• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudez

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    This is my map made for hack im not sure if i continue it. I made it from pallet town just largened a bit and edited and added things. And i know one road tile is wrong just too lazy to fix it:P

since i dont have posted 15 times I put link to my sig

P.S that unreachable sign was supposed to say: You hacked to get here and this sign doesen't have anything intresting:P

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yes i know avatar aang that is because i can't work well with R/S/E.
    Stop judging my pic just because it looks too much like lilycove.
    i'll post a FR/LG when i get around to it.
    And Dudez your pic is okay but there is too much empty space.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I've decided to do a little judging :P.

map name:balamb town
    map game:fire red
    comments:redid this map since the first version was terribly horrible
    Map Rating/Review Thread

credits:donpatch and pho

Rating: 5
    Even though alot of other people gave you 7's or 6's my mapping judgement is on a totally different form. First of all, the palettes don't mix to well together, I think you should maybe add a lighter more grayish palette? Not gray enough too notice, I mean move the palette too the side of the colour screen, it might look a bit better. I suggest getting the tiles in paint and recolouring them till you think it looks nice. Plus the tiles don't mix too well, provided all the green in the map, the brown houses don't make it look good, plus the building in the corner looks too modern and scientific, so it doesn't match either. You also added WAY to many paths, they should only go around the houses not into random places. So you should work on that aswell.

Well i'm a okay at most mapper on fr/lg and i decided on trying to make r/s/e maps.
    Here it is and as always rate it from 1 to 10.
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Well i tried my best on r/s/e and the cave on the top left is the truffle or berry cave.
    The house under it is a berry shop and the other gold roofed house is a small hotel.
    the building with supposedly a port roof is a building that transports people by a magnet train.

Rating: 4.
    The houses are way too jumbled, plus the mountains are in random places and they look a bit wierd just sticking out there. Plus the tiles don't mix together, and the map is a bit empty. I think you should make it smaller and look at other peoples maps to see how they set them out, because this one looks like houses and buildings placed in random spots. If you fixed those errors I would probably give you a 8.

This is my map made for hack im not sure if i continue it. I made it from pallet town just largened a bit and edited and added things. And i know one road tile is wrong just too lazy to fix it:P

since i dont have posted 15 times I put link to my sig

P.S that unreachable sign was supposed to say: You hacked to get here and this sign doesen't have anything intresting:P

Rating: 4.
    The paths are totally wrong, there are no sides, plus that maps is COMPLETELY empty. I'm sorry, but it doesn't look too good.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Well i told you i'm not good at R/S/E maps crashink so stop bashing me.
    And yes the mountains are in random spots.
    I hate flat areas.
    And what errors?

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Well i told you i'm not good at R/S/E maps crashink so stop bashing me.
    And yes the mountains are in random spots.
    I hate flat areas.
    And what errors?

I told you whats bad about the map, aren't those erorrs?
    And no, i'm not bashing you, without bad ratings and comments no one can improve. Plus there are no differences with R/S/E maps then there are with FR/LG. Just different tiles, if anything at all, they should be easier :S.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    stop spamming zappermaster.
    And fine but i work better with FR/LG because it has more options.
    Eg.roads, houses, etc.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Here is my map. Please give a rating or some suggestions.

Map Rating/Review Thread

It's a well done map :)
    Rating 9.6/10
    Reason: Beautiful map, but some things need fixing (minor)
    Suggestions: There are tile errors on all of your blue houses, that roof tile with the line should only go above the door, that line shoudn't be there in the regular spots. Also, your stair tiles, the right stairs next to the left don't have the shadow.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
    Well, I caught and fixed the mountain tile errors...Can you tell me about the stairs again, I don't get what you mean. The ROM base I am useing.....The houses got messed up so that is the only option I have. They can't be fixed.....

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    well, there are two stair tiles.

One has a gray part at teh left side, and the other one has no gray part.
    Put the ones without the gray part after teh one with the gray part.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Here is my map. Please give a rating or some suggestions.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Well i can only say is...amazing!
    huh i give it a 8/10.
    Lets see.
    You screwed up on the pokemon center roof and the houses all are the same tiles.
    Suggestions:only that you check for errors and make different houses.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    My turn!
    Here is what i made from FR/LG:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    I used different windows for the top floor because with the windows on the bottom floor, it seemed to empty to me.
    As always rate,find and report errors, and make suggestions.
    And don't judge this just because there are too many doors.
    Its just a scratch map and sorry for making the map square.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
    My turn!
    Here is what i made from FR/LG:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    I used different windows for the top floor because with the windows on the bottom floor, it seemed to empty to me.
    As always rate,find and report errors, and make suggestions.
    And don't judge this just because there are too many doors.
    Its just a scratch map and sorry for making the map square.

7.5/10
    There are just way to many houses.
    There is nothing that really stands out out to me that screams, " Give me a 10/10".
    The town is too square.
    Suggestions- Make it less square. Elevate some houses and add some flowers and maybe a park.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Well i did apologize for it being square and i think i said "don't judge it because it has too many doors".
    I was planning on putting a training ground hidden behind some trees since the giant building was a trainer school.I added flowers and i didn't know how to make custom tiles so i had trouble with the park and decided to demolish it.
    And a 7.5 is good enough for me.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
    This map is made out of the tileset for my hack,
    everything is imported into a firered rom
    Map Rating/Review Thread

I combined DP with GSC, the main trees are inspired by DP,
    but the thin trees, and the one tile trees are from GSC,
    I also imported a DP pokecentre and DP grass tiles.​

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    to 44tim44...
    RATINGS: 7/10
    REASON: There are tile errors. You should be able to notice them though.., the MART, CENTRE, White Mountain tile foot, the red-coloured roof house... Their borders are green (except for the white mountain tiles)...
    SUGGESTION: Fix those errors and the map will be a perfect 10! ;)

to Cronos...
    RATING: 9/10
    REASON: A pretty nice map, for a route, that is. :P It is a very peaceful map. I love the harmony of the tiles and the colours and the surroundings. ;)
    SUGGESTION: Nothing to suggest...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back