• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Posting my map here!

Map Name:
    Marmoria Town - Pending
    Base Rom:
    Fire Red
    Comments:
    This map may be in my hack, Pokemon, Obsidian.
    And Guess what! Its the last town in the Alpha!
    Any Tile Error, please Post, as i wanna fix them.

Also, the orange building is:
    A PC
    And upstairs.. a LAB!

And that little stand is a Mart.

My Tree Placement is legendary!
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Spoiler:

I noticed some tile errors. Fix them, and I will rate it again later.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    One (two, actually) new maps to rate:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

This is the Forbidden land. It's made in FireRed, Project Theta rombase.
    It has no grass because the player doesn't have a Pokemon at this point.
    And, this is the ONLY night map in the game. The dark soil is for... secret!

Map Rating/Review Thread

This is 120 hours later. The soil has dried and the mansion... disappeared.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I present to you all, another map.
    There wasn't much left to add, so here it is! Gravala Town!
    Spoiler:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Rating of Vrai's Map:

Yes, use:
    [h1]TEXT GOES HERE[/h1]

That, when used does this:

You have to put text here, or no line will show up... Sorry

But, that is off topic... and, now to be on topic, here is my map.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Click on the text "MAP INFO" to see my map's information.
    Hover over the map with your mouse for additional information

Last edited:

пзо

zzirRusty
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    New Improved

Map name: [IMPROVED] Marmoria Town
    Comments:
    This is the third town of pokemon obsidian. And before the old one sucked, so
    I made a new one. Hope you like!
    please note that, the seccont tree of the tile set, is found Rare in some Towns/citys.
    and that the white part of the mountain is the worn out parts.
    Yes I SEE THE ERROR!
    Base:
    Fire Red
    Map Shot:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years

Rating of пзо's Map

Spoiler:

Comments:
    I think this is the best rating someone received with my new rating system, congratulations!
    If you werent already working on a hack i would ask you to join Lucario9 who is curretnly trying to find some talented hackers to found a team and finally stay with a hack^^
    There are only minor mistakes:

Natural Sense: The trees are standing in rows at some parts, which I dont like. You can expandd the border tiles in the map header (professional view) so you can always use the good tiles that you used at some parts on the map.

No Tile Errors: Check these things:
    Spoiler:

for the mountains that meet the grass you can use those grass tiles that you normally place at the border to water when the grass is under the water. it looks nice then.
    and correct the mountain errors, theyre really easy to see^^

also, please save your image as a png or a 100% quality jpg next time ;-)

пзо

zzirRusty
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    I didnt rate the white part of the mountain bad
    check the image

edit: youre right i circled it
    but still the other moutnian things are errors

I got the best rating from the system so far xD
    Thanks Neti, you've boosted my confidence =D

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Map Name: Road 1
    Map Game: Blaze Emotion
    Map Comments: I would like this map be rated by Neti please. (But if anyone rates it their opinion would be helpful).
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Hoshiko Aki

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    Map Name: CUSCO TOWN
    Map Game: Fire red
    Comments: none
    Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

©Alistair and Arm♠nd for rombase

Neti

Inactive
    Years

Rating of Alizée Jacotey's Map

Spoiler:

Comments:
    Not much to say, its a good map besides the things i will point out now.

Overall Look & Idea: It looks good, but besides the ruin entrance theres like nothing special on the map that makes it worth remembering...

No straight lines: This sis the first mistake I noticed: that mountain that crosses the route is nearly completely straight. that looks so unnatural and its really diusturbing the feeling of the map

пзо

zzirRusty
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Final Version MARMORIA TOWN

Hello! I have a final version of Marmoria town.
    Hack from
    Fire red.
    Comments
    Please Inform me of any tile errors. I hope you guys like, because this map will be in pokemon Obsidian.

Again the White parts are the worn out parts.
    (Hopefully ill get a higher rating from neti)
    (Photobucket keeps saving my maps as JPEG)

Map Rating/Review Thread

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Hello! I have a final version of Marmoria town.
    Hack from
    Fire red.
    Comments
    Please Inform me of any tile errors. I hope you guys like, because this map will be in pokemon Obsidian.

