• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
    44tim44- 8.5/10
    There are some minor tile errors around the poke mart and the Pokémon center.
    Be sure to check over your work more carefully.
    Cronos- 7/10
    It look peacefully but what is it? Just some trees and a Pokémon center. It looks to plain.
    Try adding some grass, different path types and more.

Here is my new map.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

It is the starting town.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    44tim44- 8.5/10
    There are some minor tile errors around the poke mart and the Pokémon center.
    Be sure to check over your work more carefully.
    Cronos- 7/10
    It look peacefully but what is it? Just some trees and a Pokémon center. It looks to plain.
    Try adding some grass, different path types and more.

Here is my new map.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

It is the starting town.

Rating: 8.0
    Reason: I like it, it is a very different take on the starter town. Instead of being small it is nice and large.
    Suggestions: It might be too big. Also I see some tile errors, Mostly on the left cliffside.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Okay,
    Spoiler:

Rating: 7.0
    Reason: Not bad, it remains true to the original map, I don't really like the custom tiles though and it's weird how there is one house that is different from the rest. Too much empty space.
    Suggestions: Put some stuff in the grassy bits like flowers and wild grass. Don't use the fence tiles. Make the circle things near the cave bigger. Change the colour of the gray roofs.

Rating: 6.0
    Reason: The pallete is blinding (maybe it's just late...). A route with no grass? The route altogether seems pointless as there is only one exit.
    Suggestions: Make it bigger, add grass and flowers.

Rating: 6.5
    Reason: Way too much empty space. Tile errors in the mountains. It's weird how there are trees to the east when everywhere else there are mountains.
    Suggestions: Don't put grass in unreachable places it is just annoying. Don't use fences all the time (use trees).

Spoiler:

Rate this please.
    Rating: 4.5
    Reason: Completely empty, towns do not look like that.
    Suggestions: Use flowers, don't have each house sectioned off.

dudez

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    Description(or whatever): I edited this to look better now
    and sign is supposed to be unreachable
    It's edited pallet town

And to rate JZ95:s first map i liked the map but that big house with 2 doors looks horrible!(sry:P) Then one more but i dont know how to say it because im from finland and not that good at english 8/10
    second map: I like it too but it looks like dead end unless you need to go caves to get forward if its so i say 8,5/10
    Third map is very simple: It has no flowers or anything like that so you need to put someting decorating into it 7/10

Last edited:

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
    Well, i took took some of your advices, and i hoped these are better.
    It are two maps, one of the first town of my hack and on of the first route:
    Satus Town:
    Spoiler:

Route 1:
    Spoiler:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Satus Town:
    Spoiler:

Route 1:
    Spoiler:

First map:
    Rating: 9/10
    Reason: What can I say? The map looks like the most perfect starting town I've every seen xD
    The palletes and tiles are also wonderful, they look great. The mountainous look makes it look great, nice work. I couldn't even spot a tiny error on that map.
    Suggestion: No suggestion, as the map already looks very good!

Second map:
    Rating: 9/10
    Reason: The map looks good and the mountain look on the route makes it good, The map looks great! I also like the greenness of the map.
    Suggestions: The map looks great, the only thing is that there are abit few empty places so try to keep everything used up. The grass also should be in patches, and groups so don't keep the grass seperate, try to keep them in bundles xD

~C3LEBI

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Alright megiddo told me to make a map for him and this is my map.
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    P.S i changed a few things.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

FIRST
    Rating: 2.5
    Reason: Considering the quality of your other maps this one is really bad. Don't have a square border for water. Don't use those house tiles at all.
    Suggestions: Start again, there are too many mistakes to fix.

SECOND
    Reason: Looks great up til the mountains. Which need to be re-done, always have another layer of mountain over the cave entrance otherwise it looks like it has been chopped off. Thickness of the paths IMO is too large.
    Suggestions: Fix the mountains and add more flowers.

THIRD
    Rating: 8.5
    Reason: Very good, the mountain entrance needs another layer though.
    Suggestions: Use a different house.

Description(or whatever): I edited this to look better now
    and sign is supposed to be unreachable
    It's edited pallet town
    Rating: 2.5
    Reason: Lots of tile errors, pointless mini-mountain. Flowers arranged incorrectly. Too much empty space, pointless fenced off tree.
    Suggestions: Start again, practice a bit more before you post again. Next time don't attach the picture, host it somewhere.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    FIRST
    Rating: 7.5
    Reason: Looks great. Row of mini-trees look ugly (above the red roofed house).
    Suggestions: It looks great but IMO it would look better with a different pallete and tiles but that's just my opinion and if I were you I wouldn't take it as the majority of people here like those kind of tiles and colours.

SECOND
    Rating: 8.5
    Reason: VERY nice. The only bad thing is the pointless ledges.
    Suggestions: Same as the first.

Rating: 7
    Reason: Looks great but you may have over used the ledges.
    Suggestions: Reduce the amount of ledges (not by a lot just a couple). Disable the grid.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Satus Town:
    Spoiler:

Route 1:
    Spoiler:

Map 1:9/10 The palletes look great and it does make sense for the beggining town but why it the top and right just trees?
    Suggestion:Reduce the number of trees.The ledges screw up the end of the map.
    Map 2: 9/10 Once again great map but the ledges should be placed in another place that makes more sense.
    Suggestions:Think about where you're going to put the ledges.

Wow the palletes look great and pleasing. Like dshayubasa said,you have pointless ledges.But then again other than making the path longer,what point do ledges serve?With the exeption of not going back of course.
    And thanks for the tip dshayubasa.
    It would just seem to empty to me if i just made to little ledges.
    I was also thinking of making the tiny stairs like G/S/C tiny stairs for the ledges but i wouldn't know where to put those.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Satus Town:
    Spoiler:

Route 1:
    Spoiler:

@ 9.7 - I like it, but you could have taken out the Wooden Fence
    @ 9.9 - Missing a route sign

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Ok so now I'm posting a map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Don't worry about the simple errors, they're tile errors....
    And it's pretty incomplete ohwell...:/

~C3LEBI

JZ95

You are a Pirate!!
    Years
    Here is three more maps.

Spoiler:

Tony the Awesome

mi nombre es tony
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    I changed my map a lot.
    I think there are some tile errors.
    Imma try and find the correct tiles.
    Every House in this town has a garden :D
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    I changed my map a lot.
    I think there are some tile errors.
    Imma try and find the correct tiles.
    Every House in this town has a garden :D
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Reason: It looks okay for a starting town. I like that you added gardens, but if I were you I would make them smaller and add more houses.

Suggestions:
    • Make the gardens smaller.
    • I see a bunch of tile errors regarding the fences.
    • If I were you I would make it so the map is not so square: make the trees jut out or something.
    • This is just me but, why is that lake there? Is is raining a lot that town?
    • Finally, add more house.
    (PS: When you are designing a map, I find it better to just make everything black and start from scratch. Otherwise you can sometimes tell what the map is based off of.)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Ok so now I'm posting a map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Don't worry about the simple errors, they're tile errors....
    And it's pretty incomplete ohwell...:/

~C3LEBI
    Rating:8.5/10
    Reason:The map has good tiles but not only are there a few errors some oh te stuff just don't fit with the map like the blue house and the bush(s) that looks like it has legs.
    Suggestions:fix the tiny errors and remove or replace the blue house with something else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back