• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    i traded my missingnumber pokemon to a friend and it crashed his game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2010
    I've caught missingno twice and it messed up my game. It deleted my save file, but my game can still save. It probably didn't do much damage.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I've caught missingno twice and it messed up my game. It deleted my save file, but my game can still save. It probably didn't do much damage.

Sound like missingno 31 (Read about missingno on the internet so I know weird stuff like this lol)

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    Misingno. or missing number can also make you encounter pokemon that don't exist or don't exist yet, turn into anything, make your pokemon level to fictional levels & learn attacks they shouldn't, make you able to ride your bike up buildings, make you look like a pokemon, let you catch other trainers & their pokemon, throw (rocks, friut, trashcans, voltorbs, geodudes, gravelers, golems) as pokeballs, and other messed up junk.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    You know, I laugh at people who have their game's screw up because of glitches? My name in Red is H, so I can only see 'M, but I've never suffered any permanent damage from 'M. My game save is okay, I got 9999999 money from buying items, duplicating them, using them, then selling the extras, I have a Kangaskan who knows Water Gun, Water Gun and Sky Attack. And you know Hall of Fame? I never bothered beat the Elite Four! And 'M only affects it if you already have one, even if you meat him, then beat the E4 for the first time, you're HoF will be okay (from what I've heared, anyway).

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Misingno. or missing number can also make you encounter pokemon that don't exist or don't exist yet, turn into anything, make your pokemon level to fictional levels & learn attacks they shouldn't, make you able to ride your bike up buildings, make you look like a pokemon, let you catch other trainers & their pokemon, throw (rocks, friut, trashcans, voltorbs, geodudes, gravelers, golems) as pokeballs, and other messed up junk.

Yes, but it's only temporary...

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Yes, but it's only temporary...

Wrong!
    the effects of missingno are very dangerous and can destroy your game!

Go to pokeon red on gamefaqs.com and read about missingno there, I would attach the file here but it is copyrighted so I will not do it.

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
  • Wrong!

Go to pokeon red on gamefaqs.com and read about missingno there, I would attach the file here but it is copyrighted so I will not do it.
    Will it destroy the game immediatly? Cuz I had red for 5 years now and nothing has happend

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Wrong!

WRONG!
    The effects of MissingNo. depend on which MissingNo. you encounter. There are 4 kinds of MissingNo., glitch block version, ghost version, aerodactyl fossil MissingNo. and Kabutos Fossil MissingNo. (I've heard this one is safe IF you give him a nickname). I can tell you all about these glitches.

Elite-Four-Mark

I'm in the elite four now!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    I have a theory on how to fix missingno (note-this is only to make it never come again-it cannot fix the old glitch).

1. Disassemble the 8x8 icons in Missingno. and make them hexadecimal.
    2. Open the pokemon red/blue rom in a hex editor.
    3. Search the hex strings you came up with.
    4. Mess with crap until missingno stops appearing.

or you could do this:

1. Go into pokemon red/blue in hex.
    2. Find the place where pokemon definitions are stored.
    3. Find a hex code that creates new pokemon.
    4. Open the Dexter rom editor and assign new variables to the created pokemon, including a 00-FF placement.
    5. Soap, Rinse, Repeat until you have filled slots 000-255.

I have yet to try this but I think one or the other will work, most likely the latter.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Wee I remember catching a level 172 Missingno. in my Blue. I taught it Fly and Cut over Water gun, and evolved it into Kangaskhan. I then leveled it up/down (I'm confoozed) to Level 10 and traded it to my Crystal. I now have a Flying Kangaskhan on my team! And about a million Mews. :3

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I've been playing around with my Red Version, performing glitches. Today I finally got far enough to do the MissingNo. trick (new game file). However, instead of wild Pokemon always appearing along the east coast of Cinnibar Island, my rival appears too. He uses 6 Pokemon: 8 (which knows Tackle & Screech & is weak against Water), A glitchy Nidorino (which knows Horn Attack, TM42 [an Explosion-like attack that damages the opponent but doesn't hurt the user; sometimes causes the game to freeze], & Razor Wind), MissingNo., PKMN N (which knows Scratch & Leer [its cry sounds like the attack Sing]), a Flareon, & another glitchy Nidorino. The battle music is also slow, but returns to normal after battle.

Last edited:

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    WRONG!
    The effects of MissingNo. depend on which MissingNo. you encounter. There are 4 kinds of MissingNo., glitch block version, ghost version, aerodactyl fossil MissingNo. and Kabutos Fossil MissingNo. (I've heard this one is safe IF you give him a nickname). I can tell you all about these glitches.

I am afraid I must correct you there, their are totaled so far 76 different types of missingno, the one near cinnabar island is only one most can only be obtained with a game genie or gameshark. Some missingnos like the ghost of pkmon tower do not harm your game but ones like "M" can be lethal

Will it destroy the game immediatly? Cuz I had red for 5 years now and nothing has happend

It depends on what one your are encountering, seeing as you have used missingno that long no, that paticular one wont harm it :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Where does its name come from?
    Kinda like missing no. As in Missing Number.
    I know that's probably a coincidence, but kinda creepy because they just give it number 0 in the pokedex don't they?

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Where does its name come from?
    Kinda like missing no. As in Missing Number.
    I know that's probably a coincidence, but kinda creepy because they just give it number 0 in the pokedex don't they?

As far as I know missingno is present on every pokemon game in number 000 But it is only accesible with a cheat device on most of the games

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Yes it is to get missingno on pkmon D.P you need a cheat device and get the cheat to walk through walls and talk to rialy so he follows you. Get to the end of Iron Island without fighting anyone and leave with riely with you. Surf on any water area and you get attacked by a persian and Missingno.

Missingno arises from the error message "Missing number" but the game thinks this is a pokemon.

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    No, MissingNo. is not available on other games than R/B/Y. The glitches are ? and ?????? and other glitches, they are NOT MissingNo. and are just glitches in the PokéDex number #0. These #000 ones are usually put in as place holders to actually get rid of MissingNo. and other glitches.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back