• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Mewtwo to make an appearance?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    We've not heard from mewtwo in a while so I was looking at his page on bulbapedia and found this

The city that Mewtwo is seen overlooking at the end of Mewtwo Returns bears a great resemblance to real life new york city. Buildings that resemble the chrysler building and metlife building can be seen in the distance. The narrator refers to it as "a far away city."

Unova is far away and based on new york......

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    As much as I do agree it makes sense, I just don't think it will happen.

You could also take into consideration that the Plasma vs Rocket episode is happening around Castelia City.

But still - like I was saying, I highly doubt it. The only Pokémon we should really be seeing at the moment are Unova pokémon, as the anime are following the games trend on only having pokémon created in this generation. (At least before you finnish the main story) The only other generation pokémon we've seen so far is Pikachu and Meowth, but they're Main characters/Pokémon.

I think a better speculation would be Genosect, if you have a look at the previews and pictures there are purple lights coming off of the meteorite thingee and that big thing Jessie shoots, I think the colours resemble Genosect primary colouring a lot.

Years
  • That might be true, but Mewtwo Returns was released in the year 2000. Do you think they would want to incorporate something which was just in a movie for a few seconds ten years later in Unova?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    That might be true, but Mewtwo Returns was released in the year 2000. Do you think they would want to incorporate something which was just in a movie for a few seconds ten years later in Unova?
    Well it wasn't really a movie, it was a special. But anyway, Mewtwo made appearences in the anime episodes too, which showed it did have something to do with Team Rockets main plot. I don't see why they couldn't incorporate an old plot into it, they're going all for the first series references etc..

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • I'm more inclined to believe that the whole 'city far away' thing was just something 4Kids cooked up as a place to just chuck Mewtwo so there would be no annoying questions. It would be interesting to see Mewtwo make another appearance but even if he did it would probably just be a cameo or a split second thing.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Well let's see; Team Rocket have been going after Mewtwo for a while now and already they are pretty active in the Unova region. What could they be after for this time? Could it be that they are still going after Mewtwo or did they just give up on that Pokemom? We haven't heard from Mewtwo for a while now but we have seen Mew. We most likely not however, see him since Pokemon from other regions are very rare in the Unova region but then again, he might just appear later on if Team Rocket is still after it. I'm still going to doubt that we'll see him though.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • That would be pretty cool if Mewtwo turned out to be in Unova, perhaps there would be a bit about him protecting his new home from the invasion of Rockets?

It's unlikely, but it would be awesome.

Toa77

A Creative Writer
    Years
  • It's not likely going to happen because of all the reasons everyone's stated. But it would be cool to have him back, especially if there's going to be Genosect. (Mewtwo vs. Genosect! Place your bets!)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • That might be true, but Mewtwo Returns was released in the year 2000. Do you think they would want to incorporate something which was just in a movie for a few seconds ten years later in Unova?

Well, it's possible, and it would be paying very nice attention to a few seconds of detail, IMO, even if the city Mewtwo was seen in isn't actually in Unova. From what I've heard, Mewtwo and Genosect share very similar origins, so a Mewtwo cameo isn't entirely out of the question. They're even the same color!
    I actually saw the same screenshot and got the same idea of a Mewtwo-in-Unova cameo as well. :P

Come on, writers...Mewtwo vs. Genosect for a Best Wishes special! It can happen! :D
    Spr_4d_150.png
    Spr_5b_649.png

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • Mewtwo, though awesome, is probably not going to appear in Best Wishes...however, in the series that'll follow in Isshu, though chances are like 1 in a billion, it could happen...but, by now, wouldn't the voice actor of Mewtwo's voice changed?

Years

• Well it wasn't really a movie, it was a special. But anyway, Mewtwo made appearences in the anime episodes too, which showed it did have something to do with Team Rockets main plot. I don't see why they couldn't incorporate an old plot into it, they're going all for the first series references etc..
    What I meant was that the writers wouldn't have even thought of Unova 10 years back, so there is no way that could be the case.

Guy

just a guy
    Years

• What I meant was that the writers wouldn't have even thought of Unova 10 years back, so there is no way that could be the case.
    They are writers though, so if they wanted, they could intertwine some relative story to it. Saying Mewtwo originated in a "far away city" leaves a lot of room for possibilities, because of how loose-ended it is. Not that I'm saying it will happen, because I myself doubt it, but it's not impossible to incorporate given what was mentioned in the original post.

For the very least I would say there's a slim chance of Team Rocket or Giovanni mentioning Mewtwo if that's where he's from.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As cool as it'd be to see Mewtwo again, I don't think it'll be appearing for a while because we're watching the Unova saga (I don't think Pokemon outside from Unova other than Pikachu and Meowth would make an appearance there).

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Probably not going to happen, but I'd really like it too. I also wish they brought Domino back.

Back