step on this unknown teleport. You are tranported to a new room in a moment.

There isn't much to this room. There is weird machine. Maybe you could play with few buttons you can see.

Or you can leave to the room 31 from here.

I await my next curse
I choose to venture into room 27.

Get well soon.
Is Brewmaster getting anywhere?
Let's make this quick. You move to the next room. You get a new curse. Nice and clear... And they say this Mansion is cruel...

Well, you're still cursed and lost, but it's not that bad. I mean you could be sick in the real world. Ohh...

Anyway, there is broken TV and a statue in this room. Do you want to risk it this time?.

And you can leave to the room 5 from here.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Thank you both, on154288 and Zemanahrad! I somehow managed to miss Zemanahrad's post on page 6 where he spelled it out loud and clear even for dummies like me!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019

UPDATE: Earned First Gym Badge

Curses
Ocean's Curse - Water, Dragon, Ice Types Banned (Unless they share dark or ghost typing)

Team
Lucifern, lvl 15
Inspiration: Serpent, Garden of Eden
Spr_5b_495.png

Vine Whip
Tackle
Leer
Growth

Church , lvl 12
Inspiration: Undead Cat, Stephen King's Pet Cemetery
Spr_5b_509.png

Scratch
Growl
Assist
Sand-Attack

EDIT: Forgot to mention, heading to room 29!​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
Get well soon.
Is Brewmaster getting anywhere?
Let's make this quick. You move to the next room. You get a new curse. Nice and clear... And they say this Mansion is cruel...

Well, you're still cursed and lost, but it's not that bad. I mean you could be sick in the real world. Ohh...

Anyway, there is broken TV and a statue in this room. Do you want to risk it this time?.

And you can leave to the room 5 from here.

Someone more familiar with encounters in b2 know if there is a pokemon besides eevee available that is a ghost/dark type before I beat gym #5?

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Someone more familiar with encounters in b2 know if there is a pokemon besides eevee available that is a ghost/dark type before I beat gym #5?
If you're willing to go back to Route 4, you can try your chances with Sandile or Scraggy, or hit up Relic Castle for Yamask. Routes 5 and 16 have Liepard, but it's a bit lower quality when you compare it to the Sandile line, and getting Sandile is an exception to Cursed Ground and can learn Earthquake as a Krookodile, so it's pretty worth going back for.

Years
Forgot to mention, heading to room 29!

I love that Pet Sematary reference.

Tyroar is hunting down the Wendigo!
You continue to the next room and immediately get cursed again!

Well, in this room, you can try interacting with a weird wall. There is also a broken computer, but I wouldn't advise to play with it.

Or you can just leave to the room 21.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
update #5
I'm still sick, but no longer getting sick every 30 mins or so.
Actually I didn't get sick all day. So yay.
Spoiler:

misdreavus.gif

Specter lv 37
Psybeam
Astonish
Hex
Confuse Ray

umbreon.gif

Knight lv 37
Bite
Sand attack
Moonlight
Faint Attack

espeon.gif

Sakura lv 37
Psychic
Bite
Morning Sun
Future Sight

sandile.gif

Kitter lv 26
Mud-Slap
Sand Tomb
Bite
Sand Attack

I await my next curse.
Is it possible to attempt to figure out how the TV got broken?
If not I'll move onto room 5.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I love that Pet Sematary reference.

Tyroar is hunting down the Wendigo!
You continue to the next room and immediately get cursed again!

Well, in this room, you can try interacting with a weird wall. There is also a broken computer, but I wouldn't advise to play with it.

Or you can just leave to the room 21.

Hmm. There's something curious about the wall. I should inspect it.

Years
Wow, that took a long time (curse midterms and assignments, always getting in the way)
I think I'm gonna have to check out that computer...

Spoiler:

Years

I feel so stupid right now. Yesterday, when I posted update for you, I forgot to save the map to include new curse for you and realized it just now. I'm sorry for a inconvenience. You can now continue your journey.

I await my next curse.
Is it possible to attempt to figure out how the TV got broken?
If not I'll move onto room 5.

That was pretty rough part for you. IIRC Bruno is 1st Pokémon to be boxed thanks to that curse.

Another bad curse for Brewmaster!
You're looking at the broken TV and wonder how it got broken. Suddenly you see your reflection in the TV. Is there new screen? Was it even broken? Your reflection slowly turns into a monster. It put its hands through the screen and grabs you. Before you can react, you find yourself lying in another room.

This room is pretty empty. There is TV right in front of you that probably got you here. Oh and you lost one of your Pokémon during whole transportation. That's the curse of the Mansion again!

Anyway, there is only one exit to the room 5.

I think I'm gonna have to check out that computer...
Ohhh... I'm sorry for your losts. But it will get even worse!

Rest in pepperoni, Inkblots!
Well, this was something. Tired, you sit down to the computer and find terrifying images of a ......... and ............. with many ..... standing around. If you weren't scared, now you are. You want to get out of here as fast as possible. You start running and get to the room 14. You should be safe here.

There is only a statue here, but you're not really sure if you should interact with it.

Or you can get out of here to the rooms 7, 31 or 21.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
UPDATE: Earned Second Gym Badge

Curses -
Ocean's Curse - Water, Dragon, Ice Types Banned (Unless they share dark or ghost typing)
Embargo - May not use items in battle.

