• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • I really hope they finally realise the Mega Latios and the Mega Latias, I mean, you can Mega evolve it on the Pokémon X and Y but the only way I heard to get their Mega Stones its by hacking the game so I don't even consider that they realised those 2 megas.
    I also wanted to see Meloetta having a Mega Evolution though, she's my favourite Pokémon and I think it'd be cool to see how a Mega Meloetta would look like and it'd be even more intersting to see 2 different types of Megas in only one Pokémon since she got 2 forms :))

Yeah Lati@s are technically not even released, so there's still hope for them to release the stones later on.

Actually, I'm more interested in how do we exactly hunt for mega stones.

In XY Anistar City's sundial thing was the trigger. I don't exactly know any similar structure in Hoenn. Maybe Mt. Pyre? But that place already hosts the orbs.

That's actually an interesting question because there's nowhere in Hoenn that could do something like that. Unless we could use the meteorite at Mt. Chimney somehow? I dunno. Unless there's a few new locations OR it's simply said by random trainers post-game. Or since Birch is one of those professors who loves exploring and being out in the field, perhaps he tells us, like gives us hints post game about something he saw whilst exploring? and having Brendan/May like Trevor who tells us about Pokemon having one.

How long before release did XY stop revealing Megas? Actually I only recall they showed off six (Blaziken,Absol, Mawile, Mewtwo Y, Ampharos, and Lucario) in corocoro, the Kanto Megas minus X were shown in Pokémon, and later Charizard X in Origins. GF is spreading the Megas of these games much more, but also revealing more it seems. Thus far we got Mega Sceptile, Swampert, Audino, Diancie, Sableye, Altaria, Lopunny, Metagross, and Salamence officially revealed (as the Latis were discovered by looking into the data, and Slowbro was an accident). That there is ten. So I think we have enough shown already. So they can keep the rest secret.

Btw on speculation of how many Megas will be early in the game. Since it seems Megas took the place of new Pokémon for Kalos to make up for the low number of real new Pokémon, perhaps Hoenn will have them early to make up for a possibly smaller than XY's dex.

I don't think Lati@s counts in this case, in fact I'm sure that they weren't even meant to be in XY, perhaps they were supposed to be but abandoned half way, thus why their mega evolution looks so basic and lazy. Maybe it was just a beta sprite whilst they played with the mechanics or s/t idk

As for megas revealed for XY; Kangaskhan was also revealed, I'm sure it was at the same event that Audino was revealed at this year.

--

Do you guys think we'll get the Johto megas this time around? We got Kanto last time and this would be a perfect time to release the Johto starters' hidden abilities. I know they would have been revealed by now but since the Johto starters were an Emerald feature perhaps they're keeping all Emerald features top secret?

Perriechu

Years
  • Wait wait wait theres a mega latias out there ?

Late to the party lol. They've been known for a while. Both look pretty identical tho. (Latias - Latios)

Their stones were found whilst people were digging around in the data, Hoopa, Volcanion and Diancie were also found the way. However the Lati@sites can only be put into games by hacking with devices such as PowerSave and aren't allowed to be traded since they're hacked and unreleased.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Since Mega Audino has new moves (Fairy type moves), I have more confidence that Sceptile will get more dragon moves, same goes for Lopunny and fighting, and Altaria and Fairy.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It will be interesting to see where these Mega Stones are placed in Hoenn, we're talking about atleast 13 new spots for Mega Stones in the Region. Probably even more since some of the existing Mega Evolutions are Pokémon that are from the Hoenn Region.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I belive Lopunny could become a very good Ou mon.
    With his ability, Normal Figthting got perfect neutral coverage for EVERY type.
    Meaning it only needs Return and jump kick to hit everything for neutral damage.
    This way it then can also run both Fake out and quick attack to become a great revenge killer instaed of running coverage moves.
    However, it needs atleast a base speed of 140 (increase of 35 to non mega lopunny), so that it can run adamant, while still being faster than greninja.
    It also needs atleast 120 base attack to pack a punch (increase of 44 compared to non mega lopunny).
    So i hope gf gives it atleast this number of boosts.

