• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
  • his 2nd one is much better,the people here have no imaganation,and at least he made some bits long instead of using all the corner tiles.

p.s - to the people here,it doesnt have to look natrual !!

I never said it had to look natural. I just said that I would like the feel of the map more. Of course, in game, his map will be perfectly fine and the player wouldn't notice that at all.

I tried a more Nintendo style to this map... so mind the empty space and the grass placement. Fun as hell to make.
    Credits to Punk Rocker for the Rombase

Map Name: Dawnta Forest
    Map Time: 30-40 minutes.
    Spoiler:

Comments: The map shape is wonderful. The lake in the middle shouldn't have waves because there is nothing making the water move.
    Suggestions: Change the lake tiles to the non-moving tiles.
    Map Rating: 9.3/10

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Map name: Route 102
    Creator: >Dante<
    Game: Pokémon King of Sea
    Version: Fire red (ING)
    Credits: Kyledove, Saurav
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    This map is all too cluttered, it lookslike it was whipped up last minute with little to no thought. The big mountain connecting to the smaller one looks awkward, it seems like everything just has to fit somewhere, even if it doesn't look good.
    5.5/10 Mediocre

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    Ok here's my first map ever. I'm pretty much brand new to the rom hacking scene so critique is much appreciated.

img119.imageshack.us/img119/3699/firstmapcopyta4.png

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    Ok here's my first map ever. I'm pretty much brand new to the rom hacking scene so critique is much appreciated.

img119.imageshack.us/img119/3699/firstmapcopyta4.png

Nice shape for a route, but is too empty and hasn't got a border like other maps with trees. Not enough grass or trees and the river looks... well... Puddles a bit too square

Anyway, rating 4/10, and that is not bad for a 1st map. Just add more and it will be better! Am I too kind?

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Uhh...Anybody wanna rate my map =D

Been a while since I posted a map here. I made a little map with my new ROMBase.

Map Name: Cess Narrows

Game: N/A

Base ROM: Fire Red - English

Credits: Saurav - Tiles; Kyledove - Tiles; Alistair - Tiles

Mapping Time: About 40 minutes.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: The gray arrows show the connections [=D

Spriter

The Sprite Guy!
    Years
  • Map Name: Random Place

Map Game: Custom Tileset...by me. (do not use)

Comments: This is just a test map i did to test my tiles. Still, what do you think?

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

(I know this is bigger then 400x400, but its not by much, and its not HUGE so i thouht i might just do this)

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I've said it a million times before, but I'm literally going to use and KEEP these tiles. I don't care if it s a Rom Base, it's awesome.

Map Name: Still thinking(The current from the Rom Base is Bonlite town, but that's Punk Rockers name, not mine. xD;)
    Map of: Fire Red
    Comments: Scripts at top at top prevent you from leaving without a Pokémon.
    Bottom scripts have girl lead you into the lab.
    Credits: Punk Rocker(Palettes and making Rom Base), Peyi(PC and Mart[used in later maps]), and Kyledove(Tiles).
    Map shot:
    Spoiler:

Same here Pichu Kun its amazing
    well i'll give the map a 8\10 because some of those trees are just randomly placed

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Map Name: Random Place

Comments: This is just a test map i did to test my tiles. Still, what do you think?

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

(I know this is bigger then 400x400, but its not by much, and its not HUGE so i thouht i might just do this)
    Very nice tiles you have there i like the colour of the trees and grass ;P keep it up
    9/10

Last edited:

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Map Name: Nestle Town(Definitely in Crimson)
    Map Game: Fire Red
    Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Map Name: Ommakuro Village

Map Game: Firered

Mapshot: Map Rating/Review Thread

Comments: This is my first map, so criticize away! Oh, the caves are actually houses, and the one with the sliding door is supposed to be more technological.

Edit: Credits to Lucario 9 for the base.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    Hmmm... not bad...not bad...
    The mapping is good for a new person, so you get 7/10.

And here a new one of me...it was so bored so I had made a map:

img89.imageshack.us/img89/6400/maply5.png

(Sry for my bad (?!) english.... i didnt like english very much^^)

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
    Years
  • Map Name: Random Place

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

I'd give it a 9-10/10.

The tiles are awesome :D
    Mixing up the grass types kind of looks weird to me. Though is more realistic.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    New Map.

Map Name: Enare Canyon
    ROM: Fire Red BPRE
    Credits: Lucario 9 for some palettes, Alistair for the sign tile.

Map: (will stretch page)
    Spoiler:

This map looks really good!
    Sometimes its a mapping mistake in the stones but very nice!
    But.... i have 1 thing... the pal of the water... its to dark.

So: 8/10

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Well everyone, I'll start rating maps again. No long reviews though like I do in RHN -.-
    But the ratings will be just as strict ;D

New Map.

Map Name: Enare Canyon
    ROM: Fire Red BPRE
    Credits: Lucario 9 for some palettes, Alistair for the sign tile.

Map: (will stretch page)
    Spoiler:
    Rating: 4/10 Poor
    Comments: There are numerous tile errors, like, completely noticable ones too. The grass scattering is very poor, and you used the grass as a filler for empty space, which in this case is a horrible feat. There is WAY too much empty space, block edits done poorly, and the palettes (excluding the rock palette) are just plain bad. Sorry for my harsh rating, but there is just so much you can improve on with this map, but a good start ^^

Map Name: -none-

Map Game: FireRed BPRE

Comments: -none

Mapshot:

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Rating: 5/10 Mediocre
    Comments: There are a lot of things in this map that really push my buttons (lulz). The first thing being when two mountain tiles touch eachother, it needs a darker shading which was not used in this map. I guess it is optional, but it doesn't look nearly as nice without. The trees used in this map are NOT for scattering like that. Nintendo intended those to be used as a simple border, and not to have empty space inbetween them. Yes, I know it is another optional feature, but I'm saying it looks a lot better if they were normally placed, with shading. Your block editting skill with the tips of trees is not dead on, because the right side has slight shading, which for some odd reason, was not used in most of the trees. Other than what mentioned above, it is a pretty fine map.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back