Team
Lucifern, lvl 22
Inspiration: Serpent, Garden of Eden
Spr_5b2_496.png

Vine Whip
Tackle
Leaf Tornado
Growth

Church , lvl 21
Inspiration: Undead Cat, Stephen King's Pet Sematary* (Corrected to the incorrect spelling!)
Spr_5b_510.png

Fake Out
Pursuit
Thief
Fury Swipes

Nightmare, lvl 20
Inspiration: Night Mare mythology.
Spr_5b_522.png

Flame Charge
Shockwave
Quick Attack
Thunder Wave

Now I will interact with that glowing wall!

Also, thanks for clarifying about the mix-up with the curse map :)

Years

Mansion Extravaganza in Pokémon Ultra Moon

vlmrGYr.png

PART 6

Well, this segment was quick.

I'm getting used to my Pokémon getting knocked out every single battle. But let's get to the important stuff from this part.

Guzma's battle was hard again. I lost on the 1st try, so I had to grind for a while to beat him. Buffy is slowly getting behind others while having higher level, so I think I'll swap her for a new team member. Right now, she's not doing well as Fire or Ghost-Type.

2nd battle was against Gladion, which was easy. Tim took care of his Golbat and Michael of the rest. These two are becoming my favourites.

And the last battle was against Nanu. And it was once again won by Tim and Michael alone. Well, Buffy took Black Hole Eclipse while I was healing Michael, but other than that, the battle was in Tim and Michael's hands.

With that, I'm waiting for a new curse. You can either put one on me from already known curses or roll it for me by posting any number from 1 to 24 here.

Team

lanturn.gif

Tim, Serious Male Lanturn @Electrium Z
lvl 43, Volt Absorb
- Signal Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Discharge
- Bubble Beam

metang.gif

Ned, Naive Metang @Steelium Z
lvl 41, Clear Body
- Take Down
- Zen Headbutt
- Metal Claw
- Agility

marowak-alola.gif

Buffy, Quiet Female Marowak @Firium Z
lvl 45, Lighting Rod
- Shadow Ball
- Flame Charge
- Boomerang
- Focus Energy

bewear.gif

Michael, Timid Male Bewear @Fightinium Z
lvl 45, Klutz
- Brick Break
- Hammer Arm
- Shadow Claw
- Thrash​

Last edited:
Years
Now I will interact with that glowing wall!

Tyroar and the cracking wall!
You're looking at the weird wall. And it feels like the wall is looking at you. You have a urgent need to walk in to the wall. And so you do. And unexpectedly it's just an illusion.

You made it to the other side, but what about your partner? Where is Lucifern?

Anyway, you see huge tables with a meal. It's pretty obvious that you're not a 1st person to be here. There is even a Phantump hovering over the tables. There are 2 plates in front of you. You can eat either of them. If you dare.

Else you can investigate the statue in the corner. Or go to the rooms 21 or 32.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Just a quick question. Will this challenge end by the end of october, or will it stay up? I might be a while finishing :P

Its the flavor of the month as they say so once October is over, it will be removed from the sticky list and become a normal challenge topic. There is no rush, AFAIK, to finish your runs ASAP but the turnaround on being given curses is higher when its ongoing(which is right now).

Years
Just a quick question. Will this challenge end by the end of october, or will it stay up? I might be a while finishing :P

Like CodeHelmet said. The event will end at the 31st of October, which means that the map won't be updated and no new curses will be given by me or ddrox. But the thread will be still accessible and I'll probably post the list with all the curses and room events here, so you can continue after that point either in Challenge Logs or in your blog.

But don't worry. We're slowly working on a new event.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
UPDATE: Earned Third Gym Badge

Curses
Embargo - May not use items in battle.
Starter Locke-May not use starter pokemon.

Team
Church , lvl 26
Inspiration: Undead Cat, Stephen King's Pet Sematary
Spr_5b_510.png

Fake Out
Pursuit
Hone Claws
Fury Swipes

Nightmare, lvl 27
Inspiration: Night Mare mythology.
Spr_5b_523.png

Flame Charge
Spark
Quick Attack
Thunder Wave

Senehem, lvl 26
Inspiration: God of Locusts and Plague
Spr_5b_541.png

Razor Leaf
Bug Bite
Struggle Bug
String Shot

Now I will interact with the statue!

Also, thanks for clarifying about the mix-up with the curse map :) EDIT: Ignore this last line;serves me right for copy-pasting from my last update, haha

Last edited:
Years
Like CodeHelmet said. The event will end at the 31st of October, which means that the map won't be updated and no new curses will be given by me or ddrox. But the thread will be still accessible and I'll probably post the list with all the curses and room events here, so you can continue after that point either in Challenge Logs or in your blog.

All right. I can die roll the curses then when the 31st is up.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022

Yikes I best get a move on.
This sickness has really slowed me down.

Years
Now I will interact with the statue!

Tyroar is not hungry!
You don't want to taste my delicious meal? Okay, I hope you'll enjoy to see your Pokémon fainting.

Well, while you're looking at the statue, its eyes start glowing bright red. Suddenly, you're not in the dinning room. You're in the small room with a TV and another statue. Or is it the same statue?

If you don't feel like watching TV, you can go to the rooms 5 or 31.

Back