• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    My map

My another map
    Name:West Village
    Info:This is a map i make for fun..
    Rate it guys..
    Spoiler:

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
    My another map
    Name:West Village
    Info:This is a map i make for fun..
    Rate it guys..
    Spoiler:
    Its a nice map, but the trees are a little to even for my liking. They seem a little squarely placed. I'm not really sure what else to say about it ^^ I'd give it a.... 7.5/10?

kingfisher309

I lurrve zubat =D
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    My Map

Map name = Route - 2

Hack name : Pokemon Springvale Legacies

Original hack = SHINYGOLLLLLLD =D

rate it plox

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
    I was skipped. Please rate, guys! I need them to be perfect and playable!

First map: It's too random. House placement is bad, spread them out. Use all grass tiles and fill up the empty spaces. I'll give you a 7.3 for this map.

Second map: Again, too random. Make a path, don't spread the flowers too much. 6.7 for this one.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    Rate time for me now plz?

Pretty nice. It's a good size, everything is well spaced, and the mountainsides look fantastic. I've always liked towns on sloping ground. It would be visually appealing if not for the tile errors. (Excuse me if it's already been said.) Waterfalls should have two horizontal layers of tiles - look at the original R/S/E maps. If the second layer is missing, it doesn't look much like a waterfall. Also, the 'river' water looks very strange next to the 'ocean' water. Use the same dark blue tiles for the river that you do for the ocean - I'm pretty sure R/S/E does the same thing. Your grassy paths are pretty well done, but I think they would look better shorter and placed more spontaneously. The round bushes on the mountain slopes bug me, personally, because well-clipped bushes don't belong in the wild.

7.5/10

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Map Name: Northcote City

Map Game: Pokemon Firered\Pokemon Omega

Comments: Please don't rate based on the mountains, I'll be fixing them soon.
    I know about the tile errors on the bikes, they have been fixed, so again, don't rate based on them

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
    Map Name: Salikawood

Map Game: Pokemon: WARPED (base rom: Fire Red)
    Spoiler:

Please rate, and be honest. :D

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
    I worked the whole day at this tileset and the palettes etc... That was really hard oO
    Anyways here's the map:
    Map Name: -
    Map Game: FireRed (German)
    Credits:
    -Cloud
    -Alistair
    -Zel!x
    -Xiros
    Comments: I made the tiles of the houses by myself^_^

Mapshot:

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    MASTEROFPUPPETS:

8/10

I love the map, and you seemed to have done well with the pallette/tileset.

The rating *would* be higher but the Houses look a bit messed up. The line between the roof tiles looks weird, and the houses don't look deep enough (front to back) they could probably do with another layer.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Map Name: Route 202
    ROM Base: Fire Red BPRE
    Hack: Pokémon Enigma
    Credits: Xiros, Kyledove, rhevarhe_duh, Wesley FG, Saurav
    Comments:
    I wanted to experiment with a bridge over a canyon with trees under it. I think it worked out well. If you look closely at the bridge, there is a block edit error that I'm currently working on fixing. So don't mark me down for it. ^_^
    Also, the bridge is being repaired when you first come through, so you must go through the cave.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    Comments:
    I wanted to experiment with a bridge over a canyon with trees under it. I think it worked out well. If you look closely at the bridge, there is a block edit error that I'm currently working on fixing. So don't mark me down for it. ^_^
    Also, the bridge is being repaired when you first come through, so you must go through the cave.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    I like this map a lot. Does the player enter from the right? Anyway, I can't really see anything wrong, so 9.7/10... hehe, how about 10/10?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Comments:

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    If the error you're talking about is the bridge-over-mountain error, then don't worry about it. It is possible to fix it but even in the original games, they made the same "mistake". I figure if they do it that way in the real games, then it's technically correct.
    Well, for a canyon-type map, you sure are lacking some rocks. You've made good use of the 2x2 rocks but I couldn't find a single 1x1 rock. Grass placement is simply wonderful, though. The far east patch may be just a tad to big for my tastes but it's passable. I mean, the player is pretty much guaranteed to encounter a wild pokémon with a patch of that size. Unless, of course, that was what you were aiming for.
    Some tile errors:
    - Just west of the eastern cave entrance, the mountain corner tile has a grass bottom layer (which is kind of unavoidable)
    - If you start at the western end of the bridge, step one tile west and then go up, you'll run into an error where you used a "grass mountain" tile
    - Dang. I couldn't even find three ;)

Now I have to get back to my own mountainous route.

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
    Map Name: Route 1
    ROM Base: Fire Red
    Hack: None yet
    Credits: , Wesley FG,
    MASTEROFPUPPETS93
    Comments: I'm not new to mapping, but this is my first time posting a map here. Please judge honestly and tell me what to improve and such.

Mapshot: See attachment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back