• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokyuio

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    Map name:
    Erupta Town (1st town)

Map of:
    Pokemon Briturn

o yea the grass is for the pokemon from the prof so no pokemon will attack you there..:)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Be nice and dont steal palette...

good map but needs improving but still 6/10

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    The house at the bottem corner looks all wrong

Mayb get rid of it or put another type there.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Map name:
    Erupta Town (1st town)

Map of:
    Pokemon Briturn

o yea the grass is for the pokemon from the prof so no pokemon will attack you there..:)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Be nice and dont steal palette...
    Wow good map, I like the rockyness and especially the pallete. The pallete looks very good. And I like the bridge sort of thing.
    Good map
    8/10

~Celebi

-EDITED-
    There should be no grass in the starting town or you will have a glitch!

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    -EDITED-
    There should be no grass in the starting town or you will have a glitch!

There will be no glitches if the hacker won't put any wild pkmns using adv-map. ;)

trainer lupe.., a very nice centre there! I love the palletes of the tiles, too. 8/10

pokeroy, a lovely map there. seems like an early morning feature. 8/10

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I can't think of anything else except that your map is really good. It's a good map for a route. However, the second-level ground is kinda empty, ya know. I do think adding some grasses there will make it even nice (and a little grly-touch.., adding some flowers. :D)

8/10

Islander Jon

Dragonite the Day Dragon
    Years
    Here we Go again...

Map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Map of:
    FireRed

Map Comments:
    My hack's Route. Nothing extra said.

8.5/10
    This is a pretty good hack, but it feels like something could be added to make it more special. Some of the rocks placed seemed unnecessary, almost random. I believe more trees should be added to the upper platform, instead of a load of rocks. Anyway, nice tileset and use of color :)

Map Name: Goldenrod City Revamp
    Map of: Pokémon Gold Version
    Comments: Did this in my spare time. I've noticed I messed up a little on the left shore. Nonetheless, I think it looks pretty good.

Map Rating/Review Thread

I also believe some spaces between the buildings look a little bare. Maybe some flowers will do the trick. Anyway, when I get enough skills to make a hack, I'll do one. I'm a newbie at hacking, anyway...But love editing Sprites and stuff :P

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Map Name: Goldenrod City Revamp
    Map of: Pokémon Gold Version
    Comments: Did this in my spare time. I've noticed I messed up a little on the left shore. Nonetheless, I think it looks pretty good.

I also believe some spaces between the buildings look a little bare. Maybe some flowers will do the trick. Anyway, when I get enough skills to make a hack, I'll do one. I'm a newbie at hacking, anyway...But love editing Sprites and stuff :P
    The city looks pretty bad in general.

When doing cities or towns, it's good to focus on one type of building (for houses) always.

Like you said, the city is very bare in many places of the map. You need to space the houses together a little more. I also believe that the stone path going down the middle is too wide in general. Try to widen it down to 4 or 3 tiles wide. There are obvious tile errors throughout the map.

Also, try to use an actual train track tile set because it really doesn't look good when people improvise to make certain tiles that are non-existent in the rom with already existing tiles. Customization is always a good thing, remember that. Also, never use GB graphics with GBA graphics.

Really, this gives me the impression that the map was just sloppily put together in a short amount of time. You need to pay attention to detail and little faults to make the map true to it's past one or to make it good overall. I'd suggest to completely redo it or at least do a major revamp over it.

3/10

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    It's a nice map, for a first route, that is... :D
    So there's gonna be a cave, ei..? Sweet.
    I see no tile errors whatsoever, however, the trees' shadows are kinda weird... Also, the trees looks sad with those colors... :(
    But yeah, it's good, considering that the colours have this harmonious effect. :)
    8/10

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    First Route for my hack..Ratezz plz..
    Spoiler:

Nice map,
    I like the mountain you've made there, and I can see no tile errors or anything,
    the only problem is that the map is abit of a square so try fixing that;)
    But overall it looks very simple and good.

8/10

~Celebi

Years
    It's a nice map, for a first route, that is... :D
    So there's gonna be a cave, ei..? Sweet.
    I see no tile errors whatsoever, however, the trees' shadows are kinda weird... Also, the trees looks sad with those colors... :(
    But yeah, it's good, considering that the colours have this harmonious effect. :)
    8/10
    'Thanks..:) I like the palettes to..:laugh: I think it is not so very sad...but I want something orange in the palettes..I was thinking of changing the trees in a little brighter than now and then orange like...

:EDIT:
    No orange like is ugly..XD

Nice map,
    I like the mountain you've made there, and I can see no tile errors or anything,
    the only problem is that the map is abit of a square so try fixing that;)
    But overall it looks very simple and good.

8/10

~Celebi
    Ill start on it right now and then Ill repost it..:)

EDIT
    Spoiler:

This is the new version of my map... (I put them next to eachother so you can see what has changed..:)

Last edited:

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    well I'm not such a fan of the pallets...but rating this strictly on mapping skills:
    The grass on the left side doesn't look right, and the map is a little bit bland. but it's pretty good for a Route 1
    I give it 8/10

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Looks better than before,
    Thanks for putting my advice into your maps;)
    Its alot more less square

9/10

~Celebi

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Well I don't come often or Rate a lot of maps but...
    Btw, BIG MAP!
    Spoiler:

Map game: LeafGreen
    Map Comments: Route 4, Also I had to resize it in Paint because it wasn't finish. IT STILL ISN'T FINISHED!

Spoiler:

Map Game: Gold
    Map Comments: 2nd Town, everything has been Scripted. Thanks to Skeetendo inc. ;)

Plz Rate.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Well I don't come often or Rate a lot of maps but...
    Btw, BIG MAP!
    Spoiler:

Map game: LeafGreen
    Map Comments: Route 4, Also I had to resize it in Paint because it wasn't finish. IT STILL ISN'T FINISHED!

Spoiler:

Map Game: Gold
    Map Comments: 2nd Town, everything has been Scripted. Thanks to Skeetendo inc. ;)

Plz Rate.
    1st map:
    Very good map, I love the palletes and the tiles, I can see that the map isn't finished, but its a very good map till now. Nice use of the mountain tiles.

8/10
    2nd map:
    Very good map for a gold rom, the palletes and the tiles look very good(I wish I alsow knew how to change tiles:P) Anyways, good work but the mountain til arrangements are in a square, just my suggestion.

8.5/10

~Celebi

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    @cooley: The first map i would give it a 8.5/10 even though the map isnt finished i like the pals though
    The secound map would be 9/10 wow its been a very long time since ive seen someone post a gold map i like the tiles they look awesome.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    cooley, since the first map isn't finished yet, I'll wait for it. ;)
    Now, I do think I can see a small tile error in your Gold Version Map...
    Spoiler:

I do think, well, it's just what I think, but the little mountains on top of that mountain are aligned, somehow, they were ment to look that way. :/

Oh well... It is a pretty good map, btw, so 8/10 ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back