• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Years
I followed this instructions for windows and it is not working for me.

Then I saw that the BPRE0.gba is actually a BINARY not a GBA. I don't know how to change it to that. Anyone here can tell me? Thanks in advance :)

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 28, 2022
I followed this instructions for windows and it is not working for me.

Then I saw that the BPRE0.gba is actually a BINARY not a GBA. I don't know how to change it to that. Anyone here can tell me? Thanks in advance :)

Well you don't have to change anything, just rename your .GBA file to BPRE0.GBA and paste it into the root of the folder where you have extracted the code. Run make and then insert.py the file will be created as test.gba Hope this helps :) (Also check that you have correctly installed DevKitARM and make, if its still giving an error post a screenshot)

PS : If you are asking about something other than what I thought about please reply...

Years
Well you don't have to change anything, just rename your .GBA file to BPRE0.GBA and paste it into the root of the folder where you have extracted the code. Run make and then insert.py the file will be created as test.gba Hope this helps :) (Also check that you have correctly installed DevKitARM and make, if its still giving an error post a screenshot)

PS : If you are asking about something other than what I thought about please reply...

Heya. I think I made it this time. I just don't add a .gba part when I rename my rom (I am adding it before. I know, I'm dumb :S).

Thanks for the reply.

Years
I made a patch for someone who wants, it have Touched's Mega Evolution System working fine.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9504213

Heya. I tried to look into this patch and it works well. It works perfectly fine on my already edited hack. ^_^

But there's one thing though, after the mega evolution, instead of the icon/particle that was supposed to be the rainbow mega evolution icon-thing (sorry i hope you get what i mean) the one that appears was the skull icon of the move Curse.

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
Heya. I tried to look into this patch and it works well. It works perfectly fine on my already edited hack. ^_^

But there's one thing though, after the mega evolution, instead of the icon/particle that was supposed to be the rainbow mega evolution icon-thing (sorry i hope you get what i mean) the one that appears was the skull icon of the move Curse.

That means he didn't add mega evolution particle in that patch.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Yeah. Kinda figured that out. I just thought I should point that out since it is a patch.

Well, when I compiled the source of the Mega Evolution the icon was there but after using it in-game it won't appeared, but if I fix this I will post the patch for it.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 9, 2022
I got the mega evolution working awhile ago, and I've been adding all of the generation 1-3 mega evolutions. Now I'm up to Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. So I was wondering, if there's a way to get primal reversion and wishing, without G3T, because I have Mr. DollSteak's rombase already installed, and it's only compatible with G3H. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
I got the mega evolution working awhile ago, and I've been adding all of the generation 1-3 mega evolutions. Now I'm up to Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. So I was wondering, if there's a way to get primal reversion and wishing, without G3T, because I have Mr. DollSteak's rombase already installed, and it's only compatible with G3H. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Primal reversion and Wishing aren't implemented on this system.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Just wondering, can Zen Darmanitan and Ash-Greninja mechanics be implemented by modifying some parts of this mechanic?

I believe a lot of things like that can be implemented doing it, like Darmanitan, Greninja, Zygarde, and can be the way for In-Battle Evolutions, but first we need to implement Primal/Wishing like Touched described (with the unused halfword), then we'll be able to add many new options.

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
I believe a lot of things like that can be implemented doing it, like Darmanitan, Greninja, Zygarde, and can be the way for In-Battle Evolutions, but first we need to implement Primal/Wishing like Touched described (with the unused halfword), then we'll be able to add many new options.

That's nice to hear... Maybe it can also lead to implementing Z-moves in the future (if that's even possible)...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
That's nice to hear... Maybe it can also lead to implementing Z-moves in the future (if that's even possible)...

I think it's possible too, but I don't believe Touched will continue his progress with this system, but since the code is public we can do any edits to make it work the way we want (that's my case).

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 9, 2022
When I use Mega Evolution, it works fine. But when the opponent attempts to, it the dialog refers to the Pokemon as Bad Egg and the animation still occurs, but the Pokemon still stays the same. Is there something I'm missing?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
When I use Mega Evolution, it works fine. But when the opponent attempts to, it the dialog refers to the Pokemon as Bad Egg and the animation still occurs, but the Pokemon still stays the same. Is there something I'm missing?

The enemy Mega Evo only works fine with the first Pok?mon in enemy's party.

Touched, I know you're not moving up with this system, but can you tell me how to fix the issue with enemy's Mega Evo if it isn't in first slot?

Last edited:
Years
Touched, I know you're not moving up with this system, but can you tell me how to fix the issue with enemy's Mega Evo if it isn't in first slot?
I'm pretty certain the latest commit fixed this, although it still behaves strangely in double battles. For singles it should be working fine however.

Back