• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

McDonald's Happy Meal resists decomposition for six months

Zet

Years
  • I read this a few days ago and it was an interesting read, but it's not likely you'll be given six month old mc donalds considering they bin what's left over if it's been there for a few hours.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • I read this a few days ago and it was an interesting read, but it's not likely you'll be given six month old mc donalds considering they bin what's left over if it's been there for a few hours.

yeah but thats not the point, the point is you're eating all the chemicals put in those foods to keep them in that state! That cant be good for your body! Lucky I have sworn off fast food for a year ;)

Years
  • I haven't eaten that crap for many years. I think I would have been about 12 last time I had it. The stuff they put in the food is horrid, not to mention the food tastes appalling.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I'm going to be honest here, but what does that tell us at all?

That fast food is unhealthy? Yeah, I think we knew that a long time ago. The fact that it contains massive preservatives isn't exactly going to stop anyone eating it if they've already eaten it plenty before. I mean, people don't eat fast food because it's the most nutritious thing on earth. It's often a luxury, or used when people don't have time to cook, in which case, honestly, I'd rather eat this than nothing.

This is almost as useless as that Supersize Me documentary. We didn't need proof fast food is bad for you. It's pretty obvious.

Years
  • I'm surprised this is news.

Morgan Spurlock already did something similiar to this in Supersize me, as mentioned above. Honestly, I don't see this deterring people who like fast food, or people who can't afford anything better. Smokers know that smoking causes cancer, druggies know that drugs are dangerous, but they do it regardless of the consequences.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • Oh, interesting stuff. o__O I find it really odd it didn't decompose though.. and only went rock hard. Now this makes me want to think twice about getting food out of McDonalds. >x<

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • Well I guess you can eat McD's but not that often. Maybe like once every two months. Or even less, seen as this thing is so creepy D:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • McDonalds the MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) of the future!

Its pretty disturbing, but honestly its fast food so its not too much of a shock for me. Sad when even mold chooses to not in try to "eat" some of the stuff we put into our bodies >D.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Okay?

McDonalds isn't an awfulterrible company. It's not like they keep the food they make if it's not bought. Sometimes, they try to not get sued.

So they last a while. Would you keep a Happy Meal for any longer than a day? No, cause that's disgusting. Are you sure whatever is in the food to keep it like that is bad for you? I don't care either way really, there's a McDonalds next to where I work and I eat there everyday becauseiamtoopoortogotochikfila. I weigh 85 lbs and I'm not dead yet! >:| /noms double cheeseburger

Years
  • ... your point being what now? Of course fast food is bad for your health. IT'S LADEN WITH FAT. The chemicals, however, are put in by food processors to give the food a longer shelf life when it's being shipped, and they ARE NOT PUT IN THERE BY MCDONALD'S.

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE CHEMICALS IN THEM, TALK TO THE FDA!

Years
  • I think all of you are missing the point. Yes it is bad, but now this is beyond bad.

This is freaking disgusting, and scary. Fast food used to be nasty, but this just horrible.

It's now gotten to a point where it escapes deterioration. If this isn't important to you, just wait. Pretty soon almost everything we eat is going to be like this, if it hasn't already.

Years
  • I think all of you are missing the point. Yes it is bad, but now this is beyond bad.

This is freaking disgusting, and scary. Fast food used to be nasty, but this just horrible.

It's now gotten to a point where it escapes deterioration. If this isn't important to you, just wait. Pretty soon almost everything we eat is going to be like this, if it hasn't already.

I think you don't understand who handles making sure the chemicals in our food are safe to eat:

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE CHEMICALS IN YOUR FOOD, TALK TO THE FDA!

... though, safe to eat doesn't mean that it's good for you. Your body will just put out much of the unnecessary stuff via your bowels, however, since it's crap that it can't absorb through either of your intestines.

And it's probably been like this since well before Supersize Me was released way back in 2004.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Seems like quite an achievement to me, assuming it's still edible at all. If we can preserve food in this manner without it hardening, it might make manned expeditions into space able to persist for longer; not that we perform many such actions as is, but it seems pretty single-minded to think of this as only another sign that 'fast food is bad for you'.

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    ...So?
    I don't particularly see the problem with using preservatives. As long as they have been thoroughly tested to assure the fact that they have no side affects, then what is wrong with them? That they're unnatural? When was the last time you saw a bread tree?

Besides if they were made from scratch per order in the kitchen then it wouldn't be fast food would it? It would take just as long as buying it in a normal restaurant.

I mean sure it's a little weird, but it's not doing any harm is it? Apart from possibly to the bacteria that lost their lives attempting to colonise that burger.

Just to say, I do have a problem with using chemicals that have side effects such as say hyperactivity.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Sad when even mold chooses to not in try to "eat" some of the stuff we put into our bodies >D.

lol :D

Apart from possibly to the bacteria that lost their lives attempting to colonise that burger.

Lest we forget...... BMIA (Bacteria missing in action.....) :'(

But really, I think this proves that 99% of Mcdonalds food is actually inorganic. :O

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I bet if someone did a test like this on every fast food restaurant, they would all have aorund the same results.

Generally, all restaurants treat their products the same.

Most likely Burger King, A&W, Wendy's, KFC, etc.

So just singling out McDonalds is pointless because really, this is reality in the fast food business.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    They're supposed to. I know many people who have worked at McDonalds and they were forced to serve hamburgers that were sitting out for days, which is why I never go to McDonalds, as I also worked there and had to do that or else I risked losing my job.

This is really disturbing.

Back