• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mirage Island

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Never

Have never been there. I tried for months every day, day and night. I gave up, but recently found the mirage island. Once I stepped on it, the game freezed. It was a sign from above sent to me that said the island was pointless.

Years
  • Looking over this conversation made me want to try to get to Mirage Island today. Since I traded most of my pokemon over to other games, I knew I wasn't gonna find it. Oh well, brought back a few old memories.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I finally got there once, it was pretty boring though, never bothered trying to go back again.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I never took the time to find it but i did know about it at the time when i played gen 3.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Throughout my years of playing and traveling through Hoenn, sadly no. I remember everyday in the 5th grade I would go to Pacifidlog Town to that old mans house to check and see if he sees the island. Ugh I was so frustrated with him and Mirage Island.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • I learned about the mirage island shortly after the release of Emerald, actually... I was so psyched about it! The thought of a disappearing island was so cool!
    So I tried for a LONG period of time to get there, checking that old man everyday, being disappointed when he always said no, but you know...
    From what I read in these post, the experience isn't all that rewarding.
    Gamefreak nearly got this right. :c
    I mean, Liechi berries and level 50 Wynauts are sweet, but they could've added a lot more to make the place more enjoyable. >.< They could have added a cave, an event, cooler Pokemon... D;
    This is something they really need to recreate. Too late for Black and White, though... An Island only appearing to the lucky... Holding some kind of a legendary on it, or heck, an island with every single berry on it!! That would be friggin' awesome!!

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • I've gotten to mirage island once back in 2006 in my Emerald version. I nearly had a heart attack when the guy said he could see mirage island today. I was disappointed when I got there because all you can do is catch a bunch of Wynaut and get some berries. The Island itself is not impressive in any way.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • i got lucky

I got really lucky cause I GOT TO MIRAGE ISLAND TWO TIMES IN A ROW!!!!!!!
    :shocked::shocked::shocked:
    Seroiusly, I'm not kidding.

I found it the first time with luck, then I checked back the next day, and the old man saw it again.

Cool huh?

Years
  • I never got the point. After finally getting Emerald, I realised that you can get a Wynaut from the Old Lady in a town (I forget which one) and the only other thing there is a Liechi berry. I'm glad I didn't waste my life getting there, as on Heartgold I now have 20 Liechi berries attached to Pokemon from Wi-fi events. Thanks, Nintendo!

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
  • I went there once. I didn't realize it was so rare until just now. I was pretty happy about it because the old man finally said he saw it.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • My internal clock is goofed up so I can't go to it as my game's in game time never changes!Grrrr... But it doesn't really sound like I'm missing much.

Ryoji

Transfer Student
    Years
  • I like the idea of a secret island that appears randomly but there wasn't much to do there. Hopefully in the hoenn remakes they add some more stuff on mirage island.

Ryukouki

BW Metagame Player
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2011
    I played the games for four years and it never appeared. :(

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • i hate that island. All the trouble for deoxys. I have no time to be going aroung withdrawing and dipostiting pokemon which i traded to find one who matches, its just tooo annoying !!!

Back