• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    my another go

Name:Kamehame Town
    Info:My another go on mapping....
    Rate it guys...
    Spoiler:

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Name:Kamehame Town
    Info:My another go on mapping....
    Rate it guys...
    Spoiler:

Kamehameha! Dragonball Power! *grrr...*

Anyways...

Rating: 9/10

Reason: Lacking a few more details (just a few more) XD. But still, the simple scenery and organization of the elements of the map makes it beautiful to the naked eye. Good job. And I like the Map name. :)

Suggestion: Nothing much... A few more details will suit it perfectly.

What hack is this? Because the map name is stuck in my head.

P.S. XD

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    i was skipped (sorta) everything else is above

i sorta like it! it does look a little off, but the gym idea is nice!
    i don't really like the houses there- you could try to have grass on the mountain maybe?
    7/10

skipped again............ sorry for kinda nagging
    Map Town
    Fire Red
    I Was Bored

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Map Town
    Fire Red
    I Was Bored

Hmm...the fences forming the road are like squares.Watch it,fix it.
    Nice try though.
    rating: 4,28/10

sorry for the harsh rating,but i count the sight mistakes in the maps more than the mapping mistakes.

Last edited:

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
    Hmm...the fences forming the road are like squares.Watch it,fix it.
    Nice try though.
    rating: 6,59/10

sorry for the harsh rating,but i count the sight mistakes in the maps more than the mapping mistakes.
    Are you kiddding me, in what way was that even remotley harsh?
    Map Town
    Fire Red
    I Was Bored
    Does anyone else think that this looks a little too much like Slateport? Can we say edit?
    The water is really boring and emtpey, there's practically no detail or effort whatsoever in it.
    I can spot a large number of path errors, and while I'm at it, there are WAY to many of them, there's also way too much emptey space in the paths, and all around the map in general.
    3/10

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Finally updated my map, soz for early versions I was pretty lame at posting an unfinished map.

BTW, those are lakeside terraces on northern lake, the shop going to the left exit on the map is a shop for your dormitory at school, The lake view house is the Dean's retreat, going south is Endigo Port, going to the East is the rest of the Endigo Academy, and the science building in the clearing near the lake is the Endigo Research Team's Main Base.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Now,Panda,this looks better!
    rating: 7,2/10

Keep up with your giant map!I'll do one soon.(once the exams are finished)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Finally updated my map, soz for early versions I was pretty lame at posting an unfinished map.

BTW, those are lakeside terraces on northern lake, the shop going to the left exit on the map is a shop for your dormitory at school, The lake view house is the Dean's retreat, going south is Endigo Port, going to the East is the rest of the Endigo Academy, and the science building in the clearing near the lake is the Endigo Research Team's Main Base.

Spoiler:
    This is much much better. Although it's still a seemingly unnecessarily long walk, that path is much more interesting and pretty. I don't like the house in the middle of the lake though... mainly the bridge, it looks a little weird.
    8.5/10

Years
    Map Name: Redcedar Town
    Map Game: FireRed BPRE (U)
    Map Information: The hometown of my hack.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

And the route below...

Map Name: Route 027
    Map Game: FireRed BPRE (U)
    Map Information: The first route of my hack.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I've made a town this time! I couldn't decide until toward the end whether it should be a starter town, or just a regular one. I've decided that it's a starter town though (a big one but w/e lol) so the gym would be replaced with a lab. To do that, I would have to copy all the lab tiles over to a different tileset since I wasn't using that one, and that's just too boring lol. The grass is there to start the whole "don't go out into the grass or you'll be killed by a wild pokemon" speech.

Not actually a part of a hack or anything. I'm still just practicing. I'm not sure if I left too much space in the middlish grass area or not. Hopefully it's ok though.

Rate time for me now plz?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    You may wanna fix those waterfalls... I know they look alright, but you gotta have the mountain taller to have waterfalls that AREN'T just big ol' tile errors...
    Yeah, I have no clue how waterfalls work... so I just threw in what looked best as a solid tile.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back