• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

//Map of the Week\\ - Vote for it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    As always, first the ones I didnt pick:

Xray's map: Looks like a first town, apparently. The main problem here is: if it is the first town and you already have a house without a door... :\
    Dont have any bigger complains about the map. At least I like that distribution of trees (left and bottom borders), but I'll pay more attention to non first town maps, they require a bit more of work.

cooley's map: What I liked about the map is the size, but, personally I think that trees in the middle of that gray road thing or whatever it is dont combine, at all. In fact, I really dislike that gray path thing. I'm also still asking myself if it looks well to have houses in that horizontally aligned way.
    Maybe it was a bad choice in some tiles, just my opinion.

Pichu-kun's map: As far as I know flowers dont grow in cement. It's a quite small town map, so probably it's another first town map.
    I'm against that use of the fences behind EACH house. Why would I not be able to walk behind the houses?
    Other than that, the palettes were nice, as the pick of two different house styles for the same town.

Austinia's map: Not like it was too planned (more like it was just stuff placed around), but perhaps that's what makes the map look more natural. Maybe it'd be better to have one or two additional tiles in the map (small rocks would definitely fit), it's just "too green" in my opinion.

And the one I pick as my vote is...

Lucario9's map: Dont like the border trees (somewhat original, but still dont like). I think a bench in the middle of the road is also original (although I dont think it's too "realistic"). The map may have been more complicated but it's ok if it is one of the first routes.
    I'm voting for this one since I like how the different levels were used, and because he used many different tiles and the map doesnt look too "overloaded".

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    This week, the winner is Lucario 9's map.
    Congratulations buddy. :)

Votes:
    Lucario 9's Map - 6 votes
    My Map - 3 votes
    Austinia's Map - 2 votes

I have the new maps up now, happy voting! :D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I'm voting for Wichu's map, because the palettes are simply amazing, it looks like alot of hard work was done, and overall, the tiles fit the environment very well.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Wichu's map. Great tiles used, and the shape of the map is great. I like the placement of houses. It seems he put a lot of work in it.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    ~Fire gets my vote, because he put a lot of time in it, and it's very hard to make such a map. Wichu is really close, but not as good.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Hmm...I wonder if Mike forgot about this thread? P.S. I vote for Wichu's Map. Reason(s): Great tiles. Placement of trees was great. I just loved this map.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Sorry guys, I've been busy. :<
    This is gonna be postponed till I wake up on Tuesday, because it's Veteran's Day and there's no school! :D
    Again, truly sorry.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Hey guys, Mike asked me to do this weeks MotW.
    The winner of this week is: Wichu's Map!
    Congradualtions!

Votes:
    Wichu's Map - 3 votes
    Fire's Map - 2 votes
    (Tied)Element's map, Time's map, Woofer's Map - 0 votes x_x

I'll pick some maps, and PM them to Mike.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Thank you ¿TB Pro™! ^^

Everyone, you have 2 days to vote, before voting is closed, sorry. :/

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I vote for Disturbed's map. It has some great tiles, and the shape is fantastic. Also, the palettes are great.
    I like the placements of the houses, and trees.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    I vote for Satoushis Map, because of the reasons i already mentioned on the map rating thread:
    The map itsself als well as the tiles used is just brilliant.
    it has a nice structure and shape, its variedand the placement of stuff is genius.
    also the tiles have been inserted very professionally.
    but you could have linked the betetr version of the map, the link goes to the old one which has minor mistakes reagrding the stairs, pokecenter and mart

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    My Vote: Disturbed's Map

Reason(s): The map shape is good. He placed the trees perfectly. The path is great. He used the space up wisely.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Lol, with a quick 3 votes, the winner is Disturbed.
    Congrats again~

Votes:
    Disturbed's Map - 2 votes
    ~Satoshi Sugimori~'s Map - 1 vote

I will get the new maps posted soon. ;P

Okay, I've added them.
    Keep on voting~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    My vote goes to the dude with the funny hard to remember name. Haelfafa or something?

For a newbie mapper, this is a fantastic map. The palettes are wonderful, and the map itself is gorgeous.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Why did no-one tell me I was entered in this? I shouldn't have won; my map wasn't even eligible (I think).
    Why? It's made in RPG Maker XP, a program nothing to do with hacking. In short, it's not from a hack. Which means you should give the prize to ~Fire, not me.
    If you're thinking "why did I post it here?", then it's because I saw some others posting RMXP maps. I stopped because I guess the others at Game Dev didn't like it :S Sorry for the confusion!

Oh, and I have improved the tiles drastically since I posted here; a screen with them can be found in my thread :P

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    My vote goes for haefeles Map
    Reason: Even though hes so new to this forum, his map is way better than most maps i see on the map rating thread
    the colors are really bright, what i like (most people use very dark or gray palettes, thats not so cool :D)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back