• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'm not sure who is being mean to who. Let's say neither. Why? I'm bored and I don't want to fight.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Wouldn't it be funny if Nintendo added Missingno as a real pokemon in the 5th generation as a gag?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    You also forgot the 10 spaces Missingno. in DPP. Still, we call it Missingno. because it's data is out of the pokedex (000, 494, 495, ???, 253 GSC)

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    It deserves it, but shouldn't get it because not being "real" is what Missingno. is all about. At least to me.

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
    WHY DOES MISSINGNO. HAVE 2 WATER GUNS?

i allways wondered the same thing....
    and yes missingno. was in yellow but it froze the game :(

@night: yes ill give u some proof ;) but not right now..

message to everyone: in the japanese versions of D/P there was an easy glitch that triggered missingo. (it involved a double battle)
    in r/b/y it was the old school missingno. glitch ;)
    the only tracings i have seen of a g/s/c/ missingno. was through gameshark..
    and in the japanese versins of R/S/E it had something to do with fisherman at the top of dewford...

Last edited:

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    You also forgot the 10 spaces Missingno. in DPP. Still, we call it Missingno. because it's data is out of the pokedex (000, 494, 495, ???, 253 GSC)

I used the walk-through-walls code and skipped getting my pokemon from the suitcase. In Twinleaf Town, Professor Rowan decided that I should keep -------- {yes, it was dashes, no spaces}. I tried to open the pokedex but then the screen went black.

~Night

P.S. and some people were wondering why MissingNo. had two Water Guns. Well, I think it's obvious. MissingNo. is a glitch pokemon.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I used the walk-through-walls code and skipped getting my pokemon from the suitcase. In Twinleaf Town, Professor Rowan decided that I should keep -------- {yes, it was dashes, no spaces}. I tried to open the pokedex but then the screen went black.

~Night

P.S. and some people were wondering why MissingNo. had two Water Guns. Well, I think it's obvious. MissingNo. is a glitch pokemon.

:lol: You obtained a --------!------

Actually, we know Missingno. is a glitch pokemon ,but where do the two Water Guns come from? There are what, two, Water Guns in the game or what?

DARKSHADE

Years
    yeah something like that.....
    well im sure with the right tools its easy to make a pokemon learn 2 of the same move.....
    so thats probably what nintendo did
    (as it was a script testing pokemon)

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    As a gag? That's sad T-T

Missingno. deserves its own little spot in the PokeDex as a real Pokemon. An official Pokemon, one you can catch without it glitching the game.
    Yeah, I actually made a fanfiction with Missingno. as a real pokemon. The main character in it discovered and caught it{It turned out to be a very strong pokemon o.o}

~Night

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Yeah, I actually made a fanfiction with Missingno. as a real pokemon. The main character in it discovered and caught it{It turned out to be a very strong pokemon o.o}

~Night

You said in that in your fanfic, Missingno. was strong. In the games is Missingno. strong? Because I remember it as being really weak even though it had Sky Attack.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    You said in that in your fanfic, Missingno. was strong. In the games is Missingno. strong? Because I remember it as being really weak even though it had Sky Attack.
    No, it isn't. A few years ago on my brother's red version, a level 124{I think that was the level}MissingNo. appeared and I beat it with a level 60something pokemon o.o I think I used a Raichu to kill it.

~Night

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Missingno. is more of an attacking pokemon, with great attack stat. The only pokemon that has worse defense than it is Chansey, but Missingno.'s Defense stat can be hidden by it's Sky Gunning combos. Other than that, I have heard of a fan fiction where Missingno. breaks out of a Master Ball and KO-s Mewtwo in one hit...

DARKSHADE

Years
    ok guys i come with great news!!!!
    u have been using my gba action replay to search for missingno.'s in R/S/E (using a cheat i like to call the shuffle cheat, it basically shuffles were wild pokemon are...)
    these are the different ones i found:

sprite:
    Missingno

Name:?
    pokedex no.:390
    moves: tackle
    type: normal
    special ability: none
    able to look at summary: yes everything is perfectly fine
    harmfull: NO

sprite:
    Missingno

name: (doesnt have one)
    pokedex no. 276
    moves: (none)
    type: (changes everytime its looked at)
    special ability: huge power
    item: ??????????
    able to look at summary: yes everything is perfectly fine except for if you look at its moves (because it has none)

sprite:https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/Firechu/Missingnoquestion.jpg

name: DLE
    pokedex no.118
    special ability: drizzle
    able to look at summary: no it freezes
    harmfull: YES

sprite:
    Missingno

name: UST
    pokedex number: unknown

sprite:
    Missingno

name: ET PUNCH
    pokedex no. unknown

sprite:
    Missingno

name:BIND
    pokedex no.275
    able to look at summary: for a mili-second then it freezes and restarts the game..
    harmfull:YES

sprite
    Missingno

name: (none)
    pokedex no.: (unknown)

i will update this list with the more i find ;)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    ok guys i come with great news!!!!
    u have been using my gba action replay to search for missingno.'s in R/S/E (using a cheat i like to call the shuffle cheat, it basically shuffles were wild pokemon are...)
    these are the different ones i found:

sprite:
    Missingno

Name:?
    pokedex no.:390
    moves: tackle
    type: normal
    special ability: none
    able to look at summary: yes everything is perfectly fine

sprite:
    Missingno

name: (doesnt have one)
    pokedex no. 276
    moves: (none)
    type: (changes everytime its looked at)
    special ability: huge power
    item: ??????????
    able to look at summary: yes everything is perfectly fine except for if you look at its moves (because it has none)

sprite:https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/Firechu/Missingnoquestion.jpg

name: DLE
    pokedex no.118

sprite:
    Missingno

name: UST
    pokedex number: unknown

sprite:
    Missingno

name: ET PUNCH
    pokedex no. unknown

sprite:
    Missingno

name:BIND
    pokedex no.275
    able to look at summary: for a mili-second then it freezes and restarts the game..
    harmfull:YES

sprite
    Missingno

name: (none)
    pokedex no.: (unknown)

i will update this list with the more i find ;)

Now what you have posted is a part of an ongoing argument that is said a lot. I know some will disagree, and others will agree with what you said, however many claim that Missingno. was only in the original games, and that these are not missingnos., but just a question mark to show nothing is owned by trainer, so they are blanks, not missingno.. Many will argue, but my opinion is that they are all related, but not the true missingno.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I played my first failed hack and all pokemon were Missingno.s! Thank god it didn't get here... So many Missingno.'s and all had odd sprites like 2 ?? and the normal one and one was a Purple Mew! I don't know how, but the game froze and deleted itself... I nearly got a picture of it. It was "Wild Mew??????? appeared!" Yes, it said that.

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
    going back to what darkshade says, yes there is missingno in yellow, and yes it does crash the game, because i found it using the mew glitch. might upload a screeny sometime of it.

and to the definition of missingno.
    Missingno. is the glitch pokemon found in R/B/Y, which duplicates the item in the sixth slot of your bag, and mucks up the H.O.F. It also has been known to transform into a rhydon when put in the p.c.

Missingno comes in a variety of forms, such as ghost missingno. and glitch block missingno.. it has two cries. sometimes when seen it has a zapdos cry, and othertimes a nidoran cry. also when caught it has a nidoran cry when looking at the summary.

M., which is refered to as Missingno.'s cousin, is pratically the same, and comes in two forms that i know of, which are glitch block M. and Charizard M.

M. & Missingno. both are number 000 in the pokedex

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back