• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    We aren't even sure if Wallace is actually into contests. If anyone is, I hope it's Juan, who will get a Mega Kingdra.

It's possible, but we don't know if Juan is into Contests, either. I'd say it fits their characters, more so than even Jasmine being a Contest Coordinator (which is canon in the games). If they don't have Megas on their teams when you battle them the first time around, Contests would be a cool way to have them showcase them.

Mega Kingdra would be cool, but Milotic is basically the poster-Pokémon for Contests, so for that reason alone I'd expect to see it first.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It's possible, but we don't know if Juan is into Contests, either. I'd say it fits their characters, more so than even Jasmine being a Contest Coordinator (which is canon in the games). If they don't have Megas on their teams when you battle them the first time around, Contests would be a cool way to have them showcase them.

Mega Kingdra would be cool, but Milotic is basically the poster-Pokémon for Contests, so for that reason alone I'd expect to see it first.

Yup, hence my "If anyone is, I hope it's Juan".

I noticed that Milotic has been added to the same list as Zangoose and Seviper on the official site of notable Pokemon. I wonder if perhaps all three will get Megas after all.

Seems like Mega Altaria will be somewhat of a mix attacker. Also they're increasing it's defenses even more...I'll hate to fight that thing with a Physical only moved Pokemon on hand.

Years
    Confirmation that Salamence's other stats increase as well as defense?

" When it Mega Evolves, its Defense stat soars. With its already high stats climbing even higher, this becomes an even more promising Pokémon than before." .

Years
    Confirmation that Salamence's other stats increase as well as defense?

" When it Mega Evolves, its Defense stat soars. With its already high stats climbing even higher, this becomes an even more promising Pokémon than before." .

It sounds like it'll be getting a boost in all it's stats (minus HP of course). With Defense being the biggest. Maybe 10 in each of the rest, and a boost of 40 for Defense.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    It sounds like it'll be getting a boost in all it's stats (minus HP of course). With Defense being the biggest. Maybe 10 in each of the rest, and a boost of 40 for Defense.

I can see Salamence's boost being something quite drastic like +65, they're making out that Salamence is gonna be very defense oriented but its base defense is only 80 which isn't that great to build on, so adding that +65 would make it 145. Coupled with a possible Steel typing that makes for one impressive physical wall. Especially if Intimidate is its ability. That's practically a +1 in defense anyway. Duh it's Aerilate lol, maybe they aren't going for the defensive behemoth that it could have been then lol

The rest will probably be poured into attack and speed, with maybe SpD + SpA getting a tiny bit each.

Getting Mega Lopunny made me realize that the Pokemon who get mega's are really out of the blue sometimes. Salamence was definitely obvious and Altaria has always been a fan favourite so yeah, but Lopunny was just weird tbh.

I'm praying that this means a lot of downtrodden / forgotten Pokemon from Gen II and IV will get them like Mantine, Skuntank, Yanmega etc. <3

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Especially if Intimidate is its ability. That's practically a +1 in defense anyway. Duh it's Aerilate lol, maybe they aren't going for the defensive behemoth that it could have been then lol

Actually, Salamence would still get the effect of Intimidate either when it comes out in battle or when something switches in on one that hasn't Mega evolved yet. Which means he basically gets the benefit of both abilities.. Say he switches in, the opponent's attack is lowered, then the opponent has to decide between trying to attack a Mega Salamence (with boosted defense) with a decreased attack stat or switch out and risk having the Mega Salamence set up on them.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Actually, Salamence would still get the effect of Intimidate either when it comes out in battle or when something switches in on one that hasn't Mega evolved yet. Which means he basically gets the benefit of both abilities.. Say he switches in, the opponent's attack is lowered, then the opponent has to decide between trying to attack a Mega Salamence (with boosted defense) with a decreased attack stat or switch out and risk having the Mega Salamence set up on them.

I totally forgot about that lol I guess that still makes him a fierce force to be reckoned with.

Years
    My predictions for Mega stat changes:

Salamence:
    HP: 95
    Atk: 135 > 155 (+20)
    Def: 80 > 120 (+40)
    Sp. Atk: 110 > 120 (+10)
    Sp. Def: 80 > 100 (+20)
    Speed: 100 > 110 (+10)

It already has amazing Attack and good Speed, plus it has access to Dragon Dance, making said stats even better @_@ I could maybe see the increases in Sp. Atk. and Sp. Def. being swapped (making it 130 Sp. Atk. and 90 Sp. Def.).

---

Altaria:
    HP: 75
    Atk: 70 > 120 (+50) 70 > 100 (+30)
    Def: 90 > 100 (+10) 90 > 110 (+20)
    Sp. Atk: 70 > 90 (+20) 70 > 100 (+30)
    Sp. Def: 105 > 115 (+10) 105 > 105 (+0)
    Speed: 80 > 90 (+10)

70 base Attack is rather low, so I can see it getting a big boost. 90 Speed, while not the greatest, isn't too bad when you consider Altaria has pretty good defenses (and access to Cotton Guard to further boost its Defense). Plus, like Salamence it also gets Dragon Dance, so it can boost its Speed if need be.

I feel like Altaria might not get a boost in Special Defense since it already has it pretty good in that stat as is, and it seems like its Attack and Special Attack would have the same total.

---

Lopunny:
    HP: 65
    Atk: 76 > 106 (+30) 76 > 116 (+40)
    Def: 84 > 94 (+10)
    Sp. Atk: 54 > 94 (+40) 54 > 64 (+10)
    Sp. Def: 96 > 106 (+10)
    Speed: 105 > 115 (+10) 105 > 135 (+30)

I didn't realize how bad most of Lopunny's stats (particularly its attacking ones) were until I looked it up @_@ Anyway, since it was stated it'd receive a boost in Attack and Special Attack, I imagine the other stats won't receive too huge a boost, especially if they want to make Lopunny somewhat mixed.

