• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March 19th 2011 - The end of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Well, I'm kinda pissed my first post didn't happen for some reason..

Take 2.

Maybe I play too much Fallout, but I would like to see an apocolyps. Assuming I would survive, I have plenty of wilderness survival skills and am a pretty good shot, I'm confident I could make it for a few years at least. Until the planet resources dwindled out or whatever. My favorite apocolytic representation is The Road. I imagine it would be like that.

Back to Japan. That just sucks. =P I'm interested to see what happens to the west coast..

OliiiPop

<3 Free LiLo <3
    Years
  • Woah, woah, thanks for the warning science.

Now I only have a week to party?

At least it's during Spring Brea- . . . .

This could bring about a legit Zombie Apocalypse.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am starting to lose count of how many times our world is suppose to end now.
    Look at it this way.

If the world is going to end, what can you do about it? NOTHING!
    I wish people would stop being muppets about this.​

OliiiPop

<3 Free LiLo <3
    Years

• That's an interesting idea. But I thought Lunar activity only really effected tidal and ocean activity.

It could have totally effected the tsunami.

That's why I kinda believe something big will probably happen on the 19th.

Will it end the human race and begin an actual Apocalypse? I doubt it.

But.

We should probably be prepared for something.

OliiiPop

<3 Free LiLo <3
    Years
  • No, it didn't.

The tsunami was created by one tectonic plate being pushed over another, causing a great jolt under the sea bed, causing the water to ride up and thus, causing the tsunami.

The Moon effects tides.​

Yes, it was created by tectonic plates, but I think it's plausible that the force of the tsunami could have also been driven by the tides as well as the 8.9.

Look, I'm no scientist, just a bear of little brain. It could have been a contributing factor, it sounds legit.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Scheduling another apocalypse viewing session. I feel like the Doctor...

No. Lunar activity affects the tides, but earthquakes are due to the shifting of the tectonic plates.
    Interestingly enough, about a few million years ago, when the moon first formed (depending on which moon theory you prefer), it was much closer than it was today (didn't even set in the sky kind of close IIRC) and did cause some tectonic activity. But that's not saying much considering earth was pretty much all tectonic activity back then. Right after the collision that is.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Totally not gonna happen. Whoever made up this theory deserves a WHAM in the head with a baseball bat. >_>

It's just going to be a normal boring day like any other.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
  • How will the world will end?

Just want to know when and how you think the world will end?

There are 2 ways the world can end:

-Physically (Sun becomes a red giant and eats us up.)

-Biologically - (Mass extinction due to man-made or natural causes.{plague, etc.})

I have some ideas brewing:

-Sun becomes red giant and eats us up. (In 5 billion years.)

-Giant Meteor headed for Earth (Last one happened 65 million years ago.)

-Humans keep polluting and animals start dying. (Depends on the humans.)

Guest123_x1

First 2012, then May 21, now this! Besides, the world was supposed to have ended several times throughout the 20th century! And astrology is fake anyway.
    (Wonder if it has to do with the recent earthquakes in Japan and New Zealand, and the conflicts in Egypt and Libya?)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    At the rate we're going, we're going to leave Earth.

And go to Mars, probably, since we infected the world.
    I don't even think Mars is live able on? Anyways, this has to be yet another ridiculous claim, seriously March 19 will be like any other day. People need to quit throwing in these false statements to make us paranoid, I understand you may have a right for free speech, but seriously?

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Guys, I highly doubt that the moon coming a little closer to earth has anything to do with the earthquakes in Japan. If that were the case the entire world should be suffering from earthquakes when they're facing the moon.

But yeah. It's bull in my opinion. lololololol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back