• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • I already got all of the 3 evolutions of the starter using savestates when my starter was at 39 to do diff ev trainings. Overall i prefer the one with the fire moves since his stats are better, but his Cry is like mewtwo's and on the pokmon page during his moving sprite you can see mewtwo's blinking sprite every time the stance of the starter changes.

This also happens with the electric moves one, but with Ho-oh in place of mewtwo.

The ice one doesnt have this bug that annoys me a lot, so i picked him :P

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • I already got all of the 3 evolutions of the starter using savestates when my starter was at 39 to do diff ev trainings. Overall i prefer the one with the fire moves since his stats are better, but his Cry is like mewtwo's and on the pokmon page during his moving sprite you can see mewtwo's blinking sprite every time the stance of the starter changes.

This also happens with the electric moves one, but with Ho-oh in place of mewtwo.

The ice one doesnt have this bug that annoys me a lot, so i picked him :P

Avara has fixed this for version 3. At least for the fire one. I believe they don't move at all anymore.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    this game is sick, I can't stop playing it and trying to get Houndour. my only complaint is there's no megas in it. plz add em

MrXanoq

The lazy
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    Great game !
    Always dreamed of a pokemon game where u can make choose wich path u take evil or good or even neutral.
    Its allready so fun and the game isnt done yet :D
    But what would be realy handy is a map :)

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • this game is sick, I can't stop playing it and trying to get Houndour. my only complaint is there's no megas in it. plz add em
    I might be the only one, but I'd prefer it if there were no mega evolutions in ANY roms.

Still, even if they are added, I won't use them. Besides, this is a FireRed hack, so I doubt it's even possible to add Mega Evolutions without ASM routines. Any devs out there, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    I might be the only one, but I'd prefer it if there were no mega evolutions in ANY roms.

Still, even if they are added, I won't use them. Besides, this is a FireRed hack, so I doubt it's even possible to add Mega Evolutions without ASM routines. Any devs out there, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

have u seen how sick mega houndoom is? I prefer him permanently stuck like that

Bliss

Years
  • have u seen how sick mega houndoom is? I prefer him permanently stuck like that
    Just looked it up, ugly.

I prefer cute Pokemon, and I've always been the type of trainer to go with Pokemon I like instead of Pokemon that are strong. Glad you like Mega Houndoom, but I can't stand big, gaudy looking Pokemon. Though that's just my opinion. If you like Mega Evolutions, more power to ya. To each his or her own.

Anyway, still waiting for an update~ (Even though I'm focusing more on my HTML tasks...)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    this game is sick, I can't stop playing it and trying to get Houndour. my only complaint is there's no megas in it. plz add em

I'm not a fan of the concept of Mega Evolution really, plus it would be extremely hard to implement. I do like some of the Mega sprites though; I used the Mega Absol sprite as the sprite for a genetically-altered Absol, so I might use more in the future but they wont be Mega Evolutions just standalone Pokémon. =P

Great game !
    Always dreamed of a pokemon game where u can make choose wich path u take evil or good or even neutral.
    Its allready so fun and the game isnt done yet :D
    But what would be realy handy is a map :)

I know, I know, we need a world map, but it's very hard to edit and I'm still trying to learn. Sadly until I do there won't be a world map =P

So i need to farm to defeat Tristan but i dont know where to farm. Any ideas?

I don't understand what you mean, do you mean training or are you trying to get to Moor Farm? There are plenty of trainers in the routes to be beaten =P

MrXanoq

The lazy
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    Wel i have an alternate idea for mega evolutions that might fit in ur story :D
    What if u can buy a serum from the sientist that evolves all pokemon that mega evolve in the normal games but permantly so some kind of firestone if u can alter that mechanic and use that for a serum and then just add en extra evolution to those pokemon.
    And it kind of fits in :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    I don't understand what you mean, do you mean training or are you trying to get to Moor Farm? There are plenty of trainers in the routes to be beaten =P

But they have so low level pokemans xD

Also does the starter (Cant remember its name) evovle dont tell me how or when or what just tell me if it does xD