Heres the set:
    Mega lopunny
    item: lopunnit
    Nature:adamant
    Evs:252 atk;252 speed; 4def
    Fake out
    Return
    jump kick
    quick attack

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Actually, I'm more interested in how do we exactly hunt for mega stones.

In XY Anistar City's sundial thing was the trigger. I don't exactly know any similar structure in Hoenn. Maybe Mt. Pyre? But that place already hosts the orbs.

IDEA.
    Sunlight shines on the orbs on certain times a day, making the orbs glow. The orbs are somehow linked to Mega stones, causing the megas to be revealed.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Am I the only one who is sad that the johto starters get skipped again? I mean we don't even have their hidden ability yet. I want ORAS to have the johto starters to and with hidden ability's and mega's(postgame of course.) I mean they are the 2nd gen starters but get no love. I really want them to make Meganium usefull.

Years
  • Am I the only one who is sad that the johto starters get skipped again? I mean we don't even have their hidden ability yet. I want ORAS to have the johto starters to and with hidden ability's and mega's(postgame of course.) I mean they are the 2nd gen starters but get no love. I really want them to make Meganium usefull.

I actually feel like Johto is largely ignored most of the time by GF. Even the anime ignores it, as Kanto had a return in the Advance Saga, and the Hoenn mascots are getting a Movie (even confirmed in this issue of Corocoro so it's not just another Lugia Vs. Ho-oh false trailer they had during Gen IV). I hope that the starters get something. I'll like to see Mega Typholosion be Fire/Ground, Mega Meganium Grass/Fairy, and Mega Typhlosion Water/Dragon or Water/Dark (if dragon then Charizard X, Sceptile, and it will complete the dragon type starter trio :3 ).

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I dont like the Johto Starters and i hope Gf doesnt stop ignoring them, there are more important Pokemon. I dont want every Pokemon to get Megas anyway and the Johto Starters should be one of those, that dont get them.

Years
  • With Lopunny and Audino getting a mega, and to a lesser extent Slowbro, I'm willing to bet that all fully evolved Pokemon, over time, will get one. It's a sure fire way to continue creating 'new' mons and reduce the need for new lines altogether

Perriechu

Years
  • I dont like the Johto Starters and i hope Gf doesnt stop ignoring them, there are more important Pokemon. I dont want every Pokemon to get Megas anyway and the Johto Starters should be one of those, that dont get them.

They are clearly going to get them though, I think it's obvious that all starters will get a mega at some point.

Years
  • I dont like the Johto Starters and i hope Gf doesnt stop ignoring them, there are more important Pokemon. I dont want every Pokemon to get Megas anyway and the Johto Starters should be one of those, that dont get them.
    What do you mean by "important"?
    I'm sure all the starters will eventually get Megas.

With Lopunny and Audino getting a mega, and to a lesser extent Slowbro, I'm willing to bet that all fully evolved Pokemon, over time, will get one. It's a sure fire way to continue creating 'new' mons and reduce the need for new lines altogether
    I just hope they don't stop creating new lines. It makes it kind of lazy. Especially since there's still a lot of animals they can use as inspiration for new Pokemon left.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Here's the video debut of Audino and Masuda in full (German)

Dat Petalburg City music omg.
    And I just realised Masuda actually said "Hoenn Confirmed".

Last edited:
    Years
  • omg the Petalburg City music is so beautiful ;~;

I definitely hope GF doesn't stop making new lines (or limit new branched evos. to Eevee). I love Megas a lot, but there are some Pokemon I feel would be much better off receiving a new evo. or two, and THEN they can get a Mega for their new final form. Some of the current Megas I believe should've received new evos. before receiving Mega Evos., namely Mawile (even though its Mega kicks ass) and Sableye.

Years
  • omg the Petalburg City music is so beautiful ;~;

I definitely hope GF doesn't stop making new lines (or limit new branched evos. to Eevee). I love Megas a lot, but there are some Pokemon I feel would be much better off receiving a new evo. or two, and THEN they can get a Mega for their new final form. Some of the current Megas I believe should've received new evos. before receiving Mega Evos., namely Mawile (even though its Mega kicks ass) and Sableye.

I think the same about Audino, as I saw it as a Chansey clone and Chansey has Blissey.

Petalburg's theme is fitting as Audino is part normal type {:3}

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back