• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

//Map of the Week\\ - Vote for it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I vote for Vrai's map.
    Minus the mailbox error the map's mountains are incredibly random which makes it a total win
    VRAI FTW

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I vote for sasquatchd00d's map.
    Everything about it is phenomenal... it's just, sheer perfection! The shape, the playability...
    He definitely knows how to make a kickass map :D

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    I vote for sasquatchd00d's map.

I utterly despise caves. They infuriate me no end. They take forever to get through, there are no "safe" places to walk where you don't run into wild Pokémon, and all you can get are Zubat, rock-types, ground-types, Zubat, sometimes Machop, and Zubat. And yet, sasquatchd00d's map looks so nice, I really want to play it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Crap, I'm a week late! Why didn't anyone TELL ME!!!???
    Anyway, the winner or winners this week are Thrace's Map and sasquatchd00d's Map!
    Congratulations guys!

Votes:
    Thrace and sasquatchd00d's Maps - 2 votes(tie)
    iPro and Vrai's Maps - 1 vote(tie)

Let me edit the post.
    They're up. Happy voting~

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I'll vote for neti's map. I just love everythng about it how the grass is placed, the way vegetation was put on the mountian, and tiles.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I vote for sasquatchd00d's map. I've stated the reasons before, but I might as well do it again. His mapping is a great balance of naturalness, and playability. Not too many of those maps these days! ;)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    You may NOT: Ask why your map wasn't chosen, I assure you, I have a good reason.
    I'm sure you do.

Anyways, I vote for sasquatchd00d's map.
    Reason: Well, to be honest, there weren't a whole lot of really outstanding maps this round and it came down to this map and Neti's. And I don't think Neti needs ANOTHER award to realize that he's good at mapping, do you? But on the specific map, it's just a great map with a unique underlying concept. I remembering correcting a large number of tile errors and he came back and fixed (most) of them, showing how truly dedicated he is towards the perfection of his maps. The large quantity of block edits also backs up that fact. The usage of green paths could be improved but I really like the dirt path and the way it dribbles over from level to level.
    I think that a good enough reason :D

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I'm picking Neti's map. Although I dont like the palettes and maybe it could use one or two more tiles, the route looks well designed, nothing too complicated to navigate, but the distribution of tiles gives the impression of it being harder. The other maps looked a bit too simple compared to this one.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    I vote for Neti's map. The colours are outstanding, the shape of the path is original, and the forested mountain side looks very natural.

Edit: Why can't we judge a map by its palette? I think good tiles and colours make a map what it is. Consider the leap from Pokemon Red and Green to Fire Red and Leaf Green: nothing more than a palette change, which made it far easier on the eyes, and made the maps look better.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    I vote for Neti's map. The colours are outstanding, the shape of the path is original, and the forested mountain side looks very natural.

Edit: Why can't we judge a map by its palette? I think good tiles and colours make a map what it is. Consider the leap from Pokemon Red and Green to Fire Red and Leaf Green: nothing more than a palette change, which made it far easier on the eyes, and made the maps look better.
    there is a palette and tile rating thread for that
    its no contest, but still
    this one is to rate the mapping skills, eg paths, mountains, tree placement

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
    I vote for Disturbed's map because... well... It looks good and I like the water being there, somehow... idk

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Hmmmm... I dont like to disagree, but, a map is not just about the placement of stuff. Everything in the map counts (and that includes how it looks overall, including the tiles used and the color of palettes)
    Of course, just liking palettes isnt enough, but I wanted to make a point :)

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Hmmmm... I dont like to disagree, but, a map is not just about the placement of stuff. Everything in the map counts (and that includes how it looks overall, including the tiles used and the color of palettes)
    Of course, just liking palettes isnt enough, but I wanted to make a point :)
    yup i agree with that
    anyway the tiles and palettes are not reated in this thread... i did not make that rule

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I never said you can't vote on just palettes and tiles. That's okay, as long as you have a strong reason why you like that map.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back