• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowlink77

WOW - LETHON - GANKEDD/ERASEDD
Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    NEWBARK TOWN

This is my remake of the old NewBark Town.
    Please rate In comparison to the old map.

Actually all comments would be ok.

OLD MAP

Spoiler:

NEW MAP

Spoiler:

EDIT:: PICTURE QUALITY WAS DECREASED....PhotoBucket...*sigh* The colors are brighter but not to much.

CREDITS:
    BASE: Creator of Pokemon Sea
    Map: Myself

Years
  • Map Name: Rubyflame Town
    Hack Of: FireRed
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Other Information: The brick building is the Professor's house, the Pokémon Centre-styled building is his lab, and the house is just a random house. Down below this town is your hometown, and above is the first route, which you cannot leave without a Pokémon. The mounatin isn't completely square all the way, but from this angle of it, it does look square... Sorry about that. Anyway, please rate as harsh as possible and tell me how and where I can improve! Thanks!

Last edited:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    New map from me!

Name: Hywell Pass
    Hack of: Fire Red. I mean Map of Fire Red.
    Pies?: I lieks mudkipssss!

Map Rating/Review Thread

And rate this old random one while you're at it.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Hmm In response to Mt hywell You can see the border when the kountain cliff goes into the trees but other than that it's a good map
    7\10

EDIT: Woops i was trying to play the game in my head and i missed lot's of stuff
    The mountain doesn't go into the trees my mistake
    9.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999\10 (your not perfect :P)

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Name : Flower Town
    Hack of : Fire Red map?
    Comments : I`m mapping for my own and later maybe to get in some team I just want to see what people think of my map :). Here it is :

Map Rating/Review Thread

Credits for rombase to Kyledove if i aren`t right correct me please :)

For a beginner mapper, this map is good. However, there are some things I dislike. For example, the large amount of flowers; Try reducing the number of flowers. The lake's shape is kind of good. The map is square at the upper part of it.

Rating:
    7.3/10

Years
  • Map Name: Rubyflame Town
    Hack Of: FireRed
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Other Information: The brick building is the Professor's house, the Pokémon Centre-styled building is his lab, and the house is just a random house. Down below this town is your hometown, and above is the first route, which you cannot leave without a Pokémon. The mounatin isn't completely square all the way, but from this angle of it, it does look square... Sorry about that. Anyway, please rate as harsh as possible and tell me how and where I can improve! Thanks!

Bumping to next page. Please rate!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • New map from me!

Name: Hywell Pass
    Hack of: Fire Red. I mean Map of Fire Red.
    Pies?: I lieks mudkipssss!

Map Rating/Review Thread

And rate this old random one while you're at it.

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Very much the same as above

Zaangoose...
    Mapping - 4/10 - Poor: First of all, the tree shading isn't used correctly in all the places. :\ Look at how Nintendo shades to get an idea. The overall shape isn't too good either, but the path I can commend you for. Pretty good job on that. Also, there's a lot of empty space...
    Creativity - 3/5 - Good: It's an interesting use of tiles, but...practically a town dedicated to a Professor? Maybe add a couple more houses.
    Playability - 2/5 - Poor: First of all, there is a LOT of empty space, boring for someone playing through. Then, there's the use of tiles. The lab looks really weird from here, and I doubt it'll change much while in the game. Oh, and try and play through the map. The fence and mountain can be seen going into the border, making your map seem evermore the bad one. :\

Overall - 9/20 - Poor
    Try and add some more trees in, and vary the shape of the mountain.

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I haven't had any of my maps rated in a while so
    Map Name: Long, Long Cave
    Hack Of: Fire Red
    Time Taken: 1-2 hrs
    Spoiler:
    Bumping from last page

Dark Lakitu
    Hywell Pass
    Mapping - 9/10 - Very Good : The tree shading was great, nice use of big and small trees, but the little piece of path looks a little out of place
    Creativity - 5/5 - Excellent : Great shape, excellent mountain like map
    Playability - 4/5 - Very Good : Although it will be very hard to get though, as long as the encounter rate is low, it will be fun going through the route.

Overall - 18/20 - Very Good : Maybe remove the little piece of path, or add some more, to make it more part of the map.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2009
    A new cave map i made.
    Got inspiration from a map on here.
    Spoiler:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    A new cave map i made.
    Spoiler:
    Very nice like the originality of it
    8/10
    It's got lots of space in which is nice and i like the holes keep it up

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Map Name-Route 400
    Hack of fire red map
    Comments- The first route i edited, there's not a lot to say except i don't really mind what you put comment but i do have to say that there are two lonely tree's also does anyone know how i can make it a better picture it's a bit rubbish.... isn't it???
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2009
    Map Name-Route 400
    Hack of fire red map
    Comments- The first route i edited, there's not a lot to say except i don't really mind what you put comment but i do have to say that there are two lonely tree's also does anyone know how i can make it a better picture it's a bit rubbish.... isn't it???
    Spoiler:
    The map is too square. And you need to move that signpost,it would never be there.

And back to my map XD

A new cave map i made.
    Spoiler:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    The map is too square. And you need to move that signpost,it would never be there.

And back to my map XD

There is still a tile error on the bottom left rock with the water coming out. Check the side that faces left mclosely. Still, good map! 9/10!

EDIT: hang on, my eyes decievied me. It was just the Mountains Shadow. Sorry. 10/10!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back