• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2008
    Map name: Ashes town

Map game: Firered

Comments:Made as the starter town, basically a new improved pallet town (hopefully) don't know how to edit palettes so please do not moan about those. The rock will be for a later legendary event (Raikou)

Map Rating/Review Thread
    [/URL][/IMG]

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    @ Celebi_XD: Oh.. Where are the errors so I can correct them?

Anyways: Here is the revamped version of my first town.

Spoiler:

I didn't mean like those kind of errors. I just meant that you need to tile your tiles properly. And try not to make a map totally square. You need to try placing the trees in different shapes so the map looks original.
    Apart from that I think its plain abit but I like the use of licghter patches of grass there. And it would be better if you add alot of creativity into you're maps so that they look abit different. Apart from that.
    Rating>>>>>
    7.5/10

~Celebi

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008

Comments:Made as the starter town, basically a new improved pallet town (hopefully) don't know how to edit palettes so please do not moan about those. The rock will be for a later legendary event (Raikou)

Map Rating/Review Thread
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Thats one of the best I have seen 10/10

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021

Map Rating/Review Thread
    [/URL][/IMG]

You need to fix your image tags, so that your image appears.

Years
  • Map name: Ashes town

Map Rating/Review Thread
    .. i fixed your tags..
    the map..very wierd, its 90% square (i dont like square maps), many tile-error, too much empty space.
    rating: 2/10
    suggestions: use more time to make the map, dont make the map square, fix tile errors, get rid of those rocks, dont make the flowers like that.. and fill some of the empty space..

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    @rkevinc1-
    Man, I think it is a very bad map from my prospective, There are tons of errors their and the worst part.....its square! And I hate square maps. Apart from there there are errors on the roof of the houses and what were you trying to do with that blue house? seems totally wierd@_@ sorry if this is like an insult but Im only tryin to help. And the map is simple and the gym roof dosent go with that lab.
    I would not like to give a rating on this one(I think you've understood my rating)

~Celebi

Years
  • Map Name: Olivegrove Town

Map Game: Fire Red

Comments: The first town in my hack. Credits to $_$ for the Tree and Grass tiles and the pallete. My first successful pallete edit since I started hacking.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    wow it is very nice. However, some tile error there. Specifically, the fences that ends to the lab, you should have used the other fence tile.
    However, the maps not flashy, which means it's simple yet very attractive. It's very cool in my eyes. ^^

8/10 (since I was kinda annoyed by the two tile errors, but well.., no matter.)
    (I wish you the best of luck with your first hack!)

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Map Name: Olivegrove Town

Comments: The first town in my hack. Credits to umm I'll have to find the name of the guy who created the Tree and Grass tiles and the pallete. My first successful pallete edit since I started hacking.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Wow I just love the tiles and palletes used in that map. They really look cool. Apart from that I saw a tile error on the fence. But nice job!
    Wow its been so long since I posted a map, and I think its been time since I posted one:

Spoiler:

Name: route 402
    Comments: I know its really flashy, and I love it this way. It is also not square so I like my efforts on this map. Apart from that
    Its a map of my upcoming hack. Not one of my best BTW

~Celebi

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Celebi_XD said:
    Wow I just love the tiles and palletes used in that map. They really look cool. Apart from that I saw a tile error on the fence. But nice job!
    Wow its been so long since I posted a map, and I think its been time since I posted one:

Spoiler:

Name: route 402
    Comments: I know its really flashy, and I love it this way. It is also not square so I like my efforts on this map. Apart from that

~Celebi

I might as well rate this one, the house underpass objects look a bit strange, but other than that the map looks fine and it looks original so I will give it an 8/10.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    []Name: route 402

~Celebi

Like it. You should work for Nintendo making Pokemon maps. You do a better job then the geeks at Nintendo.
    10/10

Map Name: Olivegrove Town

Comments: The first town in my hack. Credits to umm I'll have to find the name of the guy who created the Tree and Grass tiles and the pallete. My first successful pallete edit since I started hacking.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Pretty cool map The house tiles look all well not nice with the pallet. too bright.

9/10

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    to Celebi_XD..,
    I like the way you use tiles in a creative way... And wow, now I can see that you are using the right mountain-top border! That's pleasing to my eyes! :D

However.., you've used the wrong tiles for those stairway (specifically, the right stairs), 'cause it's the same tile you used for the left (the one with shadows)... You should use the other tile of stairs for the right one.

The map is really good, btw, so 9/10. ;)

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Sceptile Hero

I like the map, but I think you should change the house tiles to make it look better.
    Also, aren't those $_$'s Palettes and tiles?

I think... 8.5/10

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Zanacross thanks for the rating

to Celebi_XD..,
    I like the way you use tiles in a creative way... And wow, now I can see that you are using the right mountain-top border! That's pleasing to my eyes! :D

However.., you've used the wrong tiles for those stairway (specifically, the right stairs), 'cause it's the same tile you used for the left (the one with shadows)... You should use the other tile of stairs for the right one.

The map is really good, btw, so 9/10. ;)
    Thanks i just found that out today!
    And thanks for the advice*Ill keep it in my mind*

~Celebi

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Dorsam Town
    Dorsam town is conveniently located near the beach for warm conditions to suit people around the area, local fisherman take trips to these soughts of towns because they hold many rare Pokemon from other regions.

Code Base
    Pokemon FireRed

Map!
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Map Name: Route A
    Comments: First route in my hack (it is Route A so of course it is the first route). Credits to $_$ for the Grass and Tree tiles as well as the pallete.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Map Name: Route A
    Comments: First route in my hack (it is Route A so of course it is the first route). Credits to $_$ for the Grass and Tree tiles as well as the pallete.

Hello! We have the same avatar! ^^

Anyways, we the map is looking cool and the pallete's reaaly cool to my eyes. 8/10... It's a nice route, btw.

Oh, btw, is that map only has one exit towards a new map..? I can only see one pathway towards another map, but oh well...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back