ALSO ALSO i need a moon stone for skitty to get a snorlax xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Wel i have an alternate idea for mega evolutions that might fit in ur story :D
    What if u can buy a serum from the sientist that evolves all pokemon that mega evolve in the normal games but permantly so some kind of firestone if u can alter that mechanic and use that for a serum and then just add en extra evolution to those pokemon.
    And it kind of fits in :D

I've not got plans to add Mega Evolution into the game at all, but you're idea is good for people who do. It would be a good way to add it. =)

But they have so low level pokemans xD

Also does the starter (Cant remember its name) evovle dont tell me how or when or what just tell me if it does xD

ALSO ALSO i need a moon stone for skitty to get a snorlax xD

Evolving Skitty won't work due to a bug with the Pokedex that's also on my seemingly never-ending list of things I have to look at, lol. Azradon does evolve =)

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of the concept of Mega Evolution really, plus it would be extremely hard to implement. I do like some of the Mega sprites though; I used the Mega Absol sprite as the sprite for a genetically-altered Absol, so I might use more in the future but they wont be Mega Evolutions just standalone Pokémon. =P
    Could be a way to include them in-game without making this Hack over invaded with that kind of creatures. Yeah you guessed right I'm not a fan of mega-evolution. =)

Farming in Pokemon means training for a while in grass. A resquested way of playing in pokemon gemme which is a hard game. =)

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Evolving Skitty won't work due to a bug with the Pokedex that's also on my seemingly never-ending list of things I have to look at, lol. Azradon does evolve =)
    I just found out... And i nearly went to shock :( i want a SNORLAX D:

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Good news, guys! I finally got the Physical/Special split in, with the help of DoesntKnowHowToPlay's epic patch. I always assumed that it could only be used for hacks that were just starting out, and was too scared to try it before in case it reverted all my hard work back into FireRed, but it didn't! (silly me). So, all credit going to DoesntKnowHowToPlay, but we finally have PSS! Woo! The only thing is, it doesn't display icons to show that the moves are Physical/Special/Status, but I'm not too worried about it as long as the actual mechanic is in. A small update with little to no work on my part, but one I'm pretty happy about all the same! Lol

Years
  • Good news, guys! I finally got the Physical/Special split in, with the help of DoesntKnowHowToPlay's epic patch. I always assumed that it could only be used for hacks that were just starting out, and was too scared to try it before in case it reverted all my hard work back into FireRed, but it didn't! (silly me). So, all credit going to DoesntKnowHowToPlay, but we finally have PSS! Woo! The only thing is, it doesn't display icons to show that the moves are Physical/Special/Status, but I'm not too worried about it as long as the actual mechanic is in. A small update with little to no work on my part, but one I'm pretty happy about all the same! Lol

Nice to see the PSS in the game, because almost every early and mid-game water type is Physical based (not that you really need a water-type though)
    Also, have you thaught about implementing some fighting type moves (maybe just some easy one's like karate chop, or low kick) because my Milktank is sort of OP my Milktank alteast :S, mine has a defence boosting nature, Thickfat, 100+ base speed and somewhere between 80 or 90 attack. With no weaknesses it's almost an unbreakable wall (mid/late game in version 2). I still have defence curl on it, so just use it 1 time, give your milktank a hard stone (to boost its rollout) and use milkdrink and body slam as the 2 leftover moves and you sweep any team that's physical based or uses fire/ice moves pokemon.
    Milktank is not gamebreaking though.

And you probably know me by now, so you'd know I still have more question following up, so here I go:
    Does the starter has one or 2 evolutions?
    And also, mine learned flamethrower and D-Claw after evolving in his second form, I thaught it crunch through an TM (which will be nearly useless after the PSS) but it still has powder snow, I was wondering if it would still learn Ice Beam and If you could give it some kind of ability.

And secondly, will Zweilous be able to evolve in Hydreigon in Version 3, not really necessary now because Zweilous is pretty damn good if the PSS is implented.

