• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Mega Gallade Psychic/Fighting with Inner Focus ability.
    Spoiler:

REALLY? IT WAS CONFIRMED TO HAVE INNER FOCUS OF ALL THINGS.

sigh.... there goes all the excitement I had for this pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Inner Focus on Mega Gallade is so underwhelming, IMO. I thought it'd get something better, but what you see is what you get. I still like Mega Gallade's design.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I'm glad that Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo were finally confirmed as we all knew that they were coming. However, I'm not too keen on their designs, but I tend to say that for a lot of Pokemon I see for the first time so maybe these will grow on me.

Also... Inner Focus for Gallade is a bit disappointing. Also sad that it seems Wally won't be keeping the Gardevoir like he did in the original games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Mega Gallade will probably get the same speed, and defenses as Mega Gardevoir with the only difference being the flipped attack stats.

Rayquaza being related to Mega evolution makes me think that my theory of Sky Pillar being Hoenn's version or the Tower of Mastery may have be right. Since Mt. Pyre symbolizes the end (Omega), and Origin Cave the beginning (Alpha), then Sky Pillar likely symbolizes change (Delta). Mega Evolution (and Primal Reversion) is a kind change with a great boost of power.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Mega Gallade will probably get the same speed, and defenses as Mega Gardevoir with the only difference being the flipped attack stats.

that just means Gallade will just become inferior Gardevior... since it won't best Gardevior in ability or states.... poor Gallade always lagging behind Gardevior since X and Y...

Years
    Maybe they'll instead raise his physical defense to make him stick out, instead of boosting his special attack like how they boosted Gardevoir's attack (which was unnecessary as it's a special attacker).

Also in all fairness Gardevoir was practically an inferior Gallade since he was introduced (Gen IV), well until now.

Years
    Inner Focus is not that bad tbh. We just have to see it in action. And I hope they raised all of Gallade's stats.

Years
    Inner Focus is not that bad tbh. We just have to see it in action. And I hope they raised all of Gallade's stats.

Yeah, if it has high enough defenses it can be a great counter to Mega Kangaskhan. As people like to start it off by flincing you...
    Maybe since we're getting new moves and abilities mid generation Inner Focus could perhaps get a boost. Like maybe Focus Punch won't require wait time, being able to hit right away.

Well maybe all except it's Special attack (and it's HP probably won't go up).

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    IIRC, there was an interview at Gamescom when mega Slowbro got revealed and a question about slowking was asked.

Anyway, Rayquaza has some sort of secret to mega evolution? Kinda hoping that it's another primal form since it is part of the weather trio.

I'm definitely buying the next issue of CoroCoro for the serial number. Just learned that Kinokuniya Singapore imports them, which is absolutely fantastic.

Do you have a link or,something to if? Not that I don't believe you I just wanna see to for myself

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Seriously , Gamefreak ! Why so Sexist ???
    The sister Mega Gardevoir has superior type & Unique Ability .
    While the Brother Mega Gallade has inferior type & ability.
    Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    The first rule of dealing with Game Freak is: never expect them to do things that make sense and/or are fair.

Years
    Corocoro ans Serebii confirm it. They don't reveal that it is a mega or primal tho. Nor to they reveal what ti looks like. Just says Rayquaza has some sort of Mega.

He means the hint to Mega Slowking. Also, Rayquaza doesn't have a Mega(Atleast, it doesn't say) it say it holds a secret to Mega Evolution

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I usually don't get into the technical information about battling, but I do like the addition of sheer force with Camerupt, also the reduction of speed is also a good in order to allocate more power to his other stats, since a speed boost will likely not help him out much.

Being able to take a few more punches with a good bulky def/sp.D along with the ability to unleash powerful attacks works well in the in-game viability...probably not so great in the Metagame...but I couldn't care less personally.

I love when pokemon I love are not completely useless. (Poor Delcatty/Liepard/Mightyena/Corsola/Beautifly ect.)

But using "worse" pokemon are actually a great way to up the challenge in-game, plus you get to use pokemon that you like.
    omg i concur with you in this one. i think that un-used pokemon should be getting mega evolutions in order to make them more used and more active. that way the game will be more vary and fun, in my opinion=]

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Seriously , Gamefreak ! Why so Sexist ???
    The sister Mega Gardevoir has superior type & Unique Ability .
    While the Brother Mega Gallade has inferior type & ability.
    Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

How is the type inferior? If Gallade were Fairy/Fighting it would have more weaknesses than it does now. At least four: Flying, Poison, Psychic, and Fairy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Honestly , I believe Mega Gallade would be the Pokemon of the trainer who will replace Diantha as new Champion in XY squeal.
    But I guess Diantha won't be replaced.
    However , If XY series is Ash's last series then it would make sense to give Ash a Mega Gallade to face Diantha.
    May be , The Poor guy atleast get to beat his superior Counterpart in Anime.
    Whom I kidding ! The Anime is even more Unfair then the Gamefreak .

How is the type inferior? If Gallade were Fairy/Fighting it would have more weaknesses than it does now. At least four: Flying, Poison, Psychic, and Fairy.

But it is still inferior to Gardevoir.
    Honestly Gallade need an ability similar to Pixilate.
    Like Scrappy.
    Since Fighting type move are useless against ghost type , An ability like Scrappy would have been more useful then ''Inner focus''.

Years
    Honestly , I believe Mega Gallade would be the Pokemon of the trainer who will replace Diantha as new Champion in XY squeal.
    But I guess Diantha won't be replaced.
    However , If XY series is Ash's last series then it would make sense to give Ash a Mega Gallade to face Diantha.
    May be , The Poor guy atleast get to beat his superior Counterpart in Anime.
    Whom I kidding ! The Anime is even more Unfair then the Gamefreak .

But it is still inferior to Gardevoir.
    Honestly Gallade need an ability similar to Pixilate.
    Like Scrappy.
    Since Fighting type move are useless against ghost type , An ability like Scrappy would have been more useful then ''Inner focus''.

I'm sorry, but scrappy isn't nearly as good as Pixilate, atleast not in the Meta. It hits Aegislash woo. Anything else it shouldn't be in on as it doesn't want to be burned/KO'd

Adaptability
    Huge power
    Justified
    Guts
    And many more abilities would have been better, and no one would complain about the latter two.
    Pixilate would have even made return stronger....that's still something

But it got ****** Inner Focus ;-;
    I hope it like gets a huge boost in attack or speed to make up for it.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back