• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

//Map of the Week\\ - Vote for it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • My vote: Neti's map
    Reason: Well I like the build of the map, the way the mountain works with the map is very nice! And just the placing of the houses is pretty neat :D (but I have to say they're a bit cropped)
    But enough info I think it's crlear that I really like the map XP

:edit:
    Maybe a little fast as the week is only beginning but I feel like NEti's map is gonna win (A) no offence to the other maps/mappers ofcourse ;)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm going to tell which maps i don't like and why first, that way people will know what is wrong with their maps.

Alizee's map: it looks nice and all, but the fact that the mountains are so symmetrical bothers me.
    not to mention that there is a lack of trees spread out on the left side of the city.
    Dratii's map:I like it, and it looks very natural, but i just don't like the fact that it seems so roomy.
    Caves are supposed to be dark, damp, and crowded, which this map just doesn't seem to offer.
    Darzeroone's map: I like it, and it seems reall well made.
    but like before, i can't stand the fact that parts of it are perfectly symmetrical.
    TBpro's map:the mountains are placed nicely and neatly, but i just don't like the huge empty space in the mountains, not to forget that most of the mountains were plagued by rocks.It looks like a crater hit it.

I'm almost done.I vote for neti's map
    This is why.
    Neti's map: It looks really nice, and very mountainous like a snow city is supposed to be.
    The placements of trees is very nice also.I just don't like the comment on it.
    "Comments: Some people call it "Silver Wing City". When coming here, you got to visit the public pool or the famous Pokemon Lab!"

I didn't see a pool around anywhere, so i was guessing that it was the frozen lake water.
    I doubt people would want to dive in a pool that was frozen for a long time, giving them a certain chance of frostbite if they take a dive. Neti should make it a naturally made skating rink, if anything, because a public pool just doesn't work in a snowy region.If the public pool is inside the blue roofed building, forget this whole post then. Other than that, i don't feel like the buildings should be placed so close to an ledge, someone could get hurt. Not to mention that its really crowded for the front of a house.
    *phew*
    and thats all.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • I'm going to tell which maps i don't like and why first, that way people will know what is wrong with their maps.

Alizee's map: it looks nice and all, but the fact that the mountains are so symmetrical bothers me.
    not to mention that there is a lack of trees spread out on the left side of the city.
    Dratii's map:I like it, and it looks very natural, but i just don't like the fact that it seems so roomy.
    Caves are supposed to be dark, damp, and crowded, which this map just doesn't seem to offer.
    Darzeroone's map: I like it, and it seems reall well made.
    but like before, i can't stand the fact that parts of it are perfectly symmetrical.
    TBpro's map:the mountains are placed nicely and neatly, but i just don't like the huge empty space in the mountains, not to forget that most of the mountains were plagued by rocks.It looks like a crater hit it.

I'm almost done.I vote for neti's map
    This is why.
    Neti's map: It looks really nice, and very mountainous like a snow city is supposed to be.
    The placements of trees is very nice also.I just don't like the comment on it.
    "Comments: Some people call it "Silver Wing City". When coming here, you got to visit the public pool or the famous Pokemon Lab!"

I didn't see a pool around anywhere, so i was guessing that it was the frozen lake water.
    I doubt people would want to dive in a pool that was frozen for a long time, giving them a certain chance of frostbite if they take a dive. Neti should make it a naturally made skating rink, if anything, because a public pool just doesn't work in a snowy region.If the public pool is inside the blue roofed building, forget this whole post then. Other than that, i don't feel like the buildings should be placed so close to an ledge, someone could get hurt. Not to mention that its really crowded for the front of a house.
    *phew*
    and thats all.
    the big blue building is the public pool^^
    why should a public pool be outside in a snowy region?
    thx for the vote anyway

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    the big blue building is the public pool^^
    why should a public pool be outside in a snowy region?
    thx for the vote anyway

I really don't know either, but i think a skating rink would fit it better.
    after all, if you left early and were still wet, you would freeze up, and the change in temperature would change dramatically.
    I think it would be better if you put the public pool in an oasis city.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • I really don't know either, but i think a skating rink would fit it better.
    after all, if you left early and were still wet, you would freeze up, and the change in temperature would change dramatically.
    I think it would be better if you put the public pool in an oasis city.
    this is getting a bit offtpoic now, we shouldnt discuss this in this thread

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Nice, my map is up and already got 2 votes^^
    but the competition is hard, those are like the maps that caught my eye for the review in the rhn, but in the end i chose the first motw winner
    well, since i cant vote for my own map (it would be stupid if i could :p), im gonna be fair and vote for Alizée Jacotey's map, cause it was my number 2 choice for the rhn review an i like the slight palette changes that were made as well as the inserted tiles and the placement of houses and paths.

btw Wind what about me making the userbars now?
    Nah, it's okay. Like I said, the prize isn't all that special.
    what exactly are you trying to tell us?^^
    Also, if there's useless spam inhere, just ignore it, cause now, when I tally up the votes next Saturday, I'm gonna add an: Ignored Spam section! xD

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • Nah, it's okay. Like I said, the prize isn't all that special.

Also, if there's useless spam inhere, just ignore it, cause now, when I tally up the votes next Saturday, I'm gonna add an: Ignored Spam section! xD

I mean: SHould I make the Userbars for the Winners? Im very experienced in that

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Like I said, it's okay.
    I can do it.
    I make some from amity source, but add new colors. ;D

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
  • I vote for Neti's Map. It really set the mood for a rocky, snowy terrain. The palettes and tiles are perfect. The map is compact, but not cramped. I just love it!~ =)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Oh, yea, of course it will go on! ^^
    This will last at least a little longer than 50 weeks, hopefully! xD

EDIT: Let's keep this on topic now. ;D

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I vote for dratii's map.

Its probably the most beautiful cave map I've seen. It looks totally natural and there are very few things I would change about it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I vote for Dratii's map, because it just made me go WHOA! It is by far better than I could do in a cave, and is the best cave map I have ever seen in my life. Also, it's about time we get a cave instead of constant towns/routes.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • seems like the voting is getting close this week!
    could someone count the votes please? i got to write a map review for the rhn now^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back