And last but not least, Will I still be able to easily transform my .sav files when version 3 comes out, because my team will will start to wreck everybody at the championship, and is somebody able to help me to get to the Dark-Type gymleader in the Villa town, because I spent like an Hour and a half just walking around in it, pressing my arrow keys and hoping I'd find the breakthrough eventually

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Nice to see the PSS in the game, because almost every early and mid-game water type is Physical based (not that you really need a water-type though)
    Also, have you thaught about implementing some fighting type moves (maybe just some easy one's like karate chop, or low kick) because my Milktank is sort of OP my Milktank alteast :S, mine has a defence boosting nature, Thickfat, 100+ base speed and somewhere between 80 or 90 attack. With no weaknesses it's almost an unbreakable wall (mid/late game in version 2). I still have defence curl on it, so just use it 1 time, give your milktank a hard stone (to boost its rollout) and use milkdrink and body slam as the 2 leftover moves and you sweep any team that's physical based or uses fire/ice moves pokemon.
    Milktank is not gamebreaking though.

And you probably know me by now, so you'd know I still have more question following up, so here I go:
    Does the starter has one or 2 evolutions?
    And also, mine learned flamethrower and D-Claw after evolving in his second form, I thaught it crunch through an TM (which will be nearly useless after the PSS) but it still has powder snow, I was wondering if it would still learn Ice Beam and If you could give it some kind of ability.

And secondly, will Zweilous be able to evolve in Hydreigon in Version 3, not really necessary now because Zweilous is pretty damn good if the PSS is implented.

And last but not least, Will I still be able to easily transform my .sav files when version 3 comes out, because my team will will start to wreck everybody at the championship, and is somebody able to help me to get to the Dark-Type gymleader in the Villa town, because I spent like an Hour and a half just walking around in it, pressing my arrow keys and hoping I'd find the breakthrough eventually

One thing at a time, friend =P lol just kidding, but in seriousness there's so much I have left to do in preparation for V3 which I'd want to finish before I start editing movesets and stuff. It's not that I didn't give Azradon an ability on purpose, I've just left it blank for now because I haven't decided what ability I'd like it to have and didn't want anyone to get used to an ability for me to suddenly change it to something else later =) yes Azradon evolves, it has three potential evolutions depending on its attack and defense stats, much like Tyrogue. Zweilous will be eble to evolve in V3 and your save file should be fine. I posted a walkthrough picture for the Verlume Villas Gym a few pages back in the thread, I'll try and get it for you if you can't find it! I'm hoping to put all the things like that into a website or something when I have the time. =)

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Hey! I wanted to know what the plan was for the gym leader career and the tournament. For the gym leader career (I already pm you this) I wanted to know if we have to use specific types or if we get our normal party. If we have to use that gyms type I want to start training.

For the tournament I was thinking like AshGray's Pokemon League as appose to Light Platinum's world tournament. The AshGray tournament felt more realistic to me as appose to battling back to back battles against fully healed oponents who don't have seemed to have to battle to get to you. I assume you have played both games but I will explain just in case.

AshGray: You got to know a little bit about your opponent then fight. You came out healed learned more and then got to fight.

Light Platinum: You fought five straight battles with no break to even use items to heal.

Well I hope you and other people agree and that I didn't waste too much of anybody's time.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey! I wanted to know what the plan was for the gym leader career and the tournament. For the gym leader career (I already pm you this) I wanted to know if we have to use specific types or if we get our normal party. If we have to use that gyms type I want to start training.

For the tournament I was thinking like AshGray's Pokemon League as appose to Light Platinum's world tournament. The AshGray tournament felt more realistic to me as appose to battling back to back battles against fully healed oponents who don't have seemed to have to battle to get to you. I assume you have played both games but I will explain just in case.

AshGray: You got to know a little bit about your opponent then fight. You came out healed learned more and then got to fight.

Light Platinum: You fought five straight battles with no break to even use items to heal.

Well I hope you and other people agree and that I didn't waste too much of anybody's time.

The Gym Leader is going to be a mono-type challenge, but for Noah's Gym you have to only use first-stage-evolution Pokémon (.ie you can use Cubone but not Marowak) just to keep in with the feel of you being the first Leader suitable for Amateurs so the trainer levels won't be that high, then as you progress to taking over the other Gyms it will get a lot harder.

Thanks for your suggestions, but I already have the Mirage Of Tales tournament completely planned and don't want to make it the same as the way any other games have theirs =) I haven't played either games but I've heard they're very good!

Bliss

Years
  • You don't know how happy I am to see these updates coming in!

Keep up the great work!

(Too bad I'm so focused on learning HTML at the moment, so even if V3 was released today, I couldn't play it!)

Back