• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If Gallade doesn't get one then Kirlia's evos will be.

Maybe the scoop will involve the first Gen V Megas.

We're very close now to knowing what it's about, as it'll very likely leak anytime from tonight to the 10th.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    There suppose to be a big Megevolution scoop.
    I wondering what Megevolution can be a big scoop ???
    FYI : Feraligatr was in the Movie 16 alongside Sableye even though Blastoyise & Samurott could play its role So I think Jotho starter might get Megevolution.

Years
    There suppose to be a big Megevolution scoop.
    I wondering what Megevolution can be a big scoop ???
    FYI : Feraligatr was in the Movie 16 alongside Sableye even though Blastoyise & Samurott could play its role So I think Jotho starter might get Megevolution.
    I hope so. Perhaps that'll be the big scoop, similar to how the second Pokemon Direct's big scoop was the Kanto Megas (minus Charizard X which was saved for Origins). Maybe if one of the Johto starters get's a second Mega they could make a Pokemon Origins II with Ethan or even Lyra/Kris :3

Years
    Just a reminder that as soon as information is leaked, we will be reopening the thread for discussion and speculation on it for one week! :]

I've been a believer in the "only Hoenn" theory regarding Mega evolutions, but if they do stray from that, I'd like them to release some from Gen V.

Years
    Just a reminder that as soon as information is leaked, we will be reopening the thread for discussion and speculation on it for one week! :]

I've been a believer in the "only Hoenn" theory regarding Mega evolutions, but if they do stray from that, I'd like them to release some from Gen V.

You mean the "only Hoenn minus Diancie" theory right? Does that include Pokemon in Hoenn introduced in Gen's I and II too?
    I do hope we see some Gen I and II Megas. If not then I guess Z/X2Y2 will be filled with new Megas for Gen I-VI (minus III since they're getting their limelight here) Megas to make up the shortfall.

It's quite interesting that Gen III Pokemon have the most Megas, considering Gen III Pokemon have/had the lowest percentage of Pokemon that evolve normally. Though Gen IV has the most evolved Pokemon, and they aren't the ones getting what Gen V Pokes are... So it's likely not to make up for the lack of normal evolutions on their part.

Years
    I'm still hoping at least one Gen. V Pokemon receives a Mega if any non-Hoenn native Pokemon (pre-post-game) do. I liked a lot of them, so it'd stink if we had to wait for the next game(s) for Gen. V Megas.

I also wonder if any Gen. III Pokemon will receive two Megas much like Charizard and Mewtwo did. Then again, as to which Pokemon could receive two, I'm not sure of XD

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
    Today marks the first anniversary of Mega Evolution being revealed. I have a wishlist of Pokemon I'd like to see, but how many Megas will be revealed? Last year, there were six, so so you think the number will be higher or lower than last year?

Years
    I myself kinda hope for atleast a few gen 4 Mega Evolutions.
    If the Jhoto starters do get a Mega Evolution, they should get their hidden abilities.
    However, I doubt the reveal this month will include the rest.of the Mega evolutions

Years
    I myself kinda hope for atleast a few gen 4 Mega Evolutions.
    If the Jhoto starters do get a Mega Evolution, they should get their hidden abilities.
    However, I doubt the reveal this month will include the rest.of the Mega evolutions

I kind of hope Mega Meganium get's something else. Maybe Own Tempo so it can spam Petal Dance. Or perhaps Pixielate if it does end up being Grass/Fairy.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Mega Lopunny and Mega Altaria confirmed.
    According to Serebii, M Altaria is Dragon/Fairy, and the other gains fighting type.

Spoiler:

Oh my gawd dat fluff I just can't...

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Dragon/Fairy mega Altaria and Fighting/Normal mega Lopunny, OH MY GOD ALTARIA IS SO FLUFFY OH MY GOD. Fashionable and fabulous.

I hope there's more!

Years
    Yes, yes, yes. I am glad to see Mega Altaria become Dragon/Fairy and with pixelate too :3.
    Now it's weaknesses are three, with those being Ice, Steel, and Poison. All three of which are rare to see on a Pokémon who can gain stab on them irc. I bet it's defenses will be huge.

Also Mega Lopunny teared down the only Hoenn Megas theory even more. Yes, it's Normal/Fighting too :3.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Mega Altaria is now a cloud. Well done Gamefreak. Not that it's a bad thing. That thing is gorgeous. Just a little sad that it won't get STAB from flying moves anymore. I JUST HOPE it can learn moonblast in game.

Now Gamefreak show me that mega flygon please .__.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't like Mega Lopunny at all but Mega Altaria is hella cute and has a really nice typing. I wonder if we'll get any more non-Hoenn Megas like Lapras because Lopunny was given one for a reason only God knows.

Years
    omg I love Mega Altaria so much and I'm happy that it's Dragon/Fairy and has Pixilate and omg I'm just so excited for it ;____; I'm probably gonna use both it and Mega Sceptile at once <3 (Well, give them both their respective Mega Stones, anyway.)

Also, Mega Lopunny's cool; seeing as it's a non-Hoenn Pokemon there's hope a Gen. V Mega will happen :D

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Lopunny's Scrappy ability is kinda underwhelming tbh, I mean yeah it can hit ghosts but Huge Power would have been so much better. But I guess since Lopunny already had decent defenses and good speed that its attack can get the majority of the boost.

Stat predictions
    Spoiler:

Decently bulky, very speedy and hits like a truck.

As for Altaria, I guess its speed and possibly attack will drop, with all of that fluff it doesn't look fast.

Stat predictions
    Spoiler:

OH MY GOD MEGA SALAMENCE WHAT IS THAT MESS?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    HOLY BALLS MEGA SALAMENCE

Spoiler:

Now I'm starting to think that the last few gym leaders and E4 will get Megas...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back