• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mauville & New Mauville Discussion & Speculation thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Ah yes, thank you, that's what I meant. n__n;

Even though it isn't a sequel, just by looking at the regional map and official artwork of what seems to be Mauville, there have been changes to the city in order to modernize it further, so I think it would be plausible to have such a building added in ORAS. Doesn't have to be a sequel to get upgrades and new installments, I think. d:

I know, I was just criticizing your phasing again (sorry...). After all I did point out the Pokethalon building as an example of a remake getting a new building.
    I hope that any buildings they add will be similar to the Pokethalon in terms of fun.

Years
  • Personally, I think they've already shown steps taken forward since RSE in the form of updated gym designs, character revamps, Mega evolution, Primal forms, and the like. Adding a mall to Mauville would be simply be another to add on the list, like the Pokethalon was for HGSS, as you've said. That phrase should be interpreted as 'since' Game Freak has developed RSE, they've taken steps forward in improving in-game features; nothing to do with the time-frame of the games. :]

Years
  • Personally, I think they've already shown steps taken forward since RSE in the form of updated gym designs, character revamps, Mega evolution, Primal forms, and the like. Adding a mall to Mauville would be simply be another to add on the list, like the Pokethalon was for HGSS, as you've said. That phrase should be interpreted as 'since' Game Freak has developed RSE, they've taken steps forward in improving in-game features; nothing to do with the time-frame of the games. :]

There, now that makes more sense. Though I think that most improvements will focus on graphics and features. So any new building they add will hopefully have new features rather than simply looking pretty.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I don't know, I was thinking that Mauville will only get a small boutique/hair salon/PR video center. I think those mini attractions can fill the shoes that the Game Corner left. I don't think that we would get a mini mall or something like ORAS said.

Years
  • I don't know, I was thinking that Mauville will only get a small boutique/hair salon/PR video center. I think those mini attractions can fill the shoes that the Game Corner left. I don't think that we would get a mini mall or something like ORAS said.
    I agree, I don't think it'll be something major either.
    What I'm wondering about Mauville is how Wattson's gym looks, he like the other electric gym leaders tend to have the most quirky puzzles...

Salzorrah

Years
  • I hope the gym would be different from the gate puzzle. Tbh, It was kinda boring. Maybe you can ride up the transmission coils or something?

Years
  • I was thinking, perhaps they could have areas with electro magnetic waves that make the player levitate and takes them to the next floor and so on until we reach Wattson.

Also I wonder if Wally will be standing in the opening of the gym like in Emerald... Maybe he'll explain why Mauville has a wall...

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I'm thinking they'll revamo the gate puzzles to have multiple floors, and utilize the 3D engine to make it.....better. They could have some features that take in account electrircity. So maybe elctromagnetic lifts or something of the like.

Years
  • As long as it doesn't involve quizes like Lumiose did I'm fine (they were so easy that I had to purposely give the wrong answers to get exp. from the trainers in the gym...) with it being similar to it. Btw according to Bulbapedia all the first three electric gym leaders wear military clothing. I think Wattson's of an aviator, so maybe the towers could be part of his gym after all with a high ceiling gym which we have to use the electromagnetism I mentioned...or simple elevators...

Salzorrah

Years
  • What if the gym puzzles will use some plane mechanics? Like they did with Skyla's? I don't know how it incorporates with Electricity tho :/

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I'd like to see New Mauville as a bustling underground metropolis. Old Mauville could be a sort of ghost town, with wild Pokemon in the area and a bunch of old abandoned buildings.

Years
  • What if the gym puzzles will use some plane mechanics? Like they did with Skyla's? I don't know how it incorporates with Electricity tho :/
    Maybe Wind turbines? They are used to make electricity after all. As for airplanes perhaps toy airplanes? They are controlled by remote control.

Back