• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    I've decided to post this forest because I doubt I'll use it for Distant, due to it's amazing difficulty. Ah well ><
    Here is the biggest map I ever posted on this thread. Don't judge by it's huge amount of unplayability. It's meant to be nearly impossible. :D
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wow that forest is amazing. Good job on it. Its really difficult. Um maybe add some more of those flower things and add maybe some paths.
    8/10

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I've decided to post this forest because I doubt I'll use it for Distant, due to it's amazing difficulty. Ah well ><
    Here is the biggest map I ever posted on this thread. Don't judge by it's huge amount of unplayability. It's meant to be nearly impossible. :D
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

worked it out :P nice one disturbed the ting was difficult for sure but it was a little plane also if you were playing through the random battles would probably make you get lost very easily still the chalange was refreshing so 8/10

michaelh

Script Ninja-in-training
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    can someone please rate me this map i really want to know whats good and bad about it

7/10

Pros:

• Really nice custom tileset
    • Good layout of route

Cons:
    • Some tiles don't quite look correct.

Unfortunately, I do not have 15 posts so I cannot post images to correct this. I will PM you them instead.

If you fixed those I could confidently give you a 9/10 :)

Hope this helps,
    Mike

EDIT: PM Sent. Check your inbox.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Guys another one xD:
    Map Name: Florem Town
    Map Game: Firered / Solarium
    Map Rating/Review Thread

I should remove those fences right ? =/

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • Guys another one xD:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

WOW! You came back from the break!
    the map is nice and playable ,but remove some of the fences(or all) and replace them with some trees, beacouse the map would be too square then.If you are making with fences then make the same fences!
    Overall:
    9.5/10
    Suggestions: Do as I told you :P

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    7/10

Pros:

• Really nice custom tileset
    • Good layout of route

Cons:
    • Some tiles don't quite look correct.

Unfortunately, I do not have 15 posts so I cannot post images to correct this. I will PM you them instead.

If you fixed those I could confidently give you a 9/10 :)

Hope this helps,
    Mike

EDIT: PM Sent. Check your inbox.

thanks a lot
    i cant really see a way to fix to odd tile error type areas without them looking worse
    the tiles are a mix of mine and kyledove's i made the large trees and both types of grass normal and long but the rest are kyledove's

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Guys another one xD:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

7/10
    Yeah the fences look a little odd, i would take them out, spread the flowers out a bit more, have a little variation with the trees. Other than that a really nice little village.

***repost
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    7/10
    Yeah the fences look a little odd, i would take them out, spread the flowers out a bit more, have a little variation with the trees. Other than that a really nice little village.

***repost
    Map Rating/Review Thread

sorry but the pic it too small

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    theres nothing to click on. you try.

He was talking to the poster above him. -_-

As in, click on the thumbnail image.

Edit: xD

I didn't actually try it. Sorry 'bout that. Visored, you need to fix that link, 'cuz it doesn't connect. :D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Here is a map I made in Gold =D
    My second or third map ever in gold
    Oh, and on the corner of the mountains, that's how Nintendo did them, =P
    Spoiler:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Too much blank space 0m3GA. It is big enough as a city, but the space needs filling a little more. Try adding more buildings into it. The houses with a green roof have tile errors, so don't use them.

7/10

Actually, those houses are taken straight from Fire Red... no tile errors...
    And to anyone who asked, the Lake is there for a reason, it ties into the story, including the house placement, and messy grass around it.
    Everything in my map is there for a reason, and no, there are no border errors, I checked...

Anywho, I wanna rate...

Rejnbow's Map

Rejnbow said:
    Guys another one xD:

Map Rating/Review Thread

I give this map a good 9/10
    I like the Fences to be honest, makes it seem more of a town instead of a village.
    I like hte house placement and paths work well.
    Keep it up!

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    Map Name - Edge City
    Map Game - Ruby

Map Rating/Review Thread

Note - Has a few tile problems caused by using the default tiles (eg. left side of gym.) And, yes, cities usually dont have tall grass, but i wanted a garden, and all the same flowers looked bad, will be fixed with new tileset. Its inaccessible anyway.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I'm bumping myself to this page since, my map was ignored,
    and nobody rates maps from the previous pages.

Well, it's a good remake. There are no tile errors, and it's Olivine as I remember it.

...Which leads me to wonder whether I remember it at all.

Nonetheless, it's a good remake, but the lighthouse's proportions are dodgy-looking.

9/10

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Map Name - Edge City
    Map Game - Ruby

Map Rating/Review Thread

Note - Has a few tile problems caused by using the default tiles (eg. left side of gym.) And, yes, cities usually dont have tall grass, but i wanted a garden, and all the same flowers looked bad, will be fixed with new tileset. Its inaccessible anyway.
    This seems incredibly quite and peaceful :) maybye make it a bit more spaced out great work though :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back