• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Fav's?

Years
  • Here's a list of my fave Mega Evolutions with reasons to back it up:

006-mx.png

Mega Charizard X
    I used to hate Charizard for many generations because he was overrated as hell, but I think this particular Mega form of Charizard made me start to love him a bit more. He's secretly the Kanto starter I want to use on my Pokemon X playthrough when I get the games thanks to how great his ability is combined with the majority of his physical movepool.

282-m.png

Mega Gardevoir
    I love Fairy-types, and Psychic-types, and Gardevoir is one such Pokemon of both those types. The Mega Evolution gives it an awesome ability in Pixilate which turns all its Normal attacks into Fairy-type and strengthens them too. I'm imagining how this thing will dominate once Hyper Voice becomes available for it when Pokemon Bank is launched.

303-m.png

Mega Mawile
    This one's an example of an underrated, often overlooked Pokemon needing more love done right. Not only did a Mega benefit it greatly in competitive play, but that additional Fairy-type gives it so many resistances, as well as losing one of its weaknesses (Fighting). Huge Power is also a really great ability because oh man it hits so hard with it.

181-m.png

Mega Ampharos
    I liked this one more for its looks as opposed to strength in battle. It gains a type combination that's only shared with a Legendary Pokemon (Zekrom) and oh man that hair is so fabulous, it's Amph-abulous!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Slightly off topic: Why is it that everyone (I swear, EVERYONE) calls Mega Ampharos's hair/mane/wig "fabulous"? No other word is ever used. It's always fabulous.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Mega Blaziken! I just got the event Torchic a few hours ago. It only took about an hour of soft resetting until I got myself an adamant Torchic with perfect IV's in attack and speed. Thanks to the exp share I already evolved it into Blaziken. This is my first event Pokemon and I'm having a ball with it. Can't wait to take on the Battle Maison and completely wreck everyone's ****!
    You can soft reset the event Pokemon?! :(

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • I love Mega Blastoise aesthetically. I use Mega Kangaskhan in competive battles, and she's very awesome. Overall I think I like Mega Mawile the best, she has a great design and is a very potent Pokémon.

Years
  • Mega bannette and mega gengar are my favorites.
    On another note, mega lucario actually makes me like lucario whereas I haven't before.
    I also would have loved to see mega abomasnow just be a permanent evolution, it fits so well.

Years
  • Yeah. You just save in front of the delivery person once you've downloaded the event Pokemon.

To expand on this for new people.
    • download the event pokemon
    • only have five pokemon in your party( so you don't have to run to the PC everytime.)
    • save in front of the delivery person.
    • accept pokemon and check to see if it has desired results.
    • if not, soft reset ( L+R + start) and repeat until you do. You will start up right where you last saved in front of the delivery person.

Years
  • Mega Medicham! It helps me a lot during wifi battle. Definitely the best mega ever. Feeling very attached to my Dhalsim, the Medicham.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    My favorite is Aerodactyl especially since it does not look naked anymore and plus the abiltiy hone claws is amazing because it boosts physical attacks and rock slide can be a beast in triple battles

Years
  • I love Mega Houndoom, Banette, Gengar, and Scizor the best. I really wish that these forms were actual evolutions though, it would be so much better. They are really well designed.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • Here's a list of my fave Mega Evolutions with reasons to back it up:

282-m.png

Mega Gardevoir
    I love Fairy-types, and Psychic-types, and Gardevoir is one such Pokemon of both those types. The Mega Evolution gives it an awesome ability in Pixilate which turns all its Normal attacks into Fairy-type and strengthens them too. I'm imagining how this thing will dominate once Hyper Voice becomes available for it when Pokemon Bank is launched.

303-m.png

Mega Mawile
    This one's an example of an underrated, often overlooked Pokemon needing more love done right. Not only did a Mega benefit it greatly in competitive play, but that additional Fairy-type gives it so many resistances, as well as losing one of its weaknesses (Fighting). Huge Power is also a really great ability because oh man it hits so hard with it.
    You're missing Mega Absol. ...y? qq

For me, it has to be:

1. Mega Mawile - Basically the ultimate Dragon-slayer. An increase to both physical attack and defense makes this thing a beast. Add to that attack buff, Huge Power makes this thing a wonderful beast. Add to THAT, a defensive nature plus Iron Defense makes Mega Mawile a magnificent beast. And. ADD. TO. THAT. Power-Up Punch. Dear Lilligant.
    2. Mega Gardevoir - Her design could've been better. Much better. But, she's still one of my favorite Pokemon.
    3. Mega Absol - So. Beautiful.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I really like Mega Blastoise. I don't necessarily think it's the best mega available, but Blastoise is my favorite Pokémon, and therefore, I like using its mega on my team. Personally, I prefer the look of regular Blastoise to Mega Blastoise (hated the look of the mega at first), but the mega form has really grown on me over time.

I haven't really had a chance to try out the other megas yet, so I haven't established strong opinions in that regard, but I suppose I'm also a fan of both Mega Charizards, Mega Ampharos (mainly for looks/GSC nostalgia), and Mega Gengar.

Back