• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    There is another exit but it is blocked because im releasing a preview of my hack with the first town where you get your starter and the first route just to see what people think of the palletes and tiles.
    (so far everyone who has rated my maps have liked the tiles and pallete)

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    oh.., okay. that explains why. :D

btw, the grids kinda annoys me, so.., a friendly advice, could ya remove the grids first before posting it here... I am really going blind. XD

Oh well... we do love the palletes 'cause it's peaceful to the eyes... I wish you good luck on your hack then.

Johnny3

♫ ♪R h yt h m♪ ♫
    Years
    Map Name: Route A
    Map Game: Fire Red
    Comments: First route in my hack (it is Route A so of course it is the first route). Credits to $_$ for the Grass and Tree tiles as well as the pallete.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Uhh, you can get through without a battle? 4/10

Naww, I'm using those tiles too.. :(
    Oh well <_<

Years
    Uhh, you can get through without a battle?

Don't worry. I added grass after I read the comment, I did think it wouldn't be a good idea but I waited till someone commented on it. Now I know it wasen't a good idea lol.

P.s I thought the tiles you were using were made by kyledove?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Dorsam Town
    Dorsam town is conveniently located near the beach for warm conditions to suit people around the area, local fisherman take trips to these soughts of towns because they hold many rare Pokemon from other regions.

Code Base
    Pokemon FireRed

Map!
    Spoiler:
    Nice map, abit simple but ohwell i think alot of effort is put in it.
    8/10

Comments: First route in my hack (it is Route A so of course it is the first route). Credits to $_$ for the Grass and Tree tiles as well as the pallete.

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Nice tiles and palletes but the map looks too simple and abit square, try improving your map ideas and put some extra-ordinary things in em'
    7.5/10

~Celebi

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2011
    Hey SceptileHero!

I love the tileset!

Rating: 6.5/10

Reasons:
    1) This is purely as the map looks a little "blocky".
    2) I thought that there was too much water incorporated into this route. Does it serve any purpose?

Recommendations:
    1) Rather than keeping all of the "action" to either side of the map, try mixing it up by making the player have to "weave" through objects. Just allowing the player to pass straight through is rather boring and doesn't really add any playability to this route.
    2) I would recommend losing some of the water and adding other objects to the route, i.e. ledges, etc.

Not too sure if you will take any of these comments on board as I have only just started mapping myself and have little experience in this area. Let's just say I was rating it as if I was a player. ;)

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Wow, that is VERY good! I can't do that good myself, and I have done mapping for 5-8 months! The palettes and tiles are also very good, I hope to see a release of your hack.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    looks pretty good...but a little bland
    Too repetitive. I like how your previous map included some water. While I don't think you need as much water as the first map, one medium sized pond would do you some good.
    7/10

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    to sceptilehero...

the map is roughly colored green/darkgreen/forestgreen...
    i should agree with Erimgard and Antwhan...
    Also, the trees are looking as if they're forming a line vertically...
    I mean, they stand on the same map line...

however, it looks great for a forest route, so, 8/10

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2011
    A much better improvement, although now it's a forest :P

I agree with Erimgard and Antwhan here, just a little pond to add somewhat of a "feature" or focal point to the map. All in all though a really nice map!

New Rating: 8.5/10

Good Luck with your mapping!

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Here is a new and improved Route A which also has a different name. It is now called Olive Forest.
    Hopefully it is better than the Route A.

Map Rating/Review Thread

I don think its as good as the other route because if its a first route it should'nt be so complicated

If its not a first route i'd say 9/10

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Here is a new and improved Route A which also has a different name. It is now called Olive Forest.
    Hopefully it is better than the Route A.

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Nice map, i like it alot...I think you should add more things than just trees so try adding more stuff too but it is a very good map.
    8/10

~Celebi

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    MAP NAME:NONE
    MAP GAME:RUBY
    COMMENTS:JUST A RANDOM MAP I MADE
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Wow nice map, i just love the palletes and the tiles. Its a well done map and I like the placement of the rocks on the sea.
    well my rating:

9/10

~Celebi

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    MAP NAME:NONE
    MAP GAME:RUBY
    COMMENTS:JUST A RANDOM MAP I MADE
    Map Rating/Review Thread

pretty good. There's a few eyesores though. there seems to be too much of that pathway stuff with the dark green trim around the house, and the way the rock abruptly ends in to grass doesn't look good. I also think you have a few too many bushes near the PC. The corners of the little pond/puddle look odd...there's a blue dot in each one mixed in with the grass. Also, in the bottom left hand corner, there's a border tile missing for the water.
    For the most part I like the tiles/pallets but some of them are a little odd.
    I agree with Celebi_XD that the rock placement in the water is pretty good
    All that aside, it's still a very good map, but with room for improvement.
    7/10

Last edited:
    Years
    Map name:
    Erupta Town (1st town)

Map of:
    Pokemon Briturn

o yea the grass is for the pokemon from the prof so no pokemon will attack you there..:)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Be nice and dont steal palette...

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Thats very nice map lupe id say 9/10 the pallets and tree's rulez

And roy very nice pallets 9/10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back