Again the White parts are the worn out parts.
    (Hopefully ill get a higher rating from neti)
    (Photobucket keeps saving my maps as JPEG)

Map Rating/Review Thread
    actually i dont like to rate a map twice, even though its an edited version
    but i have a tip for you:
    there are some free providers that give webspace away for free.
    the reason why they do that is that if you place a website on the webspace there will be popups, so they get the money back.
    well, if you just use it for uploading images, that popups wont bother you
    i use a free server of ohost (nareas.na.ohost.de) with 250gb webspace wo uplaod my images.
    i do have other servers that i pay for, but i dont want to use them for romhacking stuff cause its only a hobby and those serers are used for serious stuff ^^
    for uplaoding your images there you would need an ftp client (i recommend filezilla) to upload stuff.
    if thats all to complicated for you, im sure you will find an imagehosting service that doesnt change the format to jpg on the internet
    a classmate of mine owns the biggest german imagehosting service, but i think he sold it... lol... it should be possible there but i fotgot the url^^
    maybe i can find it out, ill let you know then

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2011
    Map Name - Note Town
    Map Game - Fire Red
    Comments - My first map. I know it's a little square, but it felt a little claustrophobic to me when I took up more space. It's a pretty basic beginning town.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Neti

Inactive
    Years

Rating of Disturbed's Map

Spoiler:

Comments: I hate your for this map xD
    I just cant find a reason to deduct points anywhere!
    at least its not as freaky as the map you showed to me and haefele and our msn chat ;-)
    well... i have to thank you, i dont have to explain why i deducted points now... lol^^
    i hope your life finally has a meaning now xD

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Map name: [IMPROVED] Marmoria Town
    Comments:
    This is the third town of pokemon obsidian. And before the old one sucked, so
    I made a new one. Hope you like!
    please note that, the seccont tree of the tile set, is found Rare in some Towns/citys.
    and that the white part of the mountain is the worn out parts.
    Yes I SEE THE ERROR!
    Base:
    Fire Red
    Map Shot:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Rating: 3/10 (Hm, you got Neti's highest rating and my lowest? Strange how that works...)

Reason: Frankly, I was quite shocked to see Neti giving this map such a good rating. To be blunt, it's quite bad. First and foremost, the tile errors are blatant and vast in number. Although Neti pointed out some of them, there were still quite a few that he missed. For example, the hideous, truly awful tree error on the east edge of the map. I honestly cringed when I saw that. Your use of the mountain tiles is just terrible. The physical impossibilities are so seriously disturbing, to even consider of a 9.2 rating is absurd (I'm looking at you, Neti). If I were to make a picture like Neti did with all of the mapping errors highlighted, you wouldn't be able to see the map. Harsh, yes, but someone needs to speak out before this page is lost like all the others.

A Net Center and a PokéCetner? A little much don't you think? Your tree shading (or lack thereof) is poor. Also, you can't just transition straight from grass to mountain tile. The same goes for differing mountain shades. You used two different types of paths. Grass in towns is frowned upon, even in unreachable areas. You used only one grass tile, save for a handful of tiles here and there. You have a cave entrance that leads to nothing. This would be okay if you were going to put a pokéball there but there is no room for that. My guess is that you made this map without taking gameplay and storyline into consideration. Your use of cave entrances seems to suggest exactly that.

Suggestions:
    Look at a mapping tutorial. Any one at all.

P.S. Please don't take any of this personally. I know it's hard (even I struggle with it) but very little of what I write in a critical manner is written out of anger or hate. Take this as constructive criticism.
    --------------------

@Neti
    100% for Disturbed's map? You've gotta be kidding me. I can give a few reasons to deduct points if you're really having that much trouble.

What a bleak post for my 100th one :\

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Rating: 3/10 (Hm, you got Neti's highest rating and my lowest? Strange how that works...)

Reason: Frankly, I was quite shocked to see Neti giving this map such a good rating. To be blunt, it's quite bad. First and foremost, the tile errors are blatant and vast in number. Although Neti pointed out some of them, there were still quite a few that he missed. For example, the hideous, truly awful tree error on the east edge of the map. I honestly cringed when I saw that. Your use of the mountain tiles is just terrible. The physical impossibilities are so seriously disturbing, to even consider of a 9.2 rating is absurd (I'm looking at you, Neti). If I were to make a picture like Neti did with all of the mapping errors highlighted, you wouldn't be able to see the map. Harsh, yes, but someone needs to speak out before this page is lost like all the others.

A Net Center and a PokéCetner? A little much don't you think? Your tree shading (or lack thereof) is poor. Also, you can't just transition straight from grass to mountain tile. The same goes for differing mountain shades. You used two different types of paths. Grass is towns is frowned upon, even in unreachable areas. You used only one grass tile, save for a handful of tiles here and there. You have a cave entrance that leads to nothing. This would be okay if you were going to put a pokéball there but there is no room for that. My guess is that you made this map without taking gameplay and storyline into consideration. Your use of cave entrances seems to suggest exactly that.

Suggestions: Look at a mapping tutorial. Any one at all.

--------------------

@Neti
    100% for Disturbed's map? You've gotta be kidding me. I can give a few reasons to deduct points if you're really having that much trouble.

What a bleak post for my 100th one :\

Wow, harsh. But I see what your saying honostley when i saw that rating from neti it made me wonder if expectations from map making have changed. I think there may be a flaw in netis new rating system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back