• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • Yes, in V2 it's in Finagold Terrace, but unfortunately due to bugs you'll only get there if one of your Careers is Seeker. Although I did place lots of defense-boosting items in Iron Hollow I think and I think some protein may be in Tanzite Tunnel.

Unfortunately i already used up all the proteins and yes i am in seeker career. When shall i be able to go to the Finagold Terrace? I am currently doing the ruins of kala event.

Just an advice:
    If you haven't already, you should make an stat boosting items shop somewhere before we travel to ekaruba island.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2018
    I have activated the ancient orb that i get from that Troy guy. What do i have to do now? And i found eli's ring, but where can i find Eli?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I hate to inform you Avaramoon that I've noticed a glitch in the tri-poke challenge in which you can infinitely challenge it to gain infinite rare candies. Unless you already knew about this then maybe this should be fixed in v3?

No worries, not a bug, it's intentional. =)

Hey avara I tried to pm you my report for the patch you sent me to beta test, but apparently your inbox is full.

Getting 5 rare candies every time you complete it, although helpful, is a bit overpowered. Maybe changing it to sitrus berries/oran berries would be better?

Thanks, hadn't even noticed, I'll be sure to delete some older messages! I'm re-doing the TriPoke Challenge to gain 3 rare candies when beaten, but also hopefully going to try and make it harder each time you beat it. Fingers crossed!

Unfortunately i already used up all the proteins and yes i am in seeker career. When shall i be able to go to the Finagold Terrace? I am currently doing the ruins of kala event.

Just an advice:
    If you haven't already, you should make an stat boosting items shop somewhere before we travel to ekaruba island.

I'm happy with where the stat boosting item shop is for now, I kind of wanted the Azradon evolutions to be difficult to manipulate by yourself at the beginning, but for V3 I'll be sure to place more stat-boosting items in some caves and other places =)

I have activated the ancient orb that i get from that Troy guy. What do i have to do now? And i found eli's ring, but where can i find Eli?

If you've found Eli's ring, you're already done with the whole Ekaruba Island arc =) but you can't go to his house and return it to him until V3, since that's going to be the start of the next sub-story events =P

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2018
    I can't Fight Troy in his gym either. It said that troy is away or something. I choose the criminal career

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    hi i cant play ips files on vba what shoud i do???
    please give me an answer

You have to patch the Mirage Of Tales IPS file to a clean FireRed rom. I use Lunar IPS. =)

Oeps sorry my bad :p But thanks for the info :)

No worries! =) The only reason I left it out is because then-after the Gym Leader Career arc will start, which needs loads of work.

BlueEon

Weavile
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Avara? Can you tell me if my Azardon has any evolutions? Thaynks. :)

Years
  • Couple of questions for this awesome looking hack (after reading the thread b/c I haven't played it YET)

1. I wonder, if you choose Thug over Seeker, will you still able to catch all the pokemon that a seeker would catch, because what I understood was that the seeker goes for legendary/rare pokemon, but since every criminal organisation in the other pokemon games 'hunts' for those pokemon as well I assumed you would, but a confirmation would be nice! :)

2. What amount of playing time will I be able to put in this version, because if it's only a good 2 hours I rater wait for the final version to come out. (If I may ask, how far are you away from version 3, if you're planning to make that the final version ofcourse)

3. I don't really get the gymleader thing, because the FAQ said that the first gymleader is really strong, but does that mean they're like level 20 already or around lvl 40 so becoming a gymleader will be really though, I like the fact that gym's are optional though, because some gymleaders can be a pain in the ass..

4. What's up with the Physical/Special split, I assume 3rd gen and below because not many people bother to change it (which annoys me a bit, because I love the way it is in gen 4 and above :P)

Last edited:

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Couple of questions for this awesome looking hack (after reading the thread b/c I haven't played it YET)

1. I wonder, if you choose Thug over Seeker, will you still able to catch all the pokemon that a seeker would catch, because what I understood was that the seeker goes for legendary/rare pokemon, but since every criminal organisation in the other pokemon games 'hunts' for those pokemon as well I assumed you would, but a confirmation would be nice! :)

2. What amount of playing time will I be able to put in this version, because if it's only a good 2 hours I rater wait for the final version to come out. (If I may ask, how far are you away from version 3, if you're planning to make that the final version ofcourse)

3. I don't really get the gymleader thing, because the FAQ said that the first gymleader is really strong, but does that mean they're like level 20 already or around lvl 40 so becoming a gymleader will be really though, I like the fact that gym's are optional though, because some gymleaders can be a pain in the ass..

