• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
You've greatly grown here Hikari. I'm starting to see myself grow as a Pokemon fan from after being here for a year.

As a person I've grown up more too, though I'm still not extremely mature, though I know people who are less mature. ie my "older" brother.

Edit: I believe my first avatar was an Umbreon I think.

This one to be exact.
Spoiler:
But cropped.
This was my first signature.

AWsignature3.png

Looking back, I like the signature I have now better.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Personality wise I'm a lot more cheerful compared to how I was in my teenage years but I'm also a lot more lazy due to the fact that I'm not rushing like a madman trying to get something like a diploma and I haven't been that motivated for anything else so far.

Years
I believe this was my first custom avatar on PC:
Spoiler:

Yeah, looks boring doesn't it? Up until February 2012, my usual avatar/sig set only consisted of Pokemon-related stuff. Then came that genderbending phase... where I ditched exclusively Pokemon forumsets.

I was crappy with making signatures back then, but I do remember some piece of pixel art from DeviantArt (forgot the artist's name, had Hilbert on one side, Hilda on the other) was my first signature. It didn't last long though.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think the only thing that's different about me now then when I first joined is that I now post more. When I joined I mainly just VMed certain people.

Sir Codin

I haven't been on here nearly long enough to be part of this conversation.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I've used a lot of diffrient avatars, but I've forgotten most of them.

These are all that I can remember.

jef1362639595z.jpg
aur1362639099m.gif
yke1362639146z.png
aur1362639219w.jpg
xnk1362639237a.jpg
aur1362639283r.jpg
wjo1362639657c.gif
qik1362639648l.png
epl1362639340r.png

I used darker versions of the last two but I can't find copies of them - I only saved the white versions.

I also used a dancing mudkip, with tophat and cane, but I've lost that one too.

Treecko

Years
I think the first non-Pokemon related avatar I had was the one with Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Which was this.

thatsclassifeid_zps7dd48b0c.png

That was in late May/June 2012. (The image was made on May 31, 2012. But it wasn't long enough in May for me to say May, so June.

Along with the GIF
thatsclassified2-1.gif

Don't have a Pokemon related theme often anymore. (Currently working on an adventure Time one atm.)

Back when I first joined, I'd mainly started off in the Pokemon sections. Then moved to OT and OVP and now I post just about anywhere except maybe a few sections.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Me? I haven't been here long enough to give my say. But I would like to think that I have made some sort of impression to the people and to this place in the relatively short period of my being here, even if it's not much. (Please say I did? :3)

My first avatar was N! I picked it the instant I saw that there was an N avatar. I really liked N and I still do! :3 I can't insert my first sig now as I'm on a mobile device, but it was something that struck me as nostalgic, thus earning it the proud seat in my sig space. I shall post it later when I get on my laptop at home! xD

Years
The first non-Pokemon avatar/sig theme I used was Zero Kiryuu from the anime/manga series Vampire Knight, which was one of the few non-Pokemon anime I ever watched and I grew a fond liking towards him (must be the White-Haired Pretty Boy effect).

If one looks at most of the new ones I brought out in 2012 and 2013, most of them had male-looking appearances or featured male characters. I still use female-looking themes, but oh god that genderbending phase I underwent in 2012 defined my usual choices for themes these days.

The diversity of my themes expanded even more after becoming Supporter, I showcased some Black 2/White 2 characters for a while, such as Elesa, Colress, Marlon, Roxie, Iris, Cilan, Cheren and Bianca (the avatar I used for the Bianca theme had blinking eyes too). Then I eventually returned to my usual "odd but unique" themes (like the one I have now) while also mixing a few anime-based ones in after getting inspired by members on both PC and Ever Grande City.

The gif in my current sig originated from a random browse through Tumblr and I thought it'd make a great signature. I did a test run with it and I was surprised at the reception it got, someone even said that if I only introduced this one before MOTY 2012, it would have given me a first. Don't be surprised if this sig alone steals all the Best Signature votes in MOTY 2013, due to its randomness.

However, despite everyone loving this sig, one member who regularly browses the TCG and New Users/Welcome forums apparently thought it was "creepy". To be honest, I don't get why someone would find a gif of someone pulling out a Connect Four "creepy", but I guess it must have been the facial expression he found creepy hahahaha. He even kept telling me to take this sig down but being Hikari10, I always like to keep sigs I find hilarious with both me and other members.

No wonder I reuse this one a lot, cos of how very "Hikari-ish" it became.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
My first few avatars was a Shiny Snorlax sprite from Heart Gold, then I switched to a Totodile, then a 'Gangnam Style' inspired Snorlax with sunglasses. After that I started using SKET Dance themes and started with Bossun. After Bossun, its Switch and everybody said that it looked Badass (might bring it back soon :D), after that, its this avatar that you're seeing it and it features the SKET Dan trio.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
My first avatar in PC was Hilbert (from one of avatars in PC). Then I started to use custom avatars like Victini (the first and the current custom avatar at time of writing), Keldeo, Shaymin or even Twilight Sparkle.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I don't think I've ever used PC avatars till now and the first one i had was of a Latiken/Blazias whatever you want to call it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I don't think I've ever used PC avatars till now and the first one i had was of a Latiken/Blazias whatever you want to call it.

I remember you had a weird yellow colour thing on your avatar once not too long ago.

Years
I never used any of the default avatars on PC when I joined.

I'm too creative for that simple stuff, the only place I use preset avatars is Serebii cos non-staff can only use preset avatars.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Speaking about avatars, that's a nice avatar you got there!

Treecko

Years
How could you not recognize Rayman?

I know I've been asked about most of my avatars/sigs before, but never one that most people would be familiar with.

*facepalm* How did I not know that? I thought I recognized who that was. Was having a severe brain fart. lol . Sadly, I've never played any of the Rayman games, but I've seen him before when I was younger. And I know the Raving Rabbids games which I've wanted to play cause they looked fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back