• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
CollinP=

The pallets are Hurting my eyes. @_@
It is square-like.
rating: 3/10

comments: ____look mapping tutorials.
Thank you for the honesty, i will change the squareness but..... how do i change the pallet? Cuz I Hate It To...... Should I Just Remake It (fixing bugs) With Another Rom Base?

Here Is Try Three
Hopewell Valley
Fire Red
Insults= Helpful
same stuff
I Did 2 To Ask Which Pallets Do You All Like? That Would Help Me

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
i have edit abit from this map which i post not long ago...
Name:Tauprey Town
Fire red
comment...i edit the doors and the bikes...
Spoiler:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Here Is Try Three
Hopewell Valley
Fire Red
Insults= Helpful
same stuff
I Did 2 To Ask Which Pallets Do You All Like? That Would Help Me
The second one is much better palette-wise. Keep working on the actual map though.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Thank you for the honesty, i will change the squareness but..... how do i change the pallet? Cuz I Hate It To...... Should I Just Remake It (fixing bugs) With Another Rom Base?

Sorry,but i don't know nothing about pallets. X.x

for your second map.
Better tiles,but you've left free space.
rating: 4/10

comment/suggestion: Don't leave too much free space,and there is an un-normal mistake in the cave.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years
Ok, here's my map

Name: Boldur Shrine
Comments: This is the shrine of a deceased Golem which was Marty's, the Gym Leader of Boldur City. The evil team, Team Chaos kidnapped it as a Graveler and made it evolve.
Marty got it back fortunatly, however in a battle when team Chaos tried to kidnap it again, it accidently called a Rock slide and neatly killed Marty. It sacrificed itself to save his trainer and the Chaos grunts were arrested. Marty never forgot this act or his faitful Pokemon so he made a shrine for it.

Spoiler:

I got skipped again :(
Please rate.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
Sorry,but i don't know nothing about pallets. X.x

for your second map.
Better tiles,but you've left free space.
rating: 4/10

comment/suggestion: Don't leave too much free space,and there is an un-normal mistake in the cave.
What Mistake? And Also, How Would You Suggest Filling The Free Space?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
MY map is skipped again...lol...
Fire red
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
What Mistake? And Also, How Would You Suggest Filling The Free Space?

Trees my friend.Fill the empty space with trees,bushes,and grass,check my maps to see how i do that.
And search the mistake in the entrance of the cave.

MY map is skipped again...lol...
Fire red
Spoiler:

map: I see you fixed some mistakes.You placed the rocks more natural,and i see you're learning very fast.
rating: 5/10

comments= fill the empty space,and make the road to reach every
house.

5/10
All you did was change the doors and change it from 18 to 11 which is still ridiculous.

Come on,its not ridiculus,Think what ageangel would think if he sees that.

Here are some of my maps.I made all of them in 1 hour.
Credits: The tiles of Never
Thanks to the masterofpuppets for the mapshots
Its Ruby the rombase.
These maps are for a certain series of pokemon.They are not series of hacks,they are series of Videos,Anti Virus.

This is a simple map,i made it for fun,don't tell me that it don't have a way out,i know it.i made it in 10 min.
Spoiler:

The second map is a simple route.I made it in 17 minutes.
Spoiler:

The third map is a clearing in the relic forest.There are some relics,as you can see.

Spoiler:

The last map is a lake.It took me 2 hours to make.

Spoiler:

Thats all for now,i hope you like them.

Taz Maverick

Inactive
Years
These maps are great,Ray!!!So,i'm gonna rate them. ^^

The first map is a simple,nice clearing in the forest.Good,i like it.
rating: 6,89/10

the second map is a good looking route.
rating: 7,52/10

the third map is the relics.Not my taste,but good.
rating: 7,13/10

the last map is this amazing lake.Awesome!!
rating: 9,39/10

suggestions: none,i see no mapping mistakes. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
Map Name: Windchime Village

Map Game: Pokémon Fire Red

Comments: This is the first map I have tried to do for my first hack called "Pokémon Duality", this is the starter town, and took quite some time. I have had only a small amount of experience in mapping like this.

Spoiler:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
@Ray~About time I see some of your maps...

First One~Urm...How do you get in and out...I can't see a clear way...
Rating~7/10
Suggestions~Make a clear Entrance...

Second~Hm...Too straight forward...I see nothing in your way that makes you wind off the Dirt road...
Rating~5/10
Suggestions~Its too straight forward...Try putting in obstacles...Its also a little plain...

Third...~Too Straight forward...And not too many Relics...Although I like the Dead trees...
Rating~7/10
Suggestions~Put more relics in...Its suppose to be in a Relic clearing...Yet all I see is one...

Finally Fourth~...This one is real good...And It does look like you put alot of time into it...(2 hours)...
Rating~9.5/10
Suggestions~None...:)

@Paul~

Map Name: Windchime Village~Okay...I have some Issues...Like the house behind the Pokemon Center has half a window...I also find It Strange that The Pokecenter and Mart Have House doors...And the fenced in house...If your look at the grass near the House below it...There are two tile errors...
Rating~7/10
Suggestions~Fix the errors I pointed out...If you want to leave the Center and Mart with those doors...Thats fine...:)

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years
Please rate....

Name: Boldur Shrine
Comments: This is the shrine of a deceased Golem which was Marty's, the Gym Leader of Boldur City. The evil team, Team Chaos kidnapped it as a Graveler and made it evolve.
Marty got it back fortunatly, however in a battle when team Chaos tried to kidnap it again, it accidently called a Rock slide and neatly killed Marty. It sacrificed itself to save his trainer and the Chaos grunts were arrested. Marty never forgot this act or his faitful Pokemon so he made a shrine for it.

Spoiler:

I hate to be a nag but this is the second time I got skipped for this map:\. I really want it rated as it's for my hack. Please rate.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
I hate to be a nag but this is the second time I got skipped for this map:\. I really want it rated as it's for my hack. Please rate.
i'm stupid with maps and probobly don't know what i'm saying, but i say 9/10..... (9 cuz those 2 trees sorta urk me)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Well, due to request, and steady decline in map quality... here's a map I'm sure some of you will recognize, and hopefully steer some of you in a better direction.

I present to you my best map to date, and to ever surface this planet :D
Birolis
BirolisCity.png

*scurries away*

mattattack

Huh, Son?
Years
Well, due to request, and steady decline in map quality... here's a map I'm sure some of you will recognize, and hopefully steer some of you in a better direction.

Birolis
BirolisCity.png

*scurries away*

WOAH really great map I'd give it a 10/10

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009

Birolis
BirolisCity.png

*scurries away*
100/10 OMGIGITY (no, not really)
i give it a 10 cuz it's awesome- how did you get the D/P Tiles?
Also, It Has Very Nice Structure And A Nice Layout- I'm Sure This Map Is Every Mappers Wet Dream

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Birolis
Spoiler:

*scurries away*

Your map is 640x640 in size, so wrap a SPOILER tag around it next time...
COMMENT: It's a very wonderful map, no doubt.
RATING: 9/10
SUGGESTION: Nothing, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back