4. What's up with the Physical/Special split, I assume 3rd gen and below because not many people bother to change it (which annoys me a bit, because I love the way it is in gen 4 and above :P)
    I'll answer what I can, from my own experiences in game:
    1. No idea, curious about this myself.

2. I've put over 4 hours into it, and that's just with one career! You can always replay this one and choose a different career to further enjoy the story, which means there are at least 4 playthroughs for this version, and that should keep us busy until Version 3 comes out. (As far as I know, Version 3 will not be the final version, but I can't say for sure)

3. I have taken the Gym Leader challenge at each town, and the first gym is strong because of the requirements, and the average level of the surrounding areas, but overall it isn't too much of a stretch. I was able to win with a team consisting of level 14 (starter) level 8 Sandshrew and level 6 something else (can't remember, been a while lol) though I used quite a few potions to survive.

4. I can't answer as I don't really pay attention to the little things on a first play through lol. Sorry about that.

Hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2016
    Okay, so I found out how to use IPS files and im all sorted on that jazz, but I was wondering if you could post a Map of the whole region? Im also having troubles getting through the shadow gym.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • This hack is awesome! I love it so much! I'm currently on the hunt of the experimented absol and I'm kind of lost in that... Besides that, I can't wait for Version 3 to come out!

Currently: Researcher/Seeker/

Beaten Gyms: All 7 in this beta

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2018
    Yes my evil side will come out me and Noctowl will rule? Mega noctowl plox dragon dark I will always love u if u do that!

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    I've read the above posts about patching the ips file. But would there be any way that you could make a downloadable version that is a .gba or .zip format for those of us that are having trouble patching it?

I am on an iPad and have no way of patching it (as I found out after a few hours of searching, reading posts, and lots of trial/error through sugarsync, Dropbox, and izip). This could make it a smoother process as well for the other people that want to play the hack but maybe aren't as technologically sound. Plus, it just cuts out an entire step for everyone :D

Also if someone could PM me a file or something that would work as well. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    I need help. I have already found suicune and entei and they ran off. I have already have caught the genetically altered pokemon. I just got the canal pass but can't find the aqueducts. Where is it? Please help. I really enjoy the hack. Found many glitches but still extremely good. I have best all the leaders except the last one. And I can't get to the lapras in the cave that opens up using the ancient orb from the goldrush. Where can I find the waterfall hm? Ps I use the walk through walls cheat to see what was up there ;) haha btw when you battle lapras and capture it while using the wtw cheat you get a black screen after capturing it. Over all how do I get to finagold terrace? I can't find the aqueducts anywhere.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • I've read the above posts about patching the ips file. But would there be any way that you could make a downloadable version that is a .gba or .zip format for those of us that are having trouble patching it?

I am on an iPad and have no way of patching it (as I found out after a few hours of searching, reading posts, and lots of trial/error through sugarsync, Dropbox, and izip). This could make it a smoother process as well for the other people that want to play the hack but maybe aren't as technologically sound. Plus, it just cuts out an entire step for everyone :D

Also if someone could PM me a file or something that would work as well. Thanks.
    If you had read the rules, you would know that it's against the rules to post links to ROMs. The fastest way for you to get this game would be to have someone you know download and patch it, then upload it to their dropbox or mediafire and give you a link (without bringing that link to PC, else you risk a ban)

I'm not a moderator, but it really bugs me when someone posts a request for a ROM, since the rules clearly state that such links are not allowed.

Thank you for understanding, and I wish you luck with your Apple advent.

EDIT: @Dakota Aaron I believe a few of your questions have already been answered, check the previous posts :)

BlueEon

Weavile
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Can someone tell me what I need to do after I get the Silph Scope from the guy at Sola cape? How do I return to the Headquarters and give Janelle the Silph Scope?

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    If you had read the rules, you would know that it's against the rules to post links to ROMs. The fastest way for you to get this game would be to have someone you know download and patch it, then upload it to their dropbox or mediafire and give you a link (without bringing that link to PC, else you risk a ban)

I'm not a moderator, but it really bugs me when someone posts a request for a ROM, since the rules clearly state that such links are not allowed.

Thank you for understanding, and I wish you luck with your Apple advent.

EDIT: @Dakota Aaron I believe a few of your questions have already been answered, check the previous posts :)

Sorry I am new to the forum and haven't yet read the rules. Thanks for the reply. Although I don't understand the difference between making people patch it and just giving people the rom straight. Either way it still distributes the hack. Ugh rules :/

Back