• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Mewtwo Strikes Back (MSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    hey meowth i see my name is still up as a spriter. so if you need anything i guess you can ask, unless you dont need me to sprite anymore.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
    Yeah, you're under the Past Team section. If you still want to be on the team, I'd love to add you to the current team.

Do you have MSN?

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    sure add me on id love to sprite for this again! but sadly i dont, i have aim though...if that counts for anything.

Danno

Years
    Sure, AIM works :D

I'll add ya back on.

And here's an update:

I added the female/Sinnoh Ash running sprites, had to make them myself.

also added the surf sprites for male and female.

AAAND added in Haxy's Officer Jenny sprites.

Next up: Adding Neesha, Fergus, and Corey. And if I can get Miranda sprites, her too.

Danno

Years
    Yep, sure do :D

And here's something else we'll need in the future... using the same size sprite and setup from the sprite given, we'll need the viking ship.

Meowth is mounted to the front. :D

Mewtwo Strikes Back (MSB)

Danno

Years
    I went ahead and edited the Fergus sprite, and found Kris's old overworld sprites, too. :D

Mewtwo Strikes Back (MSB)

Last edited:

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Well, it's buggy, the dialogue is less than fantastic, and the logic is lacking. (...Why does some random guy run up and give you HM03, with absolutely no explanation whatsoever and not even Ash going, "Wait, what just happened here?" when you could just as easily get Surf from Pikachu when it hands you your three Pokémon and Pokédex?) Still... it has potential, and I'm sure it will improve with time and the less logical aspects will get rescripted. This is an alpha, after all...

Anyway, I wanted to say that if you need a Mewtwo OW, I've made one for my hack and would be glad to share, since the OW in the FireRed base hack can only face forward. In my hack I replaced the Seel OW with my Mewtwo one, so it can look in all directions but doesn't have any walking animations. But I figured that makes sense for Mewtwo, since it just floats everywhere anyway.

I'm going to be doing Mew the same way, so let me know if you'd like either Mew or Mewtwo OWs from the side and back.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    (...Why does some random guy run up and give you HM03, with absolutely no explanation whatsoever and not even Ash going, "Wait, what just happened here?" when you could just as easily get Surf from Pikachu when it hands you your three Pokémon and Pokédex?)

That's the place where you guys have to change.
    Either make it a battle or a quest to find something (Hidden Item) for the Man to give you a HM03. That doesn't only makes the Gameplay Longer, it also makes more sense too.

P.S Thanks, Ckret, for reminding this for me.

And woot! Finally! The 1,000th post!! Wooh Yea!

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
    Years
    wel, at leats they're trying. :)
    It's pretty hard to mak a game out of a movie, and the first alpha is indeed buggy. Nut hey, what are the first alphas ment for else? For trying ideas.

Danno

Years
    Trust me, that has been an error for almost a year, and I've asked the scripters TIME AND AGAIN to make it so Misty gives you the HM.

So that can't be used against us. An old scripter added that in when we first started.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    i really enyoyed playing the alpha up to getting charizard....id be really excited if this finished...............soon xD

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
    Years
    Good

Good. I really do like this hack, however I've not been seeing any big updates recently.
    Please hurry, we're desparate!

*Aham*

Glad to see this is back in production. Legendary hack in the making I say.
    Good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back