Since Lopunny's apparently getting a boost in Speed and NOT Special Attack, then I have a feeling things might be switched around, with its Attack going up by 40 points to make it stronger and its Speed by 30 to make it pretty fast.

Revisiting this since we have slightly more info. Made the changes in bold.

Years
    I am expecting Mega Lopunny to get a boost of 40 to attack, 30 to speed, and 10 to each of it's defenses now.

Mega Altaria to get 40 on each offensive stat, 15 on defense, and 5 for speed.

I am expecting Mega Lopunny to get a boost of 40 to attack, 30 to speed, and 10 to each of it's defenses now.

Mega Altaria to get 40 on each offensive stat, 15 on defense, and 5 for speed.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
    Getting Mega Lopunny made me realize that the Pokemon who get mega's are really out of the blue sometimes. Salamence was definitely obvious and Altaria has always been a fan favourite so yeah, but Lopunny was just weird tbh.

I thought they gave her one so that all members of Team Charm would have mega evolutions. :P But I agree that the timing was weird.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Imagine a Mega Hariyama with tough claws, a sprite in which tough claws as a ability makes sense and this spread:

hp:144
    atk:120->160(+40)(with tough claws boost ~220)
    def:60->80(+20)
    spa: 40->40(+0)
    spdef: 60->80(+20)
    init:50->70(+20)

It would be a nice bulky wallbreaker comparable to mega heracross.

Years
    Of the three new ones I'd say Mega Salamence is my favourite, the way it transforms looks pretty awesome :) And what it turns into is appealing as well lol :)

Lopunny's typing is pretty cool, also nice to see Hi Jump Kick getting more love :)

Years
    I feel like speculating on possible Unova starter Megas.

I can see a Mega Emboar having stats like these:

HP: 110
    Attack: 123 -> increase of 17 for 140
    Defense: 65 -> increase of 20 for 85
    Sp.Atk: 100
    Sp.Def: 65 -> increase of 20 for 85
    Speed: 65 -> increase of 43 for 108

With the ability Tough Claws. With increased speed it'll be able to actually hit before being hit itself. The boosted defenses will help keep it in the battle for longer. The boosted attack is to make it more of an attacker than it already is. Together with 108 speed it goes from being a slow glass cannon to being a semi-lightning bruiser.

Mega Serperior
    HP: 75
    Attack: 75 -> increase of 29 for 104
    Defense: 95 -> increase of 15 for 110
    Sp.Atk: 75 -> increase of 29 for 104
    Sp.Def: 95 -> increase of 15 for 110
    Speed: 113 -> increase of 12 for 125

With the ability Contrary, and the typing of Grass/Dragon or Grass/Poison. I choose a balanced boost to it's stats to make for a well rounded Pokemon that is fast, and can attack with either of it's offensive stats. Contrary will allow it's Leaf Storms to act like powerful, damaging Nasty Plots.

Now Mega Samurott

HP: 95
    Attack: 100 -> increase of 20 for 120
    Defense: 85 -> increase 10 for 95
    Sp.Atk: 108 -> increase of 12 for 120
    Sp.Def: 70 -> increase of 18 for 88
    Speed: 70 -> increase of 40 for 110

With the ability of Sheer Force or Super Luck, and the typing of Water/Steel or Water/Fighting. I decided to boost it's offensive stats for similar reasons as Mega Serperior, to allow it to choose either as it's got a good deal of both kinds of offensive moves. I choose to boost it's speed as like Emboar it is quite slow. I also added a little to it's defenses to help keep it in the fight, with special defense getting the largest boost of the two defensive stats as it's it's lowest stat (along with speed). I choose Sheer Force to boost the power of it's Scolds and Razor Shells. As for the alternative Super Luck, it'll allow it to get more critical hits on it's many slashing moves, even if criticals aren't what they were once worth.

Last edited:

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    Ok idk where it is so I'll just go off memory. But it was said here (or maybe the corocoro thread) that it was weird Nintendo/pokemon officially revealed the corocoro scans before coro coro as they usually do them after, and someone brought up the fact that gamescon is on the 14th so they possibly revealed it early so they could do another reveal at gamescon a week later without it feeling too cluttered. And they also said gamescon was where they revealed either doublade or honedge last year, along with mega kangaskhan

And tbh this is just where my speculation comes in but this is shark week yeah?? Idk if it's anything but Pokemon twitter account has been tweeting a lot of sharpeedo tweets in reference to shark week, and shark week falls on the same week as gamescon, so I'm thinkin it's possible we'll get mega sharpeedo in a few days. Not to mention there's also archie and Maxie's mysterious mega stones, which we assume to belong to sharpeedo and camerupt, so it makes sense.

Idk total speculation on my behalf but it makes sense,, guess we just gotta wait.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I'm waiting on news for Mega Flygon. Starting to doubt it will happen though.

I don't think it'll happen anymore, considering that Lisia was revealed with M Altaria and her keystone is clearly visible, unlike Aarune.

The chances are very slim. Not zero because GF has not revealed some megas in these releases but they appeared in the actual game itself. There are 2 more CoroCoro releases to go that can potentially show more info, but I'm not going to hold my breath anymore.

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
    Guess What...
    Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Mega Audino is Normal/Fairy-type and the ability Healer. Mega Slowbro has the ability Shell Armor

From Serebii

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Audino's design is kinda cute, and yay for Gen V Megas! Slowbro's design, however... I'm not really feeling that much. The Slowpoke inside looks